Meghan Markle reveals SHOCKING reason behind game show exit years ago

Whether you’re a fan of hers or not, it’s hard to dispute that Meghan Markle is an intelligent, successful woman – she’s the Duchess of Sussex, an actress, a patron of several charities, and now a mother and wife. So it’s hard to believe that there was ever a time when she was made to feel like her worth was based solely on her looks.

But in a recent episode of her Archetypes podcast with Paris Hilton, the Duchess of Sussex opened up about exactly that – revealing how she felt objectified and reduced to a ‘bimbo’ during her short stint as a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal.

For those who don't remember (or never saw it), Deal or No Deal was a popular TV game show where contestants had to choose one of 26 sealed briefcases, each containing a different cash amount ranging from $0.01 to $1 million.

After making their choice, the contestant then had to try and negotiate with the anonymous Banker for the best possible deal on their case.

63588861-11327251-Meghan_Markle_today_opened_up_on_being_a_Deal_or_No_Deal_briefca-a-22_166608...png
Meghan first appeared on Deal or No Deal in 2006. Credit: Daily Mail/NBC/BACKGRID

Part of the show's appeal were the gorgeous models who stood beside each briefcase wearing evening gowns – one of whom was Meghan Markle herself.

What viewers at home didn't see were the behind-the-scenes requirements that these women had to adhere to in order to keep their jobs – including spray tans, padded bras, hair extensions, and more.

Speaking about her experience on the show 16 years ago (she first appeared in 2006), Meghan said: 'I was really grateful as an auditioning actress to have a job. That could pay my bills. I had income, I was part of the Union, I had health insurance, it was great.'

Despite the initial gratefulness though, she slowly but surely came to some realisations.

'There were times when I was on set at Deal or No Deal and thinking back to my time working as an intern at the US Embassy in Argentina, Buenos Aires, and being in the motorcade with the secretary of treasury at the time and being valued specifically for my brain.’

'Here, I was being valued for something quite the opposite. I mean, you have to imagine, just to paint the picture for you, that before the tapings of the show, all the girls, we would line up.’

63589365-11327251-Meghan_appeared_on_Season_two_of_NBC_s_Deal_or_No_Deal_16_years_-a-36_166608...png
Meghan described a different world behind the cameras at the set of Deal or No Deal. Credit: Daily Mail/NBCU Photo Bank/Getty Images

She added that they were ‘forced’ to form lines for various tweaks to their appearances, including putting padding in their bras, and attaching fake eyelashes and hair extensions.

‘We were even given spray-tan vouchers each week because there was a very cookie cutter idea of precisely what we should look like. It was solely about our beauty'.

At one point, Meghan shared, a woman who was a ranking staff member of the show told her to suck her stomach in to look fit while the cameras were rolling.

Key Takeaways

• Meghan Markle has revealed she quit as a Deal or No Deal briefcase girl after 34 episodes because she was 'objectified' and forced to have spray tans and wear a padded bra that left her feeling reduced to a 'bimbo'.
  • The Duchess of Sussex said she was grateful for the work and money as she tried to succeed as an actress, but disliked 'how it made me feel, which was not smart' because 'I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks'.
  • Meghan said she wants her daughter Lilibet to be valued first for her mind, rather than 'beauty not brains' as she was on the TV gameshow.
'And that's how it felt for me at the time being reduced to this specific archetype, the word bimbo,' she said. The Oxford Dictionary defines ‘bimbo’ as an attractive but dull-witted young woman.

Eventually, things came to be too much for Meghan. After 34 episodes, she left.

'I ended up quitting the show. I was so much more than what was being objectified on the stage. I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks. And little substance.’

For obvious reasons, Meghan wants a life vastly different for her daughter Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, or simply, Lili.

_125310476_thumbnail_lilibetdianamountbatten-windsor.jpg.png
Meghan hopes Lili grows up aspiring to be a woman of substance. Credit: BBC/Misan Harriman

Meghan carries hopes that one day, Lili will be valued not for her looks, but for her mind.

She said: 'I want our daughter to aspire to be slightly higher. Yeah, I want my Lili to want to be educated and to want to be smart and to pride herself on those things.'

Well, don’t we all want a better future for our little girls and children? Good on you, Meghan!

If you have time, do check out these stories featuring Meghan, such as when a TV host took aim at her during the late Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, or when she was criticised for ‘meddling’ with US politics on US President Joe Biden’s pick for US Supreme Court Justice.

So, what do you think about Meghan’s reasons for stepping away from Deal Or No Deal? Do you share her hopes for her daughter for a world that values brains over beauty?

Do share your comments and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/Inside Edition

Sponsored
Whether you’re a fan of hers or not, it’s hard to dispute that Meghan Markle is an intelligent, successful woman – she’s the Duchess of Sussex, an actress, a patron of several charities, and now a mother and wife. So it’s hard to believe that there was ever a time when she was made to feel like her worth was based solely on her looks.

