Man spends $37,000 to build his dream UNDERGROUND BAR — here’s a sneak peek of his glamorous private pub

Man spends $37,000 to build his dream UNDERGROUND BAR — here’s a sneak peek of his glamorous private pub
A 41-year-old man's creative idea to transform his back garden into an underground bar has cost him $37,000.

Jody Wainright and his family were completing their self-build home when he decided that he wanted to step up his house game by building an underground bar using the leftover materials.

VZJkaUbXlcp98PrzRri35i0smtRV7UGhNzoL29GUnfYhqdmQHi5R6_DOCXrpPRpPLEv7taFJJFQBam4zfzi-CSvJfmERbUsK8AGT8saOraYZTPqQzggfMuza3BOdjLw2vmVPScI

Jody Wainright, 41, decided to build a glamorous underground bar using leftover materials from his new home’s construction. Credit: Caters.

The dad-of-two said that the idea came to him because he wanted to save space in the garden, noting also that he had not seen anything like it before.

Mr Wainright said: “I thought a bunker bar would be something different to the typical bars people usually build in their gardens.”

“It’s something outside the box and also has the wow factor because it’s not something you see all the time.

“After originally joking with the builder I wanted an underground bar, one week later they started digging out the hole in the ground."

“My favourite thing about the bar is that no one knows it’s there. It’s got a shed above it so it’s well disguised."

vA7LjidaGyMph2cAOfdZcgPz57qN7TjzGSQliD8YgWmlPpzATBZdU-B28Y_J9E2S-YiCqwoeMF_or1UtEmHmqP7mFtLbXQDBpsZkOw3ZcbJA4_3mmGnpo7vla3Iy7vw7Zj-fsz0

Mr Wainright said that he spent a total of $37,000 to turn his dream bar into a reality. Credit: Caters.

oEey0P-u6vsHoVKf9mlCMyQ3FehVeAPjU9jgQrI_BMh6PUVr5AXpikur26klBS4Q5igeFNgecP_m5Y8SgQ3323AN1XkYDarIR3NT1F8mAbxufN1VvxjFM3so9eOZ17dfJflKVEQ

The dad-of-two said that he initially just joked to the builders that he wanted an underground bar, but the team dug out a hole one week later. Credit: Caters.

Mr Wainright revealed that the most challenging part of the construction is weatherproofing and keeping the water out of the top of the bunker.

“The structure was completed in around six weeks and we spent around $37,000 on the materials for the bunker.”

While his wife is not a fan of the amount of time he spends down in the underground bar watching football, Jody said that his family adores the stylish underground pub just as much as he does.

And yes, you read that right! The underground bar also doubles up as a cinema room where Jody and his family can watch films on a wide-screen television.

Additionally, Jody also occasionally uses a screen that drops down from the ceiling for watching sports.

“It was great to have a lovely space we could appreciate and enjoy as a family,” he said, remarking that the bar has been "a godsend" during the Covid lockdowns since last year.

“My kids love the bar. They’re always down there having parties with their friends or watching movies."

“My wife enjoys it too, although I’m not sure she enjoys how often I am down there watching football."

“When we have people over they are blown away by the bunker when they see it. It’s not every day you get to go into an underground bar.”

The subterranean pub features a seating area in the corner where a couple of sofas can be found, a bar with draft lager and cider, and a table in the middle.

dxezx3t7z6oZbN2fk0NA6fGagwrqmGVzYNtJsBHX6Z8WJK9h8i_CSL8AG-Wsh2hjPp3HMrflH9f_SWgU4GcsbdWzr_0mTCjnIv-5gvCdcSggDbjOIQnG4wME8cfiTJyWZF5FPNE

The private pub features a seating area, a bar, and a table in the middle. Credit: Caters.

“It’s quite glamorously decorated and I also have a few bits of sports memorabilia on display too," the 41-year-old said.

“It’s great for us when we have friends around because you can have the music on louder because people can’t hear it as we are underground."

“So we can’t upset the neighbours which is always a plus.”

Reactions: Gdoubleya1
Sponsored
A 41-year-old man's creative idea to transform his back garden into an underground bar has cost him $37,000.

