Kmart stuns customers with $5 erotic-looking item

Kmart Australia, the popular retail giant, is known for its wide range of affordable products.

However, a recent addition to their inventory has left shoppers in stitches, and for a reason you might not expect.

A new $5 candle, innocently intended to add ‘a soothing vibe to your living space’, has been causing quite a stir due to its uncanny resemblance to a sex toy.

The Decor Pillar Candle was spotted by a bemused shopper who took to social media to share their surprise.

'Okay, didn't expect to see this at Kmart today,' they wrote, alongside a picture of the controversial candle.

SDC Images (8).png
A candle being sold at Kmart was said to look like a sex toy. Image source: Kmart.

The post quickly drew hundreds of comments from fellow Aussies who agreed that the item looked more like a bedroom companion than a household ornament.

'Only $5, not a bad price for a d*ldo,' one user replied.

While another asked, 'Since when did Kmart start selling sex toys?'

Despite its suggestive shape, the Decor Pillar Candle is described by Kmart as an 'elegant addition to your home'.

This isn't the first time Kmart has unintentionally ventured into the realm of adult entertainment.

In June 2023, a savvy mum discovered that Kmart's 'Soft Play Triangle', a children's toy, bore a striking resemblance to a $190 sex position wedge from adult retailer Lovehoney.

The mum shared her find on the Mums on a Budget Facebook page, boasting that the toy saved her 'over $100'.

The 'Soft Play Triangle' and the Lovehoney wedge shared similar dimensions, with the main differences being the colour scheme and material.

Kmart's toy featured a vibrant red, blue, and yellow design, a stark contrast to Lovehoney's deep purple.

'I'm never going to be able to look at that triangle the same way ever again,' one said.

While another added: 'We now need a safe word to play with our child's toy.'

You can read more about this discovery here.

Kmart Australia has yet to comment on the unexpected attention their Decor Pillar Candle has received.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers spotted a candle being sold at the store that resembled a sex toy.
  • The Decor Pillar Candle is being sold for $5 and is advertised as something that would 'bring a soothing vibe to your living space'.
  • The recent discovery comes months after another Kmart item became popular for resembling another sex toy.
So, what do you think, members? Have you spotted any other everyday items that could be mistaken for something else? Share your funny finds in the comments below!

Sponsored
My exchange has been with vegepatch who apparently does see a relationship with religion, to the extent that he/she decided to dump a tirade of vitriol on me with a number of outrageous assumptions and accusations. I never brought religion up, I did suggest that the apparent hatred of clergy needs counselling and I stand by that comment. If anyone attempts in any way to bully me, make no mistake I will retaliate.
You make some assumptions yourself.

Your initial comment about counselling was said in a derogatory manner.

Are you a clinician?

How would you know whether anyone does or does not have counselling?

The ‘few’ you reference is a gross understatement and insulting to the MANY who suffer life-long hurt or have suicided because of your “few” vile creatures.

You took to the poison pen because of the ‘bishop’ word, and as I posted, a current police raid has occurred on a ‘bishop’s’ home for historical child abuse allegations, so who or what is twisted?

You whinge now about being bullied?? Who threw the first punch?

Just my opinion!

You sound a very unhappy ☹️ person , no one is bullying you , this is a forum for others to voice their opinion,not to attack others ,I can understand why veggiepatch feels like he does after what has happened to him,I’m sure I would feel the same if I were in his shoes .
Firstly wrong. I am not unhappy at all quite the contrary in fact. No I would not feel the same as veggiepatch as I have had counselling for my issues so they have not turned into hatred. His issues are no excuse for turning his wrath on me and blaming me for as he put it "rocked him to the core." I voiced my opinion and did not attack him until he attacked me then I retaliated as I always will. Like I have already said, play rough with me and you bite off more than you can chew.

You make some assumptions yourself.

Your initial comment about counselling was said in a derogatory manner.

Are you a clinician?

How would you know whether anyone does or does not have counselling?

The ‘few’ you reference is a gross understatement and insulting to the MANY who suffer life-long hurt or have suicided because of your “few” vile creatures.

You took to the poison pen because of the ‘bishop’ word, and as I posted, a current police raid has occurred on a ‘bishop’s’ home for historical child abuse allegations, so who or what is twisted?

You whinge now about being bullied?? Who threw the first punch?

Just my opinion!
Oh really? Do you claim to know what I was thinking when I wrote the comment about counselling? Who are you to decide it it was derogatory. Don't try making excuses for your friends' bad behaviour. Go away if you just want to try arguing.

