Kmart shoppers are horrified by this 'embarrassing' detail in the store's popular $9 shoes

There are few things more embarrassing than when you let out an accidental fart in public. The sudden noise, the smells… It's just a recipe for disaster.

However, imagine if your shoes were the ones responsible for those awkward sounds! That would be a whole other level of mortification.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what has been happening to some Kmart shoppers who have recently purchased the store’s popular synthetic Double Buckle Footbed Slides. For just $9, these slides are a great bargain – but apparently, they come with a pretty big downside: ‘farting noises’ every time you take a step.

Sharing on the popular Facebook group, Jacinta from Melbourne came forward about her 'awkward' experience while wearing the shoes.

64258553-11397129-A_woman_has_been_turning_heads_because_of_the_awkward_farting_so-a-32_1667787051360.jpg

A fashionable shopper has been drawing attention because of the 'awkward fart sounds' her well-known Kmart slides create when she walks. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Hacks & Decor.

'How do I make these shoes not fart? Eek!' she wrote on her post along with a picture of a pair of footwear, informing the group that these shoes have been making bizarre noises when she walks.

Several users replied to her post, many of whom said that their own Kmart shoes have the same issue.

One woman wrote: 'I'm very socially awkward and when I wear mine and they fart I get so nervous and begin giggling uncontrollably.'

'Oh my goodness, I thought it was just me who bought a faulty pair. It's nice to know I'm not alone,' another said.

A third added: 'I always talk to my feet and tell them to stop farting, hoping everyone knows it isn't me.'

Other group members provided solutions and suggestions to fix the problem.

One person suggested: 'Baby powder before I go out in the sun works really well.'

'I have had mine for over a year and they're no longer farting. Just stick it out - it gets better!' another shared.

A third chimed in: 'Stab holes in the soles! It works like a charm.'

Key Takeaways

• Many Kmart shoppers have complained about the 'awkward farting noises' made by the store's popular Double Buckle Footbed Slides.
  • The noise is likely caused by the insole generating friction against the shoe bed when the wearer is walking.
  • Some customers have shared the 'miracle' solutions they used to fix the problem, such as stabbing holes in the soles or applying baby powder to the shoes.

Shoes may make noises for a variety of reasons, such as wrinkles, wetness, and dirt that has been trapped in the soles.

When the wearer walks, the insole likely creates friction against the shoe bed, which results in a 'farting' sound.

It's also possible that the squeaking is caused by moisture and sweat seeping into the shoes' concealed areas, which happens more frequently during the summer.

No pair of shoes is completely maintenance-free. But with proper care and attention, yours can last you a very long time and provide you with many, many happy memories!

How about you? What solution do you use to fix the ‘farting’ shoes? Share your tips with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
To start with I think they are ugly.

Maybe with the cheap products they are made with make your feet sweat being the reason for this problem.

Easy fix throw them away and buy something better for your feet.

The one thing I don't go cheap on is shoes ...my feet deserve better.

I love the comfort of sketches and wait until they go on sale.

I have runners which when you are walking feels like you are walking on air , the same thing with their slides and sandals

I even converted hubby and he won't and can't wear anything else.

So be nice to your feet 😏

There are few things more embarrassing than when you let out an accidental fart in public. The sudden noise, the smells… It's just a recipe for disaster.

However, imagine if your shoes were the ones responsible for those awkward sounds! That would be a whole other level of mortification.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what has been happening to some Kmart shoppers who have recently purchased the store’s popular synthetic Double Buckle Footbed Slides. For just $9, these slides are a great bargain – but apparently, they come with a pretty big downside: ‘farting noises’ every time you take a step.

Sharing on the popular Facebook group, Jacinta from Melbourne came forward about