Chele

May 24, 2023
Medicare SMS

Just a heads up about another scam. Medicare. I did waste an hour trying to contact them, however they already know about it. Nowhere to report it to them on their website or app of course.

45894-Screenshot_20240418_114840_Messages.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zero 2
Chuck your mobile phone in........I know, I've said it before......the deep blue sea. Maybe after destroying the SIM card so as to avoid those fishy scams.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I’m very careful but my cards were compromised this week from two different banks. i never click on links but I got an email with an invoice attached. I was waiting for an invoice so I opened the email for about five seconds, realised it wasn’t what I was waiting for and deleted it, no links or anything. Next my account has a $299 charge to someone in Florida. I got onto Combank and my money was returned within 48hours. I did not provide any details when I opened the email for those brief seconds but they managed to get my card number. The bank issued a new card. The second one was I filled in a survey, which I’ve done many times for different services etc. This one was for SHEIN and there was a prize at the end, they had my details. It was then I decided to check on the sender of the email and it looked strange. I was right onto the bank and they said I hadn’t technically been scammed but asked if I’d signed up for something as they were taking a monthly subscription. I said no I hadn’t so again, the bank cancelled my card and issued a new one so they only got $4 which they said was postage for my prize. I did eventually get an email from this ‘firm’ so I immediately cancelled the subscription. Nothing to do with SHEIN. These scammers are changing the way they present things which even the most careful of us are fooled.

Yes there is
It was given to me by their Twitter Assistant
it’s [email protected]
This applies to all Scams ATO, Medicare and Centrelink
I have been getting a boat load of them since the Optus and Medibank Private fiasos
One day in frustration I upload one of them onto the Services Australia Twitter account and that was their response so just email to them and they deal with it

Amazing isn't it that the methods they use are sometimes so sophisticated & at others so clumsy. No wonder we get caught. Not at the clumsy ones.

Yes I received this not so long ago..I even emailed them to warn them of the scam..they didn't seem to interested at all..which I found astoundingly ignorant..they dont add a place to add a credit card so was kinda obvious to say the least.. but I believe they should have put out public warning of this scam..not everyone clicks immediately..