McDonald's to launch 'adult-only' menu item—don’t miss out!

After much anticipation, McDonald's has finally announced the launch of the 'Adult Happy Meal' in Australia!

This new twist on the classic Happy Meal, which has been a childhood staple for many, is now available for the 'big kids' among us, offering a nostalgic trip down memory lane with a side of fries.

The 'Adult Happy Meal' was first introduced in the US in October 2022, as a limited-edition collaboration with the American fashion label, Cactus Plant Flea Market.

This was followed by a second edition, created in partnership with American entertainer Kerwin Frost, towards the end of 2023.

SDC 3.jpeg
McDonald’s has shared an announcement for February 14, 2024. Image source: Facebook/McDonald’s AU.

However, despite its popularity overseas, the super-sized box filled with collectables and adult-sized portions was not immediately available in Australia.

The outcry from Australian fans, who felt left out of the fun, was loud and clear.

Social media was abuzz with pleas for the 'Adult Happy Meal' to be brought Down Under, and it seems McDonald's was listening!

Starting Wednesday, February 14, the 'Adult Happy Meal' will be available in Australia.

The 'Adult Happy Meal' offers a choice of either a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets or a Big Mac, accompanied by fries and a drink.

But what would a Happy Meal be without a toy? In a nod to the nostalgia of the '90s, the 'Adult Happy Meal' also includes the return of the iconic McNugget Buddies collectables.

Amanda Nakad, Director of Marketing for McDonald's Australia, explained the decision to bring back the McNugget Buddies, saying, 'The McNugget Buddies were first introduced to Aussies in 1998 as part of a limited-time Happy Meal featuring glow-in-the-dark McNugget Buddy collectables.'

'They’re best known for their wacky adventures, wild imaginations, unique personas and interchangeable outfits.'

'No matter how long it’s been, Macca’s fans never forget the feeling of opening a Happy Meal box to see the surprises inside.'

'Fans told us they wanted to celebrate that quintessential childhood experience again, so we’ve delivered for the big kids.'

The return marks the first time the toy has been available in Australia since they were discontinued in 2019.

Furthermore, each McNugget Buddy will come with its own collectors' trading cards, designed to take the 'big kids' on a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Kerwin Frost, who created the 'special set of Buddies', said the figurines 'each represent different aspects of self-expression' and described the collaboration as 'unreal, a dream come true'.

He added, 'McDonald’s has been a great partner from day one, and they’ve truly allowed me to create without limits.'

'I hope the Kerwin Frost Box will serve as a reminder for people to hone their creativity and not be afraid to show the world who they really are.'
Key Takeaways

• McDonald's has launched its 'Adult Happy Meal' in Australia following popular demand and success in the US.
  • The adult-themed Happy Meal offers customers a choice between a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets or a Big Mac, along with fries, a drink, and a toy.
  • The Adult Happy Meal features the return of iconic '90s collectibles, the McNugget Buddies, which were first introduced to Australian customers in 1998.
  • The announcement has excited Australian customers, particularly those who were disappointed when the initial US Adult Happy Meal did not make its way to Australia.
So, what do you think of the 'Adult Happy Meal'? Are you excited to relive a bit of your childhood? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
McSloppies has a new McSlapup meal. Congratulations McSloppies, your've done it again. The last time I bought a burger it looked like pigs slop and nothing like the picture on the menu board. I took it back to the counter and said I ordered A chicken burger like on the menu but I got this McSlapup burger instead and asked for a refund. I've never bought a McSlapup burger since. I go to a real burger shop.

• Love
Reactions: maherdj and Iggydi
McSloppies has a new McSlapup meal. Congratulations McSloppies, your've done it again. The last time I bought a burger it looked like pigs slop and nothing like the picture on the menu board. I took it back to the counter and said I ordered A chicken burger like on the menu but I got this McSlapup burger instead and asked for a refund. I've never bought a McSlapup burger since. I go to a real burger shop.
The last time my husband ate a "burger" from McDonalds he was sick. If I even think about going to Maccas I only buy Filet of Fish but they are so small now it's not worth walking into the place and I haven't had one for 5 years