But in a recent episode of her Archetypes podcast with Paris Hilton, the Duchess of Sussex opened up about exactly that – revealing how she felt objectified and reduced to a ‘bimbo’ during her short stint as a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal.

For those who don't remember (or never saw it), Deal or No Deal was a popular TV game show where contestants had to choose one of 26 sealed briefcases, each containing a different cash amount ranging from $0.01 to $1 million.

After making their choice, the contestant then had to try and negotiate with the anonymous Banker for the best possible deal on their case.

View attachment 7547
Meghan first appeared on Deal or No Deal in 2006. Credit: Daily Mail/NBC/BACKGRID

Part of the show's appeal were the gorgeous models who stood beside each briefcase wearing evening gowns – one of whom was Meghan Markle herself.

What viewers at home didn't see were the behind-the-scenes requirements that these women had to adhere to in order to keep their jobs – including spray tans, padded bras, hair extensions, and more.

Speaking about her experience on the show 16 years ago (she first appeared in 2006), Meghan said: 'I was really grateful as an auditioning actress to have a job. That could pay my bills. I had income, I was part of the Union, I had health insurance, it was great.'

Despite the initial gratefulness though, she slowly but surely came to some realisations.

'There were times when I was on set at Deal or No Deal and thinking back to my time working as an intern at the US Embassy in Argentina, Buenos Aires, and being in the motorcade with the secretary of treasury at the time and being valued specifically for my brain.’

'Here, I was being valued for something quite the opposite. I mean, you have to imagine, just to paint the picture for you, that before the tapings of the show, all the girls, we would line up.’

View attachment 7548
Meghan described a different world behind the cameras at the set of Deal or No Deal. Credit: Daily Mail/NBCU Photo Bank/Getty Images

She added that they were ‘forced’ to form lines for various tweaks to their appearances, including putting padding in their bras, and attaching fake eyelashes and hair extensions.

‘We were even given spray-tan vouchers each week because there was a very cookie cutter idea of precisely what we should look like. It was solely about our beauty'.

At one point, Meghan shared, a woman who was a ranking staff member of the show told her to suck her stomach in to look fit while the cameras were rolling.

Key Takeaways

• Meghan Markle has revealed she quit as a Deal or No Deal briefcase girl after 34 episodes because she was 'objectified' and forced to have spray tans and wear a padded bra that left her feeling reduced to a 'bimbo'.
  • The Duchess of Sussex said she was grateful for the work and money as she tried to succeed as an actress, but disliked 'how it made me feel, which was not smart' because 'I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks'.
  • Meghan said she wants her daughter Lilibet to be valued first for her mind, rather than 'beauty not brains' as she was on the TV gameshow.
'And that's how it felt for me at the time being reduced to this specific archetype, the word bimbo,' she said. The Oxford Dictionary defines ‘bimbo’ as an attractive but dull-witted young woman.

Eventually, things came to be too much for Meghan. After 34 episodes, she left.

'I ended up quitting the show. I was so much more than what was being objectified on the stage. I didn't like feeling forced to be all looks. And little substance.’

For obvious reasons, Meghan wants a life vastly different for her daughter Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, or simply, Lili.

View attachment 7546
Meghan hopes Lili grows up aspiring to be a woman of substance. Credit: BBC/Misan Harriman

Meghan carries hopes that one day, Lili will be valued not for her looks, but for her mind.

She said: 'I want our daughter to aspire to be slightly higher. Yeah, I want my Lili to want to be educated and to want to be smart and to pride herself on those things.'

Well, don’t we all want a better future for our little girls and children? Good on you, Meghan!

If you have time, do check out these stories featuring Meghan, such as when a TV host took aim at her during the late Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, or when she was criticised for ‘meddling’ with US politics on US President Joe Biden’s pick for US Supreme Court Justice.

So, what do you think about Meghan’s reasons for stepping away from Deal Or No Deal? Do you share her hopes for her daughter for a world that values brains over beauty?

