Meghan Markle reveals SHOCKING reason behind game show exit years ago

Whether you’re a fan of hers or not, it’s hard to dispute that Meghan Markle is an intelligent, successful woman – she’s the Duchess of Sussex, an actress, a patron of several charities, and now a mother and wife. So it’s hard to believe that there was ever a time when she was made to feel like her worth was based solely on her looks.

But in a recent episode of her Archetypes podcast with Paris Hilton, the Duchess of Sussex opened up about exactly that – revealing how she felt objectified and reduced to a ‘bimbo’ during her short stint as a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal.

For those who don't remember (or never saw it), Deal or No Deal was a popular TV game show where contestants had to choose one of 26 sealed briefcases, each containing a different cash amount ranging from $0.01 to $1 million.

After making their choice, the contestant then had to try and negotiate with the anonymous Banker for the best possible deal on their case.

63588861-11327251-Meghan_Markle_today_opened_up_on_being_a_Deal_or_No_Deal_briefca-a-22_166608...png
Meghan first appeared on Deal or No Deal in 2006. Credit: Daily Mail/NBC/BACKGRID

Part of the show's appeal were the gorgeous models who stood beside each briefcase wearing evening gowns – one of whom was Meghan Markle herself.

What viewers at home didn't see were the behind-the-scenes requirements that these women had to adhere to in order to keep their jobs – including spray tans, padded bras, hair extensions, and more.

Speaking about her experience on the show 16 years ago (she first appeared in 2006), Meghan said: 'I was really grateful as an auditioning actress to have a job. That could pay my bills. I had income, I was part of the Union, I had health insurance, it was great.'

Despite the initial gratefulness though, she slowly but surely came to some realisations.

'There were times when I was on set at Deal or No Deal and thinking back to my time working as an intern at the US Embassy in Argentina, Buenos Aires, and being in the motorcade with the secretary of treasury at the time and being valued specifically for my brain.’

'Here, I was being valued for something quite the opposite. I mean, you have to imagine, just to paint the picture for you, that before the tapings of the show, all the girls, we would line up.’

63589365-11327251-Meghan_appeared_on_Season_two_of_NBC_s_Deal_or_No_Deal_16_years_-a-36_166608...png
Meghan described a different world behind the cameras at the set of Deal or No Deal. Credit: Daily Mail/NBCU Photo Bank/Getty Images

She added that they were ‘forced’ to form lines for various tweaks to their appearances, including putting padding in their bras, and attaching fake eyelashes and hair extensions.

‘We were even given spray-tan vouchers each week because there was a very cookie cutter idea of precisely what we should look like. It was solely about our beauty'.

At one point, Meghan shared, a woman who was a ranking staff member of the show told her to suck her stomach in to look fit while the cameras were rolling.

Key Takeaways

• Meghan Markle has revealed she quit as a Deal or No Deal briefcase girl after 34 episodes because she was 'objectified' and forced to have spray tans and wear a padded bra that left her feeling reduced to a 'bimbo'.
  • The Duchess of Sussex said she was grateful for the work and money as she tried to succeed as an actress, but disliked 'how it made me feel, which was not smart' because 'I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks'.
  • Meghan said she wants her daughter Lilibet to be valued first for her mind, rather than 'beauty not brains' as she was on the TV gameshow.
'And that's how it felt for me at the time being reduced to this specific archetype, the word bimbo,' she said. The Oxford Dictionary defines ‘bimbo’ as an attractive but dull-witted young woman.

Eventually, things came to be too much for Meghan. After 34 episodes, she left.

'I ended up quitting the show. I was so much more than what was being objectified on the stage. I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks. And little substance.’

For obvious reasons, Meghan wants a life vastly different for her daughter Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, or simply, Lili.

_125310476_thumbnail_lilibetdianamountbatten-windsor.jpg.png
Meghan hopes Lili grows up aspiring to be a woman of substance. Credit: BBC/Misan Harriman

Meghan carries hopes that one day, Lili will be valued not for her looks, but for her mind.

