I remember sitting fishing on South mole island resorts jetty a few years back and an American guy came up and looked at the two freshly caught barracuda behind me.

What type of fish are you fishing for? he asked. Considering the two large fish behind me and well yeah being a bit of a larrikin, I said I'm after Cray fish at the moment. How do you catch them he asked.

I was feeling in a very jovial mood, so I said 'I've put a bed of lettuce on a metal plate connected by a jag hook, I've smothered the lettuce in mayonnaise.

I figure if i wait long enough a cray fish is bound to come and lay down in it. Have you caught many he said. No, I said shaking my head, you're the first.

Oh, he said, well good luck. Thanks mate I said in acknowledgement, and he wandered off.

Yes, I know I know, it was cruel... and rather naughty of me,

I did wonder though, if he ever tried it.

LOL :)

Last edited:

Join the conversation

News, deals, games, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else
  • We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×