Missing Everyday Rewards feature? Woolworths has cleared the commotion!

Getting ready for Christmas is exciting, but can also be a financial strain. So, Woolworths’ has taken steps to make the holidays just that little bit easier by introducing the 'Bank for Christmas'.

Through this program, the retail giant would help customers spread out Christmas costs, and Everyday Rewards members can receive bonus points for their next shop or even have $100 added to their holiday budget. All you need is to spin the wheel in the Everyday Rewards app. You can read the full mechanics of this program here.

Unfortunately, some customers who signed up for the program expressed their frustration and disappointment online as they couldn’t find the Spin Surprise feature.

One customer wrote, ‘I feel there is a lot of us that have the savings set to Bank for Christmas but still don't have the spin in the app. Mine has been set to Bank for Christmas since January, so I think there must be a glitch somewhere.’

‘I don't have it either, and mine is fully up to date, and I'm banking for Christmas too,’ said another customer.

Another commenter responded, ‘Nothing here. Latest app, banking for Christmas, checked every tab and section.’

wow-new-week-of-spin-surprise-v0-4tek36eb42wb1.png
Some customers couldn’t find Woolworth’s Spin Surprise feature in their app. Credit: Reddit

In an attempt to make amends, a Woolworths spokesperson said, 'Everyday Rewards members who opted to bank their points for Christmas will be able to spin the Spin Surprise Wheel for a chance to win a prize.’

'In order to engage in special member events like “Spin Surprise”, it's important members have opted into receiving marketing communications from Everyday Rewards,’ he added.

‘Opting in is easy to do by logging into the Everyday Rewards app and changing your communication preferences in your account.'

Customers have until Monday, 30 October, to access the Spin Surprise wheel to win a prize. The amazing part about the Spin Surprise feature is that the biggest bonus you can get is $100 added to your Christmas budget.

Despite the issue circulating, Woolworth’s customers shared their wins online and love for the new feature.

One customer said, ‘1,000 points after I spend $70.’

‘I got 200 and have to spend $1,’ another said.

Another shopper added, ‘500 points but need to spend $100!’

The Bank for Christmas program is a great way to save more while shopping during the festive season. Nearly a million Aussies have signed up, with each saving an average of $100 for their holiday shop.

On handling your Christmas budget, Glen Baker, General Manager of Everyday Rewards, said, ‘Planning and preparation can go a long way in stretching a Christmas budget, not only saving you money but valuable time and energy as well.’

‘Make your grocery and gift list early, so you can keep an eye out for specials at both Woolworths and BIG W available in the lead-up to Christmas,’ he added.

‘By stocking up on things like non-perishable food items, gift wrap and presents in advance, you can store them away for the big day to save you time and spread out the cost of Christmas over multiple weeks.’

Baker also said that Everyday Rewards members should check other Christmas offers, such as exclusive deals on food, decorations, and gifts.

If you want to maximise Everyday Rewards and get more points, this avid Woolworth’s shopper shared her clever way of boosting her Everyday Rewards points! Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has responded to customers who claimed they were unable to access bonus Everyday Rewards points through the Spin Surprise feature.
  • The feature allows members to spin a wheel in the Everyday Rewards app, to access extra rewards or up to $100 added to their Christmas budget.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson clarified that Everyday Rewards members who have opted to receive marketing communications and banked points for Christmas will be able to access the Spin Surprise feature.
  • Glen Baker, general manager of Everyday Rewards, encouraged customers to plan and prepare for the festive season by taking advantage of offers and spreading out costs.

Have you tried Woolworth’s Spin Surprise feature on their app? Let us know your experience in the comments below!

Reactions: Marj53
Sponsored
I just wish they had not stopped their Mastercard which gave me 10% discount on my grocery buy each month. Now I need to purchase insurance of some kind to get the discount,(I’m not changing insurance company.) we saved hundreds each month. Our budget has now been blown out of the wate.

I think I’ll stick to flybys I’ve got $200 worth of points I can redeem for Christmas..
Flybys are no good for me as I am a little over weight so no matter how hard I flap my arms i will never get of the ground and If I wanted to take luggage, I spend enough time going around in circles as it is....

• Haha
Reactions: Observer
So now all the prices will go up again to cover what it's costs to do this. Well done Woolworths. Nothing is free so someone has to pay for it and it ain't Wollies.

Reactions: Ashmenou and Leenie
Getting ready for Christmas is exciting, but can also be a financial strain. So, Woolworths’ has taken steps to make the holidays just that little bit easier by introducing the 'Bank for Christmas'.