She said: 'I want our daughter to aspire to be slightly higher. Yeah, I want my Lili to want to be educated and to want to be smart and to pride herself on those things.'

Well, don’t we all want a better future for our little girls and children? Good on you, Meghan!

If you have time, do check out these stories featuring Meghan, such as when a TV host took aim at her during the late Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, or when she was criticised for ‘meddling’ with US politics on US President Joe Biden’s pick for US Supreme Court Justice.

So, what do you think about Meghan’s reasons for stepping away from Deal Or No Deal? Do you share her hopes for her daughter for a world that values brains over beauty?

Do share your comments and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/Inside Edition

Sponsored
Whether you’re a fan of hers or not, it’s hard to dispute that Meghan Markle is an intelligent, successful woman – she’s the Duchess of Sussex, an actress, a patron of several charities, and now a mother and wife. So it’s hard to believe that there was ever a time when she was made to feel like her worth was based solely on her looks.

But in a recent episode of her Archetypes podcast with Paris Hilton, the Duchess of Sussex opened up about exactly that – revealing how she felt objectified and reduced to a ‘bimbo’ during her short stint as a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal.

For those who don't remember (or never saw it), Deal or No Deal was a popular TV game show where contestants had to choose one of 26 sealed briefcases, each containing a different cash amount ranging from $0.01 to $1 million.

After making their choice, the contestant then had to try and negotiate with the anonymous Banker for the best possible deal on their case.

View attachment 7547
Meghan first appeared on Deal or No Deal in 2006. Credit: Daily Mail/NBC/BACKGRID

Part of the show's appeal were the gorgeous models who stood beside each briefcase wearing evening gowns – one of whom was Meghan Markle herself.

What viewers at home didn't see were the behind-the-scenes requirements that these women had to adhere to in order to keep their jobs – including spray tans, padded bras, hair extensions, and more.

Speaking about her experience on the show 16 years ago (she first appeared in 2006), Meghan said: 'I was really grateful as an auditioning actress to have a job. That could pay my bills. I had income, I was part of the Union, I had health insurance, it was great.'

Despite the initial gratefulness though, she slowly but surely came to some realisations.

'There were times when I was on set at Deal or No Deal and thinking back to my time working as an intern at the US Embassy in Argentina, Buenos Aires, and being in the motorcade with the secretary of treasury at the time and being valued specifically for my brain.’

'Here, I was being valued for something quite the opposite. I mean, you have to imagine, just to paint the picture for you, that before the tapings of the show, all the girls, we would line up.’

View attachment 7548
Meghan described a different world behind the cameras at the set of Deal or No Deal. Credit: Daily Mail/NBCU Photo Bank/Getty Images

She added that they were ‘forced’ to form lines for various tweaks to their appearances, including putting padding in their bras, and attaching fake eyelashes and hair extensions.

‘We were even given spray-tan vouchers each week because there was a very cookie cutter idea of precisely what we should look like. It was solely about our beauty'.

At one point, Meghan shared, a woman who was a ranking staff member of the show told her to suck her stomach in to look fit while the cameras were rolling.

Key Takeaways

• Meghan Markle has revealed she quit as a Deal or No Deal briefcase girl after 34 episodes because she was 'objectified' and forced to have spray tans and wear a padded bra that left her feeling reduced to a 'bimbo'.
  • The Duchess of Sussex said she was grateful for the work and money as she tried to succeed as an actress, but disliked 'how it made me feel, which was not smart' because 'I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks'.
  • Meghan said she wants her daughter Lilibet to be valued first for her mind, rather than 'beauty not brains' as she was on the TV gameshow.
'And that's how it felt for me at the time being reduced to this specific archetype, the word bimbo,' she said. The Oxford Dictionary defines ‘bimbo’ as an attractive but dull-witted young woman.

