Make your perfumes last longer using this one household product!

Night out with friends? Dinner and drinks with a loved one? Lazing on the couch with snacks and some quality TV? There is really never a bad time to don your favourite perfume.

Who doesn’t want to subtly announce their arrival when they walk into a room? We bet everyone here even has their own go-to signature scent when they want to feel good about themselves!

However, it can be quite a bummer when your scent wears off quickly. Sometimes they disappear after an hour or two, forcing you to reapply in the middle of the day. And with each extra spray comes a few extra bucks down the drain. Perfume is not cheap!

But with a little help from an everyday household product, you’ll be smelling like royalty for as long as you need!

Enter, Vaseline.

sdBOqJJs1TK3NINIHaw9xXotVEU8KoqCcugXn7MQU59zxqtHHhn5BCVG1m5zTD4edwBdClJ7XsgE6DN-bVA6OqFNoTSvDjeNvbsNM51DoSfqaWC6qxrPxZCApG5UujrnD6G-tAYW

Mae uses Vaseline to make her perfume last longer. Credit: TikTok/@maeganbaez.

Every household probably has a tub or stick of Vaseline, or petroleum jelly, sitting in their bathroom closet. Aside from moisturising skin, preventing chapped lips, and soothing sore feet, Vaseline can make your perfume last longer too!

Sharing on TikTok, one woman showed how she applies Vaseline on her neck and wrists before spraying her perfume.

“Put Vaseline on before going out and right before putting perfume on because it lasts longer,” said Mae, who used Vaseline stick on her neck and wrists.

Apparently, Vaseline keeps your skin hydrated and well-moisturised, helping it release oils that hold the fragrance for longer.

Another tip is to spray on pulse points, like the insides of your wrists and elbows, behind your ears, and on your neck, because they emit more body warmth.

However, we advise not to rub your wrists together because it makes the scent burn off a little quicker.

What’s your signature scent? And do you have more fragrance tips? We would love to hear about them in the comments!
For a couple more tips when it comes to using your favourite perfume, check out the video below!

Credit: Mixed Makeup.

Sponsored

Night out with friends? Dinner and drinks with a loved one? Lazing on the couch with snacks and some quality TV? There is really never a bad time to don your favourite perfume.

Who doesn’t want to subtly announce their arrival when they walk into a room? We bet everyone here even has their own go-to signature scent when they want to feel good about themselves!

However, it can be quite a bummer when your scent wears off quickly. Sometimes they disappear after an hour or two, forcing you to reapply in the middle of the day. And with each extra spray comes a few extra bucks down the drain. Perfume is not cheap!

But with a little help from an everyday household product, you’ll be smelling like royalty for as long as you need!

Enter, Vaseline.

sdBOqJJs1TK3NINIHaw9xXotVEU8KoqCcugXn7MQU59zxqtHHhn5BCVG1m5zTD4edwBdClJ7XsgE6DN-bVA6OqFNoTSvDjeNvbsNM51DoSfqaWC6qxrPxZCApG5UujrnD6G-tAYW

Every household probably has a tub or stick of Vaseline, or petroleum jelly, sitting in their bathroom closet. Aside from moisturising skin, preventing chapped lips, and soothing sore feet, Vaseline can make your perfume last longer too!

Sharing on TikTok, one woman showed how she applies Vaseline on her neck and wrists before spraying her perfume.

“Put Vaseline on before going out and right before putting perfume on because it lasts longer,” said Mae, who used Vaseline stick on her neck and wrists.

Apparently, Vaseline keeps your skin hydrated and well-moisturised, helping it release oils that hold the fragrance for longer.

Another tip is to spray on pulse points, like the insides of your wrists and elbows, behind your ears, and on your neck, because they emit more body warmth.

However, we advise not to rub your wrists together because it makes the scent burn off a little quicker.

What’s your signature scent? And do you have more fragrance tips? We would love to hear about them in the comments!
For a couple more tips when it comes to using your favourite perfume, check out the video below!

As long as it doesn't get on your outfit as not easy to get off some materials, could end up costing far more that more perfume.

As long as it doesn't get on your outfit as not easy to get off some materials, could end up costing far more that more perfume.
For any grease spots or something like Vaseline etc., I use talcum powder, sprinkle on, leave for a few minutes and brush off, garment usually then doesn’t need washing and you can continue on your way out. Also TC is great for ants coming in the door or in your cupboards, sprinkle some around and the ants will be gone, they hate it and your cupboards smell nice too.

Reactions: Ricci
My mother always wore lipstick and perfume, everyday whether she left the house or not, I followed her example but swapped the lipstick for mascara, As far as where to spray the perfume I have always used it in my hair either directly or on my hair brush, also on my clothes in an area that is not easily seen so not to be a concern with any possible stains, I do not spray directly on my skin as it is often oily and quite acidic so will destroy the true smell of the perfume. I never leave the house without perfume it is a lifelong habit, I admit mascara is not as often used anymore, since hitting 60yrs I finally grew tired of the black rings around my eyes in the morning.

For any grease spots or something like Vaseline etc., I use talcum powder, sprinkle on, leave for a few minutes and brush off, garment usually then doesn’t need washing and you can continue on your way out. Also TC is great for ants coming in the door or in your cupboards, sprinkle some around and the ants will be gone, they hate it and your cupboards smell nice too.
Not if you are wearing dark colours, talc is out.

Reactions: Gaena and Ricci

Enter, Vaseline.

I spray perfume on either a cotton wool ball or makeup rounds (purchase them at Aldi's) spray the perfume on to either and place inside your bra. Another tip is to spray your clothes all over with perfume. One last tip is to spray perfume behind your knees, this is another pulse spot. Never rub the perfume together as this bruises the perfume.

I am a perfume addict, I just love it. I have over 50 bottles of perfume. Almost 1 for every week of the year.

My signature perfume is Angel by Thierry Mugler. It is simply divine!

Reactions: Ricci