Good morning!

As we've mentioned in the past, from 20 September 2022 the maximum full Age Pension increases $38.90 per fortnight for a single person, and $29.40 per person per fortnight for a couple.

You can read the full story here.

I've created this post as a place to share any information with one another, or simply vent.

There were some great comments on the original story and I've included a few standouts below.

@Leeta069: '$38.90.....might cover my bread and milk for two weeks....yippee!!!'

@Lizzy: 'Real work on inflation needs to be done, can't just keep increasing payments to each and all. Only adds to the merry go round. Wages up, prices up. Need action on a solution.'

@Lynette Finnigan: 'I don't know about others, but now on aged pension, I can worry less about money than when I was working. Juggling bills and mortgage and trying to ensure my kids had everything they needed, I rarely bought myself anything, now I have more clothes and shoes, go out to dinner regularly, no sporting, school, etc fees.. just hubbie and I to consider.'

So, how are we feeling, members?
I would have to agree Lynette, I'm not working my butt off and getting an aged pension and enjoying life BUT I do worry about some out there doin it tough.

Reactions: Loren and Ricci
I am also grateful for the government of the day to acknowledge pensioners with a pay rise, as this is all I have to live by. Living with family I couldn't survive otherwise. I am grateful for family support.

Since retiring, and being debt free, my wife and I are better off than we've ever been. While every little bit helps, it barely covers the increased cost of living. Insurance for health,car and home , council rates, car registration increase annually. Whats given with one hand is take by the other.

This is all well and good as I might go out for dinner. The sad part is that I go by myself as I have no female friend. Enjoy
At least you can afford to go out for a dinner, since there are many who can't. But there are lots of groups who welcome folks like us, single and without partners, since friends can be just as enjoyable, and there is no shortage of gatherings around, you only have to look.

Since retiring, and being debt free, my wife and I are better off than we've ever been. While every little bit helps, it barely covers the increased cost of living. Insurance for health,car and home , council rates, car registration increase annually. Whats given with one hand is take by the other.
Yes, I agree, much better off since retiring, when I consider what it was like for my parents on retirement. Not exactly able to splash out too often, but to go out for an evening meal once every 2 to 3 weeks aint all bad!

I am grateful for my pension and appreciate the raise, it will help no end. I try to not complain about money and having spent all my life living to a very strict budget probably find it easier to do than some. I've had to modify my diet of late (who pays $9 for a cabbage or tomatoes?) but that's a small inconvenience. Life is good, the sun is shining, the dogs are asleep at my feet and I have a great community at SDC to interact with every day. My glass is more than half full!!:)
I totally agree I’m grateful for any assistance. But some people will never be happy. Soon as the prices went up on vegetables etc I put in a garden bed and are already eating of our produce. This also helps both mentally and physically, I’m loving watching my garden grow.

Good morning!

As we've mentioned in the past, from 20 September 2022 the maximum full Age Pension increases $38.90 per fortnight for a single person, and $29.40 per person per fortnight for a couple.

I've created this post as a place to share any information with one another, or simply vent.

There were some great comments on the original story and I've included a few standouts below.

@Leeta069: '$38.90.....might cover my bread and milk for two weeks....yippee!!!'

@Lizzy: 'Real work on inflation needs to be done, can't just keep increasing payments to each and all. Only adds to the merry go round. Wages up, prices up. Need action on a solution.'

@Lynette Finnigan: 'I don't know about others, but now on aged pension, I can worry less about money than when I was working. Juggling bills and mortgage and trying to ensure my kids had everything they needed, I rarely bought myself anything, now I have more clothes and shoes, go out to dinner regularly, no sporting, school, etc fees.. just hubbie and I to consider.'

Agree completely, the majority of people complaining about the alleged paltry rise in the pension were very happy taking expensive overseas travel, buying the latest gadgets and unlimited dinners, alcohol and thinking that cigarette smoking was ok. I do not include people who have gone through a separation from a dishonest partner as the majority fond themselves in a difficult economic situation through no fault of their own. Would strongly suggest that people who own their own homes and live within their means are living quite comfortably on the current pension.

Good morning!

Reactions: Chrissyboy27
Good morning!

Grateful - but unhappy about the number of pensioners who qualify for this when they are wealthy..

Reactions: Ricci
I think this is a big help to many but I also think there are many wealthy people collecting the pension.
Yes, this seems rather unfair. The pension should be there as a support to those who, now retired, need a little financial support, not for pocket money to the well off.

Reactions: Ricci
Pension don't get me started, I will get around a whole $2.50 increase.. I get less Australian pension because I get a part UK pension. The Australian Goverment look for any way of paying a pensioner less if they can. I worked here in Australia for 35 plus years so should get a full pension. My UK pension is frozen at Dec 1979 prices, so its not alot. If a person can work and still get the pension, then the same should apply to a person getting a part pension from some other country. Rant over, and I know it will not do me any good.

Reactions: Loren and Ricci