'I ended up quitting the show. I was so much more than what was being objectified on the stage. I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks. And little substance.’

For obvious reasons, Meghan wants a life vastly different for her daughter Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, or simply, Lili.

View attachment 7546
Meghan hopes Lili grows up aspiring to be a woman of substance. Credit: BBC/Misan Harriman

Meghan carries hopes that one day, Lili will be valued not for her looks, but for her mind.

She said: 'I want our daughter to aspire to be slightly higher. Yeah, I want my Lili to want to be educated and to want to be smart and to pride herself on those things.'

Well, don’t we all want a better future for our little girls and children? Good on you, Meghan!

If you have time, do check out these stories featuring Meghan, such as when a TV host took aim at her during the late Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, or when she was criticised for ‘meddling’ with US politics on US President Joe Biden’s pick for US Supreme Court Justice.

So, what do you think about Meghan’s reasons for stepping away from Deal Or No Deal? Do you share her hopes for her daughter for a world that values brains over beauty?

Reactions: Estelle Brown
Honestly..if Meghan had achieved this off her own back, she'd be worth the accolades... but, for starters, who had really heard of her before she hooked Harry....who really believes this woman knows what the truth is or is capable of speaking it!! And what has she done for the royal family which she married into, for better or worse, and supposedly committed to her new country and was thus given the award of Duchess, to carry on the humanitarian and charity work that is the royal duty.......yes, she's worked hard, knuckled down and learned the protocols for someone in her new position, someone who represents Queen/King and country...gives inspiring speeches at the charity events she attends....oh no, hang on... no she doesn't!! She packed up Harry and his money, got her own little palace in USA and gives flashy glossy magazine interviews and does whiney podcasts about being a Bimbo and Diva and Bi#$h....🤣🤣 it another 'achievement' of hers!!

View attachment 7547

View attachment 7548

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7546

I think she has used her looks for more than working on TV.
Selling her body for money is worse.

My God, aren't some people sucked in easily ( including Harry ) she was a B- actress and learnt the art of destroying whoever she felt like - what I can't understand is how people support this woman and give her accolades, she didn't get her way with the Royal family, now she wants to destroy them. Be careful Harry, she is a schemer and if it doesn't work out the way she wants it, it will be riches to rags for you.

View attachment 7547

View attachment 7548

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7546

No doubt she auditioned for the show fully knowing what was expected and accepted the cash willingly.
No doubt she knew the royal expectations and accepted the applause (& Harry) willingly.
She's lost her bloom now she's older, more of a star feature, accepted the new bloodline and is with us all for better or worse, still getting a handsome paycheck to support her lifestyle - and just as with the TV show, now complains, complains, complains.
How sad.
What will her daughter think of her mum in 15 years time? Not exactly a praiseworthy role-model....

Last edited:

View attachment 7547

View attachment 7548

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7546

Once a Bimbo always a Bimbo !

SAD SAD little Markle, the sparkle has gone caught on the beach,
Not by the prying cameras, no by her OWN CAMERA.
Check it out she is running around "look at me look at me " and adjusting her own camera.
So, as I see it, she has joined the ranks of
Paris Hilton
Kym Kardashian " I thought Captain Kirk had killed of that those beings"
Pamela Anderson
and God knows who else.
So having to wear a padded bra is ten times worse than naked on the beach and recording it yourself.
Well boo hoo wipe your teary eyes with a bed sheet " a hanky would be way to small!
Question, who released this movie to mainstream??
One Attention seeking BITCH WITCH without a pointy hat.
Lady Diana presented perfectly.
Lady Kate another faultless person.
Markle, a creature of colour, that whinges, moans, complains, and does not adhere to protocol and demands payment for attendance at royal fixtures what has the royal family done to deserve this???
Harry you're a wanker!!

