Kmart stuns customers with $5 erotic-looking item

Kmart Australia, the popular retail giant, is known for its wide range of affordable products.

However, a recent addition to their inventory has left shoppers in stitches, and for a reason you might not expect.

A new $5 candle, innocently intended to add ‘a soothing vibe to your living space’, has been causing quite a stir due to its uncanny resemblance to a sex toy.

The Decor Pillar Candle was spotted by a bemused shopper who took to social media to share their surprise.

'Okay, didn't expect to see this at Kmart today,' they wrote, alongside a picture of the controversial candle.

SDC Images (8).png
A candle being sold at Kmart was said to look like a sex toy. Image source: Kmart.

The post quickly drew hundreds of comments from fellow Aussies who agreed that the item looked more like a bedroom companion than a household ornament.

'Only $5, not a bad price for a d*ldo,' one user replied.

While another asked, 'Since when did Kmart start selling sex toys?'

Despite its suggestive shape, the Decor Pillar Candle is described by Kmart as an 'elegant addition to your home'.

This isn't the first time Kmart has unintentionally ventured into the realm of adult entertainment.

In June 2023, a savvy mum discovered that Kmart's 'Soft Play Triangle', a children's toy, bore a striking resemblance to a $190 sex position wedge from adult retailer Lovehoney.

The mum shared her find on the Mums on a Budget Facebook page, boasting that the toy saved her 'over $100'.

The 'Soft Play Triangle' and the Lovehoney wedge shared similar dimensions, with the main differences being the colour scheme and material.

Kmart's toy featured a vibrant red, blue, and yellow design, a stark contrast to Lovehoney's deep purple.

'I'm never going to be able to look at that triangle the same way ever again,' one said.

While another added: 'We now need a safe word to play with our child's toy.'

You can read more about this discovery here.

Kmart Australia has yet to comment on the unexpected attention their Decor Pillar Candle has received.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers spotted a candle being sold at the store that resembled a sex toy.
  • The Decor Pillar Candle is being sold for $5 and is advertised as something that would 'bring a soothing vibe to your living space'.
  • The recent discovery comes months after another Kmart item became popular for resembling another sex toy.
So, what do you think, members? Have you spotted any other everyday items that could be mistaken for something else? Share your funny finds in the comments below!

Sponsored
@Leenie I will always have your back, with quite a few others, on SDC. I try to instill some humour, interspersed with facts to hopefully make some people's day that little bit better. I am straight "up the guts" type of person without resorting to pussyfooting around like @Big Mal and his ilk. No thanks needed....it is my duty as a person, not a mouse.
And you do make many people's day better whether they know it or not.

@Leenie I will always have your back, with quite a few others, on SDC. I try to instill some humour, interspersed with facts to hopefully make some people's day that little bit better. I am straight "up the guts" type of person without resorting to pussyfooting around like @Big Mal and his ilk. No thanks needed....it is my duty as a person, not a mouse.
@Veggiepatch that’s why we love you , your sense of humour ,puts a smile 😃 on our faces ,don’t ever change .

*Taps fingers impatiently*
My my, you have been busy while I have been out. Unlike you who apparently has nothing better to do than sit around with your face glued to your screen, waiting and tapping out absurd drivel every few minutes, I have a life outside social media. I am still yet to find anything of substance in what you have presented thus far. Still just a source of amusement and from what I have seen, unlikely to trend otherwise. I will check back in a few hours to see if the standard has shown any slight signs of improvement but I hold out very little anticipation of that happening. BTW I take nothing back and stand by all that I have posted and that also will not change.

I've had a break myself....from your inane rantings of a religious fruitcake. Don't forget....I HATE RELIGION and have visible physical scars to prove it. That's my "medical condition". Ever experienced having petrol poured on you and set alight until the guise of religion hiding as heroin f**king dealers? Come back when you are ready. You don't know jack shit about religion except the power you exert!

I have extracted two girls from religious cults in the early 2000s with the help of others. Want the details or will I be speaking of those you protect. This has more than hit a raw nerve....it has shaken me to the core!

Must be nice for adults to do such hideous acts to teenagers. Does this arouse you?

