March 2024 Pension Indexation: What to Expect

As the calendar pages turn, we find ourselves looking towards March. If you’re one of the over 2.5 million Australians who receive the Age Pension, you’re likely eager to know how much extra money you can expect in your account after the next pension indexation.

Last edited:
Sponsored
As a full-time age pensioner, tax cuts or increases mean little to me. Cost of living, though, is at the forefront. Despite all the hot air coming from Absentese and Charmless, there is not a whisper in respect of pensions. A simple comparison may help them focus (not).
My pension (including rent and other assistance) has increased by $180 per fortnight since January 2021. My rent has increased by $240 per fortnight in the same period. That, on its own, is currently an out-of-pocket expense of $60 a fortnight. Many other expense increases have occurred as well, like food and fuel etc.
There is to be a so-called "cost-of-living" adjustment made in March and another "step" adjustment in September. These will probably be in the vicinity of $20 per fortnight but not take into account the additional costs in the intervening periods.
Perhaps the pension should be indexed along with wages (retrospectively would be good). Maybe some of the funds given to Hamas could come our way, hmm?

As a full-time age pensioner, tax cuts or increases mean little to me. Cost of living, though, is at the forefront. Despite all the hot air coming from Absentese and Charmless, there is not a whisper in respect of pensions. A simple comparison may help them focus (not).
My pension (including rent and other assistance) has increased by $180 per fortnight since January 2021. My rent has increased by $240 per fortnight in the same period. That, on its own, is currently an out-of-pocket expense of $60 a fortnight. Many other expense increases have occurred as well, like food and fuel etc.
There is to be a so-called "cost-of-living" adjustment made in March and another "step" adjustment in September. These will probably be in the vicinity of $20 per fortnight but not take into account the additional costs in the intervening periods.
Perhaps the pension should be indexed along with wages (retrospectively would be good). Maybe some of the funds given to Hamas could come our way, hmm?
Yes, I agree with you. We are full pensioners, and our rent has gone up more than the pension increase over the last couple of years.

Rubbish doctored inflation figures used again there have been massive increases in everything and i mean everything and the pension is just enough to keep your head above water thats the way the pathètic government wants it they dont care they get a massive pension when they retire from parliment and the vast majority of them are millionaires they dont care about the ordinary people

why does'nt the indexation apply to the unemployed and single parents the same as pensioners and the disabled and carers
LETS SEE THE DIFFERENCE SINGLE PARENTS AND THE UNEMPLOYED RECEIVED LAST PENSION INCREASE IN SEPTEMBER
SINGLE PARENTS %15
THE UNEMPLOYED %6
PENSIONERS AND THE DISABLED AND CARERS %3.2
THIS IS THE 5TH TIME IN 3 YEARS SINGLE PARENTS AND THE UNEMPLOYED HAVE RECEIVED EXTRA BENEFITS ABOVE INDEXATION
IS THIS GOVT SAYING PRICES HAVE ONLY GONE UP %5 in the last 12 months for pensioners but all other centrelink clients its gone %12 for the unemployed and %30 for single parents IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS WITH MORE TO COME
WHAT A JOKE
ITS NO WONDER THAT THE UNEMPLOYED WILL NOT LOOK FOR WORK AND WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE KEEP HAVNG BABIES THEY CANNOT AFORD WHEN THEY ARE GETTING PAID MORE THAN AGED PENSIONERS THE DISABLED AND CARERS IS THAT HOW MORRISON EARNT 9 MILLION DOLLARS WHILE IN OFFICE BY STEALING PENSION FUNDS AND WHATEVER HE COULD LIE ABOUT
AMANDA RISHTON IS NO BETTER
A OUT AND OUT LIAR AND SHE SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR FEEDING BULLSHIT TO ALL THE PENSIONERS WHO PAID THEIR DUES
CAN THE DOLEYS AND SINGLE PARENTS SAY THE SAME
I THINK NOT

Well I would like to see us pensioners get the rise the politicians are going to sneak through for themselves and politicians to get nothing as they are already overpaid for doing nothing much at all except acting like a bunch of squabbling apes.

