SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Latest Age Pension Increase Kicks in September 20

Good morning!

As we've mentioned in the past, from 20 September 2022 the maximum full Age Pension increases $38.90 per fortnight for a single person, and $29.40 per person per fortnight for a couple.

You can read the full story here.

I've created this post as a place to share any information with one another, or simply vent.

There were some great comments on the original story and I've included a few standouts below.

@Leeta069: '$38.90.....might cover my bread and milk for two weeks....yippee!!!'

@Lizzy: 'Real work on inflation needs to be done, can't just keep increasing payments to each and all. Only adds to the merry go round. Wages up, prices up. Need action on a solution.'

@Lynette Finnigan: 'I don't know about others, but now on aged pension, I can worry less about money than when I was working. Juggling bills and mortgage and trying to ensure my kids had everything they needed, I rarely bought myself anything, now I have more clothes and shoes, go out to dinner regularly, no sporting, school, etc fees.. just hubbie and I to consider.'

So, how are we feeling, members?

I am grateful for my pension and appreciate the raise, it will help no end. I try to not complain about money and having spent all my life living to a very strict budget probably find it easier to do than some. I've had to modify my diet of late (who pays $9 for a cabbage or tomatoes?) but that's a small inconvenience. Life is good, the sun is shining, the dogs are asleep at my feet and I have a great community at SDC to interact with every day. My glass is more than half full!!:)

When I look around me I am indeed very lucky I am 77 and I have all my needs provided for am in still relatively good health, I do have some issues but they pale into insignificance when I perceive the struggles of others so yes I am grateful for the wonderful gift of each day and also grateful for the additional funds from the pension and I am grateful for this wonderful newsletter each day thank you all?

I am very grateful for the pension- no partner and in global times like these - Im so fortunate I live in this beautiful country. I made the decision to leave my homeland and come here for a better future for my children 35 years ago and it was absolutely the best decision I ever made.
If I was still back home I would have nothing from the government and most of my friends have left too.

Happy to accept any little increase. It all helps to improve the quality of life. Still can't afford meat, eggs or most vegies. But life is good and I just keep walking to keep as fit as an 80 yeaqr old can be. Better off than many others.

I am happy for any increase be it large or small. I am thankful for the Aged Pension to survive. Every little bit helps to drive the rain away, I would say!! Yes, groceries bills have gone up a smidgen. even though now, just feeding for one!! I just recently lost my husband and hardly go out at the moment. I would go walking in the mall or just window shopping for now. and just buy the essentials. It is difficult venturing out without my soulmate at the moment.

We need to adopt the NZ pension scheme where you receive the pension then are allowed to continue working with no loss to your pension. The tax you pay while working nearly offsets the pension and this is one way of solving the chronic labour shortage without importing more bodies to find housing for.

I am happy for any increase be it large or small. I am thankful for the Aged Pension to survive. Every little bit helps to drive the rain away, I would say!! Yes, groceries bills have gone up a smidgen. even though now, just feeding for one!! I just recently lost my husband and hardly go out at the moment. I would go walking in the mall or just window shopping for now. and just buy the essentials. It is difficult venturing out without my soulmate at the moment.
Sending you love and strength:love:

When you feel ready try joining a local Probus club or something similar- it has helped me to find friends in a new city - give yourself time x

I am very grateful for the pension- no partner and in global times like these - Im so fortunate I live in this beautiful country. I made the decision to leave my homeland and come here for a better future for my children 35 years ago and it was absolutely the best decision I ever made.
If I was still back home I would have nothing from the government and most of my friends have left too.
homeland is where? mine is the UK

I am grateful for my pension and appreciate the raise, it will help no end. I try to not complain about money and having spent all my life living to a very strict budget probably find it easier to do than some. I've had to modify my diet of late (who pays $9 for a cabbage or tomatoes?) but that's a small inconvenience. Life is good, the sun is shining, the dogs are asleep at my feet and I have a great community at SDC to interact with every day. My glass is more than half full!!:)
Amen Ricci! It’s good to see someone with a great attitude, and a sunny disposition! Keep up the great work, and have a great weekend. Love your common sense comments! 💕😁🌞