I just got another one from Coles/flybuys as well as one from Telstra, srating that a number of my points are about to expire. I dont have ant Telstra accounts, so that was easy, but with flybuys I wasnt sure. so I checked their website and the points will NOT EXPIRE as long as you use your card at least once per year!! So definitely another scam, but I still called flybuys service centre and they confirmed it all. so: do not open the sms, but delete!

That's so stupid, Medicare doesn't text people and your 'account' can't be frozen, it doesn't exist apart form registering claims you've made.
Medicare is health insurance and can be accessed on the My Gov site. I don't answer any texts or phone calls unless I know who the caller etc is, I delete them all.

Yeah I often get one from Flybuys saying i have a certain number of points which will be deleted.
After checking once with Flybuys Customer Service, i no longer bother about message and just delete it.

Ho hum....chuck that mobile phone in the deep blue sea and pay cash and use cheques. All that used to work very satisfactorily and remarkably conveniently, particularly when the postal service delivered letters next day as a matter of policy, and the only scammers were used-car sales-people, overpaid lawyers and politicians.

I was talking to a friend last night who went on a camping trip and found that his two children were suffering from mobile-phone deprivation after two days of being out of range of a telephone tower. After those two days he felt obliged to dive them within a tower's range.......Gawd 'elp us!

Reactions: Scaveola
I just got another one from Coles/flybuys as well as one from Telstra, srating that a number of my points are about to expire. I dont have ant Telstra accounts, so that was easy, but with flybuys I wasnt sure. so I checked their website and the points will NOT EXPIRE as long as you use your card at least once per year!! So definitely another scam, but I still called flybuys service centre and they confirmed it all. so: do not open the sms, but delete!
I didn’t know that about the Flybuys. Thank you for mentioning it. 👍🏻

Reactions: Scaveola