Check it out she is running around "look at me look at me " and adjusting her own camera.
Paris Hilton
Pamela Anderson
and God knows who else.
So having to wear a padded bra is ten times worse than naked on the beach and recording it yourself.
Well boo hoo wipe your teary eyes with a bed sheet " a hanky would be way to small!
Markle, a creature of colour, that whinges, moans, complains, and does not adhere to protocol and demands payment for attendance at royal fixtures what has the royal family done to deserve this???
Harry you're a wanker!!
Moaning Markle’s days are numbered. She should realise that playing the victim always has the same ending. People eventually get tired of listening to victims and ignore them. Incidentally, isn’t it the general idea of make-up, props and costumes to enhance the appearance of actors and even a ‘case-toting‘ wannabe like her.

View attachment 7547

View attachment 7548

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7546

FORCED😂she wasn’t forced to take the job. Hair extensions, false eyelashes, tans, OMG! So many girls/women do all those things now to enhance beauty😀 INTELLIGENCE🙄No one was being hired for intelligence, the show wasn’t about that😆It shows how unintelligent naive and self obsessed she was then and clearly lacking in self awareness NOW🫤

I think she has used her looks for more than working on TV.
Selling her body for money is worse.
Sorry, but to my mind, she isn't a spectacular beauty even with all the slap. And all the prior hype and bullshit about any offspring's skin colouring, which is only natural in a biracial relationship. There is nothing wrong in that, only a fool would ignore the question as somewhere down the track, (and before anybody starts jumping up and down, I am in a bi-racial relationship) there will be what is commonly called a throwback, which is essentially a person with perhaps completely negroid features with the exception of a white (albino) skin colouring as witnessed in Madagascar, or more commonly in NZ where they used to be called Whaka Blondes. Now I am not saying that this will occur in every case, but will occur in large enough quantities to discuss the possibility

I will never understand people critics who only know what they read about people. Maybe we should all look in the mirror see how good we are

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 7547

View attachment 7548

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7546

I'm stunned. What about this job made her think she would be valued for her brain? She applied for a job that was about her body and looks to pay the bills and have health insurance, and now says it was objectifying and made her fell like a bimbo? Really? The job was to pay the bills have health insurance and get out when she could to something better. That's what she did. Why the moaning now about what worked for her at the time? We've all done things to fill the gaps and move on.

Reactions: Kaylee and Ricci
Paris Hilton
Pamela Anderson
and God knows who else.
Harry you're a wanker!!
Harry doesn't need to wank because he has an available pussy. She must be good in the sack!

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 7547

View attachment 7548

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7546

Sick just utterly sick of the unhealthy unhinged pathalogical hate harassing articles on Meghan Duchess of Sussex.
No one has had to put up with the sludge turdid crap put on them daily as Meghan has.
Meghan had so much hate given to her from this toxic RF Mafia + the repugnant gutter Tabloids it's mind boggling.
The death threats, the vile repulsive comment from Camilla's old hack friend Jeremy Clarkson, the nasty articles daily. Enough!
The lies leaked from Camilla's viper nest!
Murdoch gutter Media EDITORS the British toxic Tabloids enabled by the RF Mafia
This will be written in the History books as an unwarrented lying despicable attack on a woman of colour. And History won't be kind to today's RF.!
This is what institutionalised bullying and racism looks like.
50 - yes, fifty - articles attacking Meghan Duchess of Sussex, were published on the Express website yesterday.
That's *50* articles in *24* hours- Murdock News - is not News - its the Journalists own unqualified unreliable opinion+ fake Royal Experts & leaked palace lies -
Claudia Winkleman was part of the infamous lunch with Camilla Parker Bowles, Piers Morgan & Jeremy Clarkson.
A few days later, Sophie Winkleman, Claudia Winkleman's sister wrote a very pro royal article filled with negative insinuations against the Sussexes
The brainstorming must have been very nasty... Camilla is shameless.
Charles uses the Daily Mail to post articles on him + leaves negative articles on his son & daughter-in-law. What Father does that??

Attachments

• 20221226_180509.jpg
    20221226_180509.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: