SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
'Mum, how did I get my name?'

A woman is walking home with her 3 daughters.

The eldest daughter turns to her and asks, 'Mummy, how did I get my name?'

'Well sweetie, when we were bringing you home from the hospital, a rose petal landed on your head! So that's why we named you Rose.'

The second daughter, now curious, asks the same question.

'Well darling, when we were bringing you home from the hospital, a lily petal landed on your head! So that's why we named you Lily.'

The third girl asks 'HHGHGNGHGHNG?!?!?!'

'Shhh, quiet now, Cinderblock.'

'Well sweetie, when we were bringing you home from the hospital, a rose petal landed on your head! So that's why we named you Rose.'

'Well darling, when we were bringing you home from the hospital, a lily petal landed on your head! So that's why we named you Lily.'

I'm scratching my head wondering what's the joke

Anyone who thinks that is funny has a warped sense of humour

Reactions: Erik and cjc144

Sethia: It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a warped sense of humour or the ridiculous. Cheers

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
It is similar to the two dogs f---ing, Indian joke.
Explanation not judgement:
A cinderblock fell on her head. Therefore she has mental health issues.

Reactions: Elbe and Ricci
The other children were named after something that fell on their head. Child three had a cinderblock (large brick) land on her head causing her to have a mental health issue. That is why she can't speak properly. That is my interpretation. Similar to the Red Indian joke. The first child was named something like Flying Eagle because that is the first thing the father saw after leaving teepee after the birth. Next child named White Cloud. Then Father asks "Why do you ask, Two Dogs F---ing?"

SICK JOKE... AND UNCALLED FOR. LEAVE THE INFIRMED ALONE.
THIS JOKE IS FAR WORSE THAN THE ROCKING EDDIE JOKEs OF THE 80s.

Sorry; not to my taste.
A bit funny but that is seriously offset by the sad and cruel aspect.

I wonder if you would think it funny if someone in you family was effected in such a way.

@Dougal @smarty @Dennis @Dancer @Nannipop005 @Vet543 @Jacket @chezna @ipswich

Hi all, I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge everything you have all said. First and foremost I think it's really important to say that we completely agree with everything you're all saying. This joke is extremely distasteful and we take full responsibility for anyone who was hurt or offended when they read this. This is not at all what we stand for here at the SDC and @Sethia is absolutely distraught she posted it and upset you all - that was not her intention, and from now on any joke she posts will be checked by the team prior :)

I hope you can understand that we've made a mistake, but judge us on how we handle ourselves now that we've made this mistake - it won't happen again, I can assure you that.

I apologise profusely on behalf of the entire team, but also from the bottom of my heart. This community is not a place that I want anyone coming to at any time and being offended by something we have written.

We are human, we make mistakes, but I assure you we are learning from this one!

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your comments and have your say - it's exactly what we want our members to be doing.

Thank you for calling us out when we were wrong!
Maddie.