Kmart's $15 travel solution has people talking — what’s the fuss about?

Don’t you hate it when you have to repack your entire suitcase just because your clothes won’t fit?

Or when no matter what you do, you always end up opening your luggage to find that everything is not where it should be?

Well, we can relate — and luckily, Kmart has come to the rescue!

Bargain hunter Islah Palmer took to TikTok recently to showcase the $15 seven-piece packing cube set from Kmart which can help with all your packing needs when it comes to travelling.

She shared the item in a post highlighting her recommendations for Kmart items to take while out and about.

‘This one’s so good, it even has a little shoe bag,’ she gushed about the organising aid.

According to Kmart, the 7 small travel bags are made of polyester material. Each of the bags is recommended for use on specific items, such as clothes, bottoms, toiletries, skincare, electronics, and, as Islah mentioned, shoes!

08254a62-475d-4bc6-ab90-0b61a26c1d0a.png
Kmart’s $15 7-Piece Travel Cube set comes with different cubes for different items. Image Credit: Kmart

It’s also apparently made of antimicrobial and odour-resistant material, so if you’re the type who hates smelly anything while travelling, these cubes are for you!

Islah said she has used the travel cubes before in trips, and that they are ‘a complete gamechanger’.

‘I can fit so much more in my luggage now and feel so organised,’ she added, stressing that while the cubes have made putting things inside hassle-free, it’s also done wonders for unpacking as well.

‘Packing cubes have been trending for a while and with travel being so common again, as well as how much everyone loves to be organised, it makes perfect sense.’

Now, if you’re turned off by the $15 price tag, we don’t blame you. After all, taking time and effort to organise our belongings is free.

But it might interest you to know that Kmart also has three-cube variants that retail for less!

The Blush and Black 3-Piece Packing Cubes are both priced at $8.00, while the Pink variant is sold for $10.00.

All of the 3-piece packing cubes are made out of polyester and have the same ‘antimicrobial’ and odour-resistant properties that their 7-piece counterpart has. The Pink variant comes with a handle (we’re not sure if that’s why it costs $2.00 more than the Blush and Black though…).

They don’t come with any specific uses, and the three cubes are simply labelled as small, medium, and large.

5a02967e-1bca-487a-bc75-7387ae32ef98.png
Kmart also has a 3-piece travel cube variant. Image Credit: Kmart

TikTok account The Monochrome Home, run by a woman named Taylah, couldn’t help but be amazed over the more affordable option to the 7-Piece Packing Cubes in one post!

‘It goes in three sizes… and it’s great for categorising and maximising space in your suitcase,’ she said.

‘They come in a mesh design so you can see your clothes easily.’

Many users found the packing cubes convenient, and they took to the comments section to express themselves.

‘I need the packing cubes,’ one said.

‘This would’ve been great a month ago,’ another added, apparently having been on a recent trip.

Does anyone else have an odd itch to clean and organise… Kidding!

But what do the reviews say?

The lone review left on the 7-Piece Packing Cube, which gives it 4 stars out of 5 says: ‘For the price, the quality is decent. (It has a) bigger zip and (is) better than the cheaper 3-pack.’

The Blush and Black 3-Piece Packing Cubes meanwhile are rated 4.5 and 4.9 stars out of 5, respectively.

Most of the reviews giving the products a full rating praised them for doing exactly what they were meant to.

‘I purchased 2 sets of these and all my clothes for an 11-day trip packed easily into them. Items didn't become jumbled as they usually did, making life on the road more relaxed,’ one review read.

‘Great value for money and a must-have for travelling,’ another added.

Source: TikTok/@Islah

Some people thought the 3-piece cubes would have been better with uniform sizing.

‘The Large Packing Cubes are the ones I needed to store "fitted tablecloths" in. They are perfect for this,’ one reviewer said. ‘But (I) had to buy the set of Small, Medium and Large... (I) currently don't have a use for the Medium and Small ones [but no doubt will eventually].’

Another just felt like the material was flimsy.

‘Poor quality, ripped apart when I was unpacking them,’ they said.

Key Takeaways
  • A $15 Kmart packing cube set is trending on social media with travellers raving about how handy it is when it comes to packing.
  • The 7-piece set includes a packing cube for underwear, a skincare bag, and one for toiletries and electronics.
  • Kmart also has a more affordable 3-piece variant which comes in Blush, Black, and Pink types.
  • Generally the travel cubes are rated well, with many praising how convenient the packing cubes are for travel.
  • However, some low reviews say it would have been better if the 3-piece variant came in equal sizes and that the travel cubes can rip easily.
If you’re not sold on these travel solutions from Kmart, you might want to check out another TikTok recommendation that has eight cubes you can use!

And just because having more options is never a bad thing, BIG W also has a 3-piece variant that sells for $29.

On the topic of travel, many Aussies have reportedly cut their budgets for travel this year as cost-of-living woes continue unabated. However, one destination seems to be all the rage right now, at least for those with money to spare…

So, members: are you impressed by Kmart’s packing cubes? Or maybe you have your own hacks you could share to make packing less stressful?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Source: TikTok/@themonochromehome

Sponsored
Had mine for years and put a piece of paper with whatever's in them easy to sort out at the other end

Reactions: Liz
Don’t you hate it when you have to repack your entire suitcase just because your clothes won’t fit?

Or when no matter what you do, you always end up opening your luggage to find that everything is not where it should be?

Bargain hunter Islah Palmer took to TikTok recently to showcase the $15 seven-piece packing cube set from Kmart which can help with all your packing needs when it comes to travelling.

She shared the item in a post highlighting her recommendations for Kmart items to take while out and about.

‘This one’s so good, it even has a little shoe bag,’ she gushed about the organising aid.

According to Kmart, the 7 small travel bags are made of polyester material. Each of the bags is recommended for use on specific items, such as clothes, bottoms, toiletries, skincare, electronics, and, as Islah mentioned, shoes!

View attachment 13742
Kmart’s $15 7-Piece Travel Cube set comes with different cubes for different items. Image Credit: Kmart

It’s also apparently made of antimicrobial and odour-resistant material, so if you’re the type who hates smelly anything while travelling, these cubes are for you!

Islah said she has used the travel cubes before in trips, and that they are ‘a complete gamechanger’.

‘I can fit so much more in my luggage now and feel so organised,’ she added, stressing that while the cubes have made putting things inside hassle-free, it’s also done wonders for unpacking as well.

‘Packing cubes have been trending for a while and with travel being so common again, as well as how much everyone loves to be organised, it makes perfect sense.’

Now, if you’re turned off by the $15 price tag, we don’t blame you. After all, taking time and effort to organise our belongings is free.

But it might interest you to know that Kmart also has three-cube variants that retail for less!

The Blush and Black 3-Piece Packing Cubes are both priced at $8.00, while the Pink variant is sold for $10.00.

All of the 3-piece packing cubes are made out of polyester and have the same ‘antimicrobial’ and odour-resistant properties that their 7-piece counterpart has. The Pink variant comes with a handle (we’re not sure if that’s why it costs $2.00 more than the Blush and Black though…).

They don’t come with any specific uses, and the three cubes are simply labelled as small, medium, and large.

View attachment 13743

TikTok account The Monochrome Home, run by a woman named Taylah, couldn’t help but be amazed over the more affordable option to the 7-Piece Packing Cubes in one post!

‘It goes in three sizes… and it’s great for categorising and maximising space in your suitcase,’ she said.

Many users found the packing cubes convenient, and they took to the comments section to express themselves.

‘This would’ve been great a month ago,’ another added, apparently having been on a recent trip.

The lone review left on the 7-Piece Packing Cube, which gives it 4 stars out of 5 says: ‘For the price, the quality is decent. (It has a) bigger zip and (is) better than the cheaper 3-pack.’

The Blush and Black 3-Piece Packing Cubes meanwhile are rated 4.5 and 4.9 stars out of 5, respectively.

Most of the reviews giving the products a full rating praised them for doing exactly what they were meant to.

‘I purchased 2 sets of these and all my clothes for an 11-day trip packed easily into them. Items didn't become jumbled as they usually did, making life on the road more relaxed,’ one review read.

Some people thought the 3-piece cubes would have been better with uniform sizing.

‘The Large Packing Cubes are the ones I needed to store "fitted tablecloths" in. They are perfect for this,’ one reviewer said. ‘But (I) had to buy the set of Small, Medium and Large... (I) currently don't have a use for the Medium and Small ones [but no doubt will eventually].’

Key Takeaways

• A $15 Kmart packing cube set is trending on social media with travellers raving about how handy it is when it comes to packing.
  • The 7-piece set includes a packing cube for underwear, a skincare bag, and one for toiletries and electronics.
  • Kmart also has a more affordable 3-piece variant which comes in Blush, Black, and Pink types.
  • Generally the travel cubes are rated well, with many praising how convenient the packing cubes are for travel.
  • However, some low reviews say it would have been better if the 3-piece variant came in equal sizes and that the travel cubes can rip easily.
If you’re not sold on these travel solutions from Kmart, you might want to check out another TikTok recommendation that has eight cubes you can use!

And just because having more options is never a bad thing, BIG W also has a 3-piece variant that sells for $29.

On the topic of travel, many Aussies have reportedly cut their budgets for travel this year as cost-of-living woes continue unabated. However, one destination seems to be all the rage right now, at least for those with money to spare…

So, members: are you impressed by Kmart’s packing cubes? Or maybe you have your own hacks you could share to make packing less stressful?

I purchased 2 of the 3 packing cubes as I feel the sizes are better. Packed everything I need for a 7 week trip in 5 of them. Very happy

Just carefully roll your items and they will take up much less room in your case. Lay Suits and Jackets on top & fit wrapped Footwear by the bottom wheels end of your case.

Reactions: Rainy

View attachment 13742

View attachment 13743

Key Takeaways

Sorry but I will play word police today. Until the plandemic I have never heard of a retail product colour or size difference being referred to as a 'variant' . Another insidious way for us to be groomed to accept future versions of the next lab experiment? The other word on my warning books is 'Hack' . It has unnecessay connotations of criminal activity and violence. There is too much of that in this world already. There has to be a better word.

Reactions: RodRod

View attachment 13742

View attachment 13743

Key Takeaways

Had 2 sets of cases like these from IKEA, bought many years ago - 1 red, 1 blue - I haven’t used them a lot because we don’t travel a lot. We mark what’s in each on paper & put that visible in each case. They’re good but I prefer to fold & pack tightly. Yes shoes should go down the wheel end so their weight doesn’t push down & crush the clothes. Always pack as many non-iron clothes as you can.