why does'nt the indexation apply to the unemployed and single parents the same as pensioners and the disabled and carers
LETS SEE THE DIFFERENCE SINGLE PARENTS AND THE UNEMPLOYED RECEIVED LAST PENSION INCREASE IN SEPTEMBER
SINGLE PARENTS %15
THE UNEMPLOYED %6
PENSIONERS AND THE DISABLED AND CARERS %3.2
THIS IS THE 5TH TIME IN 3 YEARS SINGLE PARENTS AND THE UNEMPLOYED HAVE RECEIVED EXTRA BENEFITS ABOVE INDEXATION
IS THIS GOVT SAYING PRICES HAVE ONLY GONE UP %5 in the last 12 months for pensioners but all other centrelink clients its gone %12 for the unemployed and %30 for single parents IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS WITH MORE TO COME
WHAT A JOKE
ITS NO WONDER THAT THE UNEMPLOYED WILL NOT LOOK FOR WORK AND WHY WOULDNT PEOPLE KEEP HAVNG BABIES THEY CANNOT AFORD WHEN THEY ARE GETTING PAID MORE THAN AGED PENSIONERS THE DISABLED AND CARERS IS THAT HOW MORRISON EARNT 9 MILLION DOLLARS WHILE IN OFFICE BY STEALING PENSION FUNDS AND WHATEVER HE COULD LIE ABOUT
AMANDA RISHTON IS NO BETTER
A OUT AND OUT LIAR AND SHE SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR FEEDING BULLSHIT TO ALL THE PENSIONERS WHO PAID THEIR DUES
CAN THE DOLEYS AND SINGLE PARENTS SAY THE SAME
I THINK NOT
I didn't realise the differences that Single parents and unemployed get with we others. No wonder I got abused for encouraging a young rel to go bush and get a job with experience and future. Likes to sit in the park on the grass and play with baby that 'she wanted a baby so had one'. See too many now in 30s from the mindset sleeping out and living off food welfare and centrelink now await these current 20s to sit alongside in the thunder storms etc

I used to think that the Age Pension was good, but as you get older there are more bills with health things and if there are Hospital things come up it's a job how to pay for those bills, plus the electricity and such.
I think the aged pension was a privilege given to many by the previous governments. Super was introduced 30 odd years ago at 1 per cent, Our children won't have this they have to contribute towards their old age early in their working life. The UK and many countries overseas have had a Super/Pension scheme for 65 years. The government needs to look at Politicians salary/pension. Why can't they put aside huge amounts towards their salary like everyone else does. DO THEY NEED A POLITICIAN'S PENSION?? Also a closer look at the A..ho..s that cheat the system don't work for years, single mothers that believe we should support them and their many children.

the last increase came with the rise in Land rates. LG sending out letters of how they are going to have to resort to the rise and could even have to sell off assets.
OMG all they do is take away rubbish any other request is knocked on the head as not necessary even to the fact of their nature strips they dont touch them at all.
they charge like wounded bulls if you want to improve and quite often that is also knocked back after they take their fees of course.
i thought it was shameful to be feigning being poor to take what little extra the pensioners were allowed.
give with one hand and taking it back with another.

I think the aged pension was a privilege given to many by the previous governments. Super was introduced 30 odd years ago at 1 per cent, Our children won't have this they have to contribute towards their old age early in their working life. The UK and many countries overseas have had a Super/Pension scheme for 65 years. The government needs to look at Politicians salary/pension. Why can't they put aside huge amounts towards their salary like everyone else does. DO THEY NEED A POLITICIAN'S PENSION?? Also a closer look at the A..ho..s that cheat the system don't work for years, single mothers that believe we should support them and their many children.
The aged pension was not a privilege given by previous governments. When it was introduced there was a levy added to tax as your contribution to aged pension. Somewhere along the years this has been moved to general revenue & now, even though that levy has never been removed so presumably everyone is still paying it, the govt says they don't have the funds to support us in our old age.

my gas bill has now equaled my electricity bill, (gas has increased %300 ). I can understand why younger folk prefer the dole...its just not worth working to end up broke, when we can import workers from overseas and they can send the money back home