Jody Wainright and his family were completing their self-build home when he decided that he wanted to step up his house game by building an underground bar using the leftover materials.

VZJkaUbXlcp98PrzRri35i0smtRV7UGhNzoL29GUnfYhqdmQHi5R6_DOCXrpPRpPLEv7taFJJFQBam4zfzi-CSvJfmERbUsK8AGT8saOraYZTPqQzggfMuza3BOdjLw2vmVPScI

Jody Wainright, 41, decided to build a glamorous underground bar using leftover materials from his new home’s construction. Credit: Caters.

The dad-of-two said that the idea came to him because he wanted to save space in the garden, noting also that he had not seen anything like it before.

Mr Wainright said: “I thought a bunker bar would be something different to the typical bars people usually build in their gardens.”

“It’s something outside the box and also has the wow factor because it’s not something you see all the time.

“After originally joking with the builder I wanted an underground bar, one week later they started digging out the hole in the ground."

“My favourite thing about the bar is that no one knows it’s there. It’s got a shed above it so it’s well disguised."

vA7LjidaGyMph2cAOfdZcgPz57qN7TjzGSQliD8YgWmlPpzATBZdU-B28Y_J9E2S-YiCqwoeMF_or1UtEmHmqP7mFtLbXQDBpsZkOw3ZcbJA4_3mmGnpo7vla3Iy7vw7Zj-fsz0

Mr Wainright said that he spent a total of $37,000 to turn his dream bar into a reality. Credit: Caters.

oEey0P-u6vsHoVKf9mlCMyQ3FehVeAPjU9jgQrI_BMh6PUVr5AXpikur26klBS4Q5igeFNgecP_m5Y8SgQ3323AN1XkYDarIR3NT1F8mAbxufN1VvxjFM3so9eOZ17dfJflKVEQ

The dad-of-two said that he initially just joked to the builders that he wanted an underground bar, but the team dug out a hole one week later. Credit: Caters.

Mr Wainright revealed that the most challenging part of the construction is weatherproofing and keeping the water out of the top of the bunker.

“The structure was completed in around six weeks and we spent around $37,000 on the materials for the bunker.”

While his wife is not a fan of the amount of time he spends down in the underground bar watching football, Jody said that his family adores the stylish underground pub just as much as he does.

And yes, you read that right! The underground bar also doubles up as a cinema room where Jody and his family can watch films on a wide-screen television.

Additionally, Jody also occasionally uses a screen that drops down from the ceiling for watching sports.

“It was great to have a lovely space we could appreciate and enjoy as a family,” he said, remarking that the bar has been "a godsend" during the Covid lockdowns since last year.

“My kids love the bar. They’re always down there having parties with their friends or watching movies."

“My wife enjoys it too, although I’m not sure she enjoys how often I am down there watching football."

“When we have people over they are blown away by the bunker when they see it. It’s not every day you get to go into an underground bar.”

The subterranean pub features a seating area in the corner where a couple of sofas can be found, a bar with draft lager and cider, and a table in the middle.

dxezx3t7z6oZbN2fk0NA6fGagwrqmGVzYNtJsBHX6Z8WJK9h8i_CSL8AG-Wsh2hjPp3HMrflH9f_SWgU4GcsbdWzr_0mTCjnIv-5gvCdcSggDbjOIQnG4wME8cfiTJyWZF5FPNE

The private pub features a seating area, a bar, and a table in the middle. Credit: Caters.

“It’s quite glamorously decorated and I also have a few bits of sports memorabilia on display too," the 41-year-old said.

“It’s great for us when we have friends around because you can have the music on louder because people can’t hear it as we are underground."

Love this!

"This article was originally published by The Sun and WAS NOT reproduced with permission

I spent £20,000 transforming my back garden… my wife is FURIOUS but it hides the best secret​

Jody Wainright, 41, from Wakefield, West Yorks, says his family love the stylish underground pub just as much as he does. He built it in 2019, before Covid hit."

Watch the video and story here https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17024091/

I"ve had a friend bury 2 connected Shipping containers underground and turn into the same bunker family retreat, in a suburban suburb, some 30 years ago,
So the idea and concept is not new!!