Reactions: Leenie
My my, you have been busy while I have been out. Unlike you who apparently has nothing better to do than sit around with your face glued to your screen, waiting and tapping out absurd drivel every few minutes, I have a life outside social media. I am still yet to find anything of substance in what you have presented thus far. Still just a source of amusement and from what I have seen, unlikely to trend otherwise. I will check back in a few hours to see if the standard has shown any slight signs of improvement but I hold out very little anticipation of that happening. BTW I take nothing back and stand by all that I have posted and that also will not change.
Are you mates with William Kamm AKA Little Pebble who had a compound on Cambewarra Road at North Nowra on the NSW South Coast? We infilrtated that compound, even with his gated property and armed apes. He's still in jail I think. The two girls I speak of had no connection with scumbag Kamm. They were elsewhere.

Reactions: Leenie
Are you mates with William Kamm AKA Little Pebble who had a compound on Cambewarra Road at North Nowra on the NSW South Coast? We infilrtated that compound, even with his gated property and armed apes. He's still in jail I think. The two girls I speak of had no connection with scumbag Kamm. They were elsewhere.
Nope, not still in jail. He only got 10 years. Lives in Sydney. Horrible.

I've had a break myself....from your inane rantings of a religious fruitcake. Don't forget....I HATE RELIGION and have visible physical scars to prove it. That's my "medical condition". Ever experienced having petrol poured on you and set alight until the guise of religion hiding as heroin f**king dealers? Come back when you are ready. You don't know jack shit about religion except the power you exert!

I have extracted two girls from religious cults in the early 2000s with the help of others. Want the details or will I be speaking of those you protect. This has more than hit a raw nerve....it has shaken me to the core!

Must be nice for adults to do such hideous acts to teenagers. Does this arouse you?
Well well, a number of assumptions there. Firstly, your position on religion is perfectly clear but for some reason, you have tarred me with the same brush yet you know nothing about me. It appears that you accuse me of the same atrocities you are a victim of. Nothing could be further from the truth. I too am an abuse victim. You have assumed that I am a religious fruitcake. Why? You have also assumed that I know jackshit about religion except the power I exert. Again why?

Why do you assume that I would be aroused by hideous acts to teenagers?

My post about clergy is correct, clearly you hate them with a vengeance and you need counselling. One thing I have learned is that not all clergy are monsters. Just a few who should never have been appointed as clergy in the first place and have given all clergy a bad name.

Don't forget, that you started this. I merely commented that the item up for discussion looked more like a chess piece than a sex toy. You brought up bishop and turned it into a hate session.

Last edited:
Who are you talking about? Never heard of him.

Well well, a number of assumptions there. Firstly, your position on religion is perfectly clear but for some reason, you have tarred me with the same brush yet you know nothing about me. It appears that you accuse me of the same atrocities you are a victim of. Nothing could be further from the truth. I too am an abuse victim. You have assumed that I am a religious fruitcake. Why? You have also assumed that I know jackshit about religion except the power I exert. Again why?

Why do you assume that I would be aroused by hideous acts to teenagers?

My post about clergy is correct, clearly you hate them with a vengeance and you need counselling. One thing I have learned is that not all clergy are monsters. Just a few who should never have been appointed as clergy in the first place and have given all clergy a bad name.

Don't forget, that you started this. I merely commented that the item up for discussion looked more like a chess piece than a sex toy. You brought up bishop and turned it into a hate session.

To mention a chess piece doesn’t have anything to do with religion, you seem to have misunderstood,I never saw that as relating to any religion.

To mention a chess piece doesn’t have anything to do with religion, you seem to have misunderstood,I never saw that as relating to any religion.
My exchange has been with vegepatch who apparently does see a relationship with religion, to the extent that he/she decided to dump a tirade of vitriol on me with a number of outrageous assumptions and accusations. I never brought religion up, I did suggest that the apparent hatred of clergy needs counselling and I stand by that comment. If anyone attempts in any way to bully me, make no mistake I will retaliate.

My exchange has been with vegepatch who apparently does see a relationship with religion, to the extent that he/she decided to dump a tirade of vitriol on me with a number of outrageous assumptions and accusations. I never brought religion up, I did suggest that the apparent hatred of clergy needs counselling and I stand by that comment. If anyone attempts in any way to bully me, make no mistake I will retaliate.
You sound a very unhappy ☹️ person , no one is bullying you , this is a forum for others to voice their opinion,not to attack others ,I can understand why veggiepatch feels like he does after what has happened to him,I’m sure I would feel the same if I were in his shoes .

Reactions: Littleboy8