Do share your comments and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/Inside Edition

Sick just utterly sick of the unhealthy unhinged pathalogical hate harassing articles on Meghan Duchess of Sussex.
No one has had to put up with the sludge turdid crap put on them daily as Meghan has.
Meghan had so much hate given to her from this toxic RF Mafia + the repugnant gutter Tabloids it's mind boggling.
The death threats, the vile repulsive comment from Camilla's old hack friend Jeremy Clarkson, the nasty articles daily. Enough!
The lies leaked from Camilla's viper nest !
Murdoch gutter Media EDITORS the British toxic Tabloids enabled by the RF Mafia will be written in the History books as an unwarrented lying attack on a woman of colour. And History won't be kind to today's RF.
This is what institutionalised bullying and racism looks like.
50 - yes, fifty - articles attacking Meghan were published on the Express website yesterday. That's *50* articles in *24* hours- Murdock News - is not News - its the Journalists own unqualified unreliable opinion+ fake Royal Experts & leaked palace lies -
Claudia Winkleman was part of the infamous lunch with Camilla Parker Bowles, Piers Morgan & Jeremy Clarkson.
A few days later, Sophie Winkleman, Claudia Winkleman's sister wrote a very pro royal article filled with negative insinuations against the Sussexes
The brainstorming must have been very nasty... Camilla is shameless.
Charles uses the Daily Mail to post articles on him + leaves negative articles on his son & daughter-in-law. What Father does that
Sick just utterly sick of the unhealthy unhinged pathalogical hate harassing articles on Meghan Duchess of Sussex.
No one has had to put up with the sludge turdid crap put on them daily as Meghan has.
Meghan had so much hate given to her from this toxic RF Mafia + the repugnant gutter Tabloids it's mind boggling.
The death threats, the vile repulsive comment from Camilla's old hack friend Jeremy Clarkson, the nasty articles daily. Enough!
The lies leaked from Camilla's viper nest!
Murdoch gutter Media EDITORS the British toxic Tabloids enabled by the RF Mafia
This will be written in the History books as an unwarrented lying despicable attack on a woman of colour. And History won't be kind to today's RF.!
50 - yes, fifty - articles attacking Meghan Duchess of Sussex, were published on the Express website yesterday.
That's *50* articles in *24* hours- Murdock News - is not News - its the Journalists own unqualified unreliable opinion+ fake Royal Experts & leaked palace lies -
Claudia Winkleman was part of the infamous lunch with Camilla Parker Bowles, Piers Morgan & Jeremy Clarkson.
A few days later, Sophie Winkleman, Claudia Winkleman's sister wrote a very pro royal article filled with negative insinuations against the Sussexes
Charles uses the Daily Mail to post articles on him + leaves negative articles on his son & daughter-in-law. What Father does that??
Camilla Parker Bowles lunching with vile Piers Morgan+ repulsive mysoginistic Jeremy Clarkson.
Camilla turned Diana's life into a nightmare. Now she's good friend with journalists who harass Diana's younger son & his wife
How can any decent intelligent human accept this appalling attacks on a young Mum and wife. Meghan is a wonderful Mother and a loving devoted wife. So why the irrational hate ?
#CamillaParkerBowlesIsABully #CamillaConsortsWithAbusers

Attachments

• 20221226_181216.jpg
    20221226_181216.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
The lies leaked from Camilla's viper nest !
Murdoch gutter Media EDITORS the British toxic Tabloids enabled by the RF Mafia will be written in the History books as an unwarrented lying attack on a woman of colour. And History won't be kind to today's RF.
50 - yes, fifty - articles attacking Meghan were published on the Express website yesterday. That's *50* articles in *24* hours- Murdock News - is not News - its the Journalists own unqualified unreliable opinion+ fake Royal Experts & leaked palace lies -
Charles uses the Daily Mail to post articles on him + leaves negative articles on his son & daughter-in-law. What Father does that

Camilla Parker Bowles lunching with vile Piers Morgan+ repulsive mysoginistic Jeremy Clarkson.
Camilla turned Diana's life into a nightmare. Now she's good friend with journalists who harass Diana's younger son & his wife
How can any decent intelligent human accept this appalling attacks on a young Mum and wife. Meghan is a wonderful Mother and a loving devoted wife. So why the irrational hate ?
#CamillaParkerBowlesIsABully #CamillaConsortsWithAbusers

The lies leaked from Camilla's viper nest!
Murdoch gutter Media EDITORS the British toxic Tabloids enabled by the RF Mafia
This will be written in the History books as an unwarrented lying despicable attack on a woman of colour. And History won't be kind to today's RF.!
50 - yes, fifty - articles attacking Meghan Duchess of Sussex, were published on the Express website yesterday.
That's *50* articles in *24* hours- Murdock News - is not News - its the Journalists own unqualified unreliable opinion+ fake Royal Experts & leaked palace lies -
Charles uses the Daily Mail to post articles on him + leaves negative articles on his son & daughter-in-law. What Father does that??
You say that like it's a Bad Thing?

You say that like it's a Bad Thing?
Bullying anyone- being malicious -spreading lies on someone you think is ok? .
Well I was brought up differently to you.
I was brought up to abhor bullies & Liars .!! Leaking vicious lies to your pals in the media vindictively and cowardly on your daughter-in-law or step-daughter-in'law shows up what a truly rotten character you have. So good luck Britain paying exorbitant taxes for that lot!

Attachments

• 20221226_221002.jpg
    20221226_221002.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0