Through this program, the retail giant would help customers spread out Christmas costs, and Everyday Rewards members can receive bonus points for their next shop or even have $100 added to their holiday budget. All you need is to spin the wheel in the Everyday Rewards app. You can read the full mechanics of this program here.

Unfortunately, some customers who signed up for the program expressed their frustration and disappointment online as they couldn’t find the Spin Surprise feature.

One customer wrote, ‘I feel there is a lot of us that have the savings set to Bank for Christmas but still don't have the spin in the app. Mine has been set to Bank for Christmas since January, so I think there must be a glitch somewhere.’

‘I don't have it either, and mine is fully up to date, and I'm banking for Christmas too,’ said another customer.

Another commenter responded, ‘Nothing here. Latest app, banking for Christmas, checked every tab and section.’

View attachment 33196
Some customers couldn’t find Woolworth’s Spin Surprise feature in their app. Credit: Reddit

In an attempt to make amends, a Woolworths spokesperson said, 'Everyday Rewards members who opted to bank their points for Christmas will be able to spin the Spin Surprise Wheel for a chance to win a prize.’

'In order to engage in special member events like “Spin Surprise”, it's important members have opted into receiving marketing communications from Everyday Rewards,’ he added.

‘Opting in is easy to do by logging into the Everyday Rewards app and changing your communication preferences in your account.'

Customers have until Monday, 30 October, to access the Spin Surprise wheel to win a prize. The amazing part about the Spin Surprise feature is that the biggest bonus you can get is $100 added to your Christmas budget.

Despite the issue circulating, Woolworth’s customers shared their wins online and love for the new feature.

The Bank for Christmas program is a great way to save more while shopping during the festive season. Nearly a million Aussies have signed up, with each saving an average of $100 for their holiday shop.

On handling your Christmas budget, Glen Baker, General Manager of Everyday Rewards, said, ‘Planning and preparation can go a long way in stretching a Christmas budget, not only saving you money but valuable time and energy as well.’

‘Make your grocery and gift list early, so you can keep an eye out for specials at both Woolworths and BIG W available in the lead-up to Christmas,’ he added.

‘By stocking up on things like non-perishable food items, gift wrap and presents in advance, you can store them away for the big day to save you time and spread out the cost of Christmas over multiple weeks.’

Baker also said that Everyday Rewards members should check other Christmas offers, such as exclusive deals on food, decorations, and gifts.

If you want to maximise Everyday Rewards and get more points, this avid Woolworth’s shopper shared her clever way of boosting her Everyday Rewards points! Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has responded to customers who claimed they were unable to access bonus Everyday Rewards points through the Spin Surprise feature.
  • The feature allows members to spin a wheel in the Everyday Rewards app, to access extra rewards or up to $100 added to their Christmas budget.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson clarified that Everyday Rewards members who have opted to receive marketing communications and banked points for Christmas will be able to access the Spin Surprise feature.
  • Glen Baker, general manager of Everyday Rewards, encouraged customers to plan and prepare for the festive season by taking advantage of offers and spreading out costs.

Have you tried Woolworth’s Spin Surprise feature on their app? Let us know your experience in the comments below!
I got 1000 points but was in a hurry after spinning and did not read any more on the site. Thought I would get 1000 points for nothing but it appears I have to spend money to get it....no I will not be spending $70 to get by Monday 31st...oh well...there you go!

View attachment 33196

Key Takeaways

App updated, comm pref's all set on and still NOTHING! Damn stupid apps!!!

I dont trust any app what so ever and therefor do not use them.... I will be very soon changing back to a dumb phone.... so I will not be able to get any of those digital id crap thing o's

View attachment 33196

Key Takeaways

I got a spin the wheel to be used by end of October. I won 1200 points if is spent over $50 at BWS. We don't drink much alcohol but it got the "Christmas cheer" with a great bonus.

I just wish they had not stopped their Mastercard which gave me 10% discount on my grocery buy each month. Now I need to purchase insurance of some kind to get the discount,(I’m not changing insurance company.) we saved hundreds each month. Our budget has now been blown out of the wate.
10% for a month shop is available it's just on one shop per month and you have to elect to be in the rewards + program and it costs $5 a month if you pay yearly. Also get the same at Big W. It isn't as good as the old Mastercard one but at least it's something. I can interchange some products between Woolies and Big W so get the discounts each month. I usually take the discount in Woolies on a big meat shop each month

I got a spin the wheel to be used by end of October. I won 1200 points if is spent over $50 at BWS. We don't drink much alcohol but it got the "Christmas cheer" with a great bonus.
I'll give you $50 LOL