Let's make cheese

Hi all, attaching my cheesemaking handout, for the easiest ricotta ever. When we have clean seawater, we use 2 cups seawater (or make your own) and 2 cups full cream milk. NOTE: Only Works With Full Cream Milk, skim will turn out dry and tasteless. Milk powder is best as the cream content is stable and regulated under law.

Lotsa fun!

Attachments

• ricotta.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored
Hi all, attaching my cheesemaking handout, for the easiest ricotta ever. When we have clean seawater, we use 2 cups seawater (or make your own) and 2 cups full cream milk. NOTE: Only Works With Full Cream Milk, skim will turn out dry and tasteless. Milk powder is best as the cream content is stable and regulated under law.

Lotsa fun!
Wooooow! This is very informative. I want to try doing this with my brother! Sounds like a fun bonding activity :D

Onc
Wooooow! This is very informative. I want to try doing this with my brother! Sounds like a fun bonding activity :D
Once you've made the easy stuff, you may like to look up some online recipes. I have even made brie and camembert at home, which happens to be a 39 foot yacht. I use a plastic container as a "cheese safe" and put my maturing cheese in one end and a clean, slightly damp chux in the other. You also don't need to buy expensive moulds: go on eBay and buy a mould for tofu, or make your own by drilling lots of tiny holes in base and 4 sides of 1-2 cup plastic container, preferably one with a ridge around the bottom to keep the mould up off the surface.