• Haha
Reactions: Knell
Kmart Australia, the popular retail giant, is known for its wide range of affordable products.

However, a recent addition to their inventory has left shoppers in stitches, and for a reason you might not expect.

A new $5 candle, innocently intended to add ‘a soothing vibe to your living space’, has been causing quite a stir due to its uncanny resemblance to a sex toy.

The Decor Pillar Candle was spotted by a bemused shopper who took to social media to share their surprise.

'Okay, didn't expect to see this at Kmart today,' they wrote, alongside a picture of the controversial candle.

View attachment 38835
A candle being sold at Kmart was said to look like a sex toy. Image source: Kmart.

The post quickly drew hundreds of comments from fellow Aussies who agreed that the item looked more like a bedroom companion than a household ornament.

'Only $5, not a bad price for a d*ldo,' one user replied.

While another asked, 'Since when did Kmart start selling sex toys?'

Despite its suggestive shape, the Decor Pillar Candle is described by Kmart as an 'elegant addition to your home'.

This isn't the first time Kmart has unintentionally ventured into the realm of adult entertainment.

In June 2023, a savvy mum discovered that Kmart's 'Soft Play Triangle', a children's toy, bore a striking resemblance to a $190 sex position wedge from adult retailer Lovehoney.

The mum shared her find on the Mums on a Budget Facebook page, boasting that the toy saved her 'over $100'.

The 'Soft Play Triangle' and the Lovehoney wedge shared similar dimensions, with the main differences being the colour scheme and material.

Kmart's toy featured a vibrant red, blue, and yellow design, a stark contrast to Lovehoney's deep purple.

'I'm never going to be able to look at that triangle the same way ever again,' one said.

While another added: 'We now need a safe word to play with our child's toy.'

You can read more about this discovery here.

Kmart Australia has yet to comment on the unexpected attention their Decor Pillar Candle has received.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers spotted a candle being sold at the store that resembled a sex toy.
  • The Decor Pillar Candle is being sold for $5 and is advertised as something that would 'bring a soothing vibe to your living space'.
  • The recent discovery comes months after another Kmart item became popular for resembling another sex toy.
So, what do you think, members? Have you spotted any other everyday items that could be mistaken for something else? Share your funny finds in the comments below!
Blimey Charlie all this over a f. ING candle.🤣

• Love
Reactions: Leenie
Oh really? Do you claim to know what I was thinking when I wrote the comment about counselling? Who are you to decide it it was derogatory. Don't try making excuses for your friends' bad behaviour. Go away if you just want to try arguing.
Not sure that plausible deniability can be asserted when reasonable inference can easily be drawn by the ordinary person.

• Haha
Reactions: I'm Mal and Leenie
You are not unhappy ,as I posted , but a very ANGRY person , what happened As it comes through in your posts?

Not sure that plausible deniability can be asserted when reasonable inference can easily be drawn by the ordinary person.
You are not unhappy ,as I posted , but a very ANGRY person , what happened As it comes through in your posts?
Ah thank you for sorting that out for me. I did not know that I was ANGRY but now that you have sorted through my emotions and read my thoughts then if you say I am ANGRY you must be right. How could I have been so confused? In future if anyone asks me "how are you?" I will be sure to tell them that as I have no idea how I feel, they will need to ask you. You would know better than me.

BTW I have formal professional qualifications in this field which I am not prepared to discuss on social media but I am well qualified to advise people with issues to seek counselling. Even with my qualifications though I cannot claim to be able to read minds so how you seem have that ability is beyond me.

Last edited:
Not sure where you looked that up from but do try to be original. I am not at all impressed with sesquipedalian responses.

This is getting embarrassingly childish. You know like Dick and Dora.
I thought that yesterday but you, et al, wanted to play so I obliged. It appears now that you have exhausted your arsenal of sarcasm and insults so I will be gracious and allow you to humbly retreat if that is what you desire.

Nasty
Ah thank you for sorting that out for me. I did not know that I was ANGRY but now that you have sorted through my emotions and read my thoughts then if you say I am ANGRY you must be right. How could I have been so confused? In future if anyone asks me "how are you?" I will be sure to tell them that as I have no idea how I feel, they will need to ask you. You would know better than me.

BTW I have formal professional qualifications in this field which tI am not prepared to discuss on social media but I am well qualified to advise people with issues to seek counselling. Even with my qualifications though I cannot claim to be able to read minds so how you seem have that ability is beyond me.
sorry, I only asked a question trying to understand where all this is coming from , there was no need to be sarcastic about it , my apologies if I have upset you .