Kmart's '10-cent' charcuterie boards send shoppers into a frenzy - here's why you should be on the lookout for the next clearance sale!

We love clearance sales! They are the perfect opportunity to snag great deals on items that we may have been eyeing for a while. Plus, who doesn't love finding a hidden gem in the clearance aisle?

There are clearance sales on everything from clothes to home decor, but we especially love finding clearance deals on common household items. Things like paper towels, dish soap, and laundry detergent can be expensive, so finding them on clearance is a real score.

Sometimes, items are priced so low that it seems like they're being given away. We're not complaining though! We'll take all the cheap deals we can get.

Speaking of items almost being given for free to customers, did you know that a recent Kmart clearance sale has sent shoppers into a frenzy after the retailer reduced the price of its wooden serving boards from $20 to only 10 cents?

You read that right, folks! It's basically offered at a 99.5 per cent discount.

However, there's a catch — the offer appeared to be store-specific, with customers at Perth's Baldivis store being some of the luckiest Kmart fans to experience the massive sale.

Sharing a photo of the clearance item on a popular Facebook group, one shopper claimed that they managed to nab several units of the product.

TQFMJkceTM3vhaoC46SkeD7g0_ZKItjO2fRSrMcoinjpdwizoDf7Ism5SX_qYzJYWLsVrAJRY2M9yLsCwefKcEzk5IdwpEZXIYgiX3D8E4PBPeDjI8U1bl5dFKaESFL9YgcAnnFWNPr_npsqVcVDWOcdOqw5wH6R9iJv6evlQEVmLeN5aNdwGLn3

The wooden serving boards were almost being given away for free because of their 99.5 per cent slashed price. Credit: Facebook.

Group members were quick to jump on the hype, with many saying that they would not think twice about purchasing them if the store was nearby.

One person exclaimed: 'Amazing, I will grab ten!'

Others asked for clarification if it was actually being sold for 10 cents.

One comment read: 'Oh no, someone is getting fired. Surely this is a huge mistake,' one person wrote.

'Surely it is supposed to say $10,' another pointed out.

Others were disappointed, claiming it would be 'impossible' for them to get their hands on any of the 'super-cheap' boards.

One user complained: 'They would be all gone now, for ten cents.'

'I would love this for a craft project but I don't know anyone who lives near that store,' another said.

A third chimed in: 'Why does my Kmart never have sales like this.'

However, one woman gave them hope by mentioning that she got a good deal on the board in a NSW store.

'My husband got me one from the Figtree store,' she shared.

For those of you who are curious if the product is available online, unfortunately, they are no longer on display on the Kmart website.

We should always be on the lookout for clearance sales to score quality items for a cheap price. After all, we want to save money, especially now that prices are skyrocketing.

So, the next time you see a clearance sale, be sure to check it out! You may just find some amazing deals. We recommend checking out the Money Saving Hacks section of the SDC website to stay on top of the latest deals! Also, sharing with you this article about how Kmart usually does markdowns every week.

Sponsored
We love clearance sales! They are the perfect opportunity to snag great deals on items that we may have been eyeing for a while. Plus, who doesn't love finding a hidden gem in the clearance aisle?

There are clearance sales on everything from clothes to home decor, but we especially love finding clearance deals on common household items. Things like paper towels, dish soap, and laundry detergent can be expensive, so finding them on clearance is a real score.

Sometimes, items are priced so low that it seems like they're being given away. We're not complaining though! We'll take all the cheap deals we can get.

Speaking of items almost being given for free to customers, did you know that a recent Kmart clearance sale has sent shoppers into a frenzy after the retailer reduced the price of its wooden serving boards from $20 to only 10 cents?

You read that right, folks! It's basically offered at a 99.5 per cent discount.

However, there's a catch — the offer appeared to be store-specific, with customers at Perth's Baldivis store being some of the luckiest Kmart fans to experience the massive sale.

Sharing a photo of the clearance item on a popular Facebook group, one shopper claimed that they managed to nab several units of the product.

TQFMJkceTM3vhaoC46SkeD7g0_ZKItjO2fRSrMcoinjpdwizoDf7Ism5SX_qYzJYWLsVrAJRY2M9yLsCwefKcEzk5IdwpEZXIYgiX3D8E4PBPeDjI8U1bl5dFKaESFL9YgcAnnFWNPr_npsqVcVDWOcdOqw5wH6R9iJv6evlQEVmLeN5aNdwGLn3

The wooden serving boards were almost being given away for free because of their 99.5 per cent slashed price. Credit: Facebook.

Group members were quick to jump on the hype, with many saying that they would not think twice about purchasing them if the store was nearby.

One person exclaimed: 'Amazing, I will grab ten!'

Others asked for clarification if it was actually being sold for 10 cents.

One comment read: 'Oh no, someone is getting fired. Surely this is a huge mistake,' one person wrote.

'Surely it is supposed to say $10,' another pointed out.

Others were disappointed, claiming it would be 'impossible' for them to get their hands on any of the 'super-cheap' boards.

One user complained: 'They would be all gone now, for ten cents.'

'I would love this for a craft project but I don't know anyone who lives near that store,' another said.

A third chimed in: 'Why does my Kmart never have sales like this.'

However, one woman gave them hope by mentioning that she got a good deal on the board in a NSW store.

'My husband got me one from the Figtree store,' she shared.

For those of you who are curious if the product is available online, unfortunately, they are no longer on display on the Kmart website.

We should always be on the lookout for clearance sales to score quality items for a cheap price. After all, we want to save money, especially now that prices are skyrocketing.

So, the next time you see a clearance sale, be sure to check it out! You may just find some amazing deals. We recommend checking out the Money Saving Hacks section of the SDC website to stay on top of the latest deals! Also, sharing with you this article about how Kmart usually does markdowns every week.
Yep of course you’ll ‘grab 10)…😡😡😡, got to make sure that you have at least 8 more than you need so that after you & the other selfish multi takers have been & got their next 10 year’s supply that there are none left for those that would just buy 1 or 2!!!

Why do people jump on the bandwagon and rush to buy things they don't really need just because it's been marked down? I have a perfectly good chopping board that does not need replacing yet so I would have passed these by. No wonder some folks are in a financial pickle if they can't curb their spending and must have every bargain they see or hear of.:(

The price is all well and good but did anybody look into the product itself??? I mention this because recently ALDI had on sale wooden boards. The first was a bamboo product and the second was rubberwood. On purchasing the rubberwood board I noticed its smoothness. At home the instructions were to give it a wipe with warm water and detergent and then pat dry. To my horror the result was a raising of numerous tiny lenses and it was clear that there was a noticeable degree of absorption. In other words, parts of the wood reacted to moisture differentially. Rubbing it gently to reduce the raised bits didn't really work. So, as an investigative scientist research was needed on the product. Numerous websites and numerous vested interests gave their take on the wood. Clearly, the material written about this wood product can't be trusted. There were major issues and controversies regarding sustainability, durability and end use. Commercial interests dominate as usual - (they yell loudest). But a concerning part for me was the necessity for the industry to use some toxic chemicals to treat the wood. If warm soapy water is absorbed it stands to reason that some of the chemicals are absorbed. They may not present in the dry condition but what about if the wood is softened with moisture. I should have taken the wooden board back to ALDI but I figured I could occasionally use it as a trivet. I also lost the docket.

I went into kmart today I needed a birthday gift. No sale items at all except cushions $2 off.

The chopping boards actually fall apart.

I've purchased alot from kmart as they are cheap but they are packed away and only used for grazing tables

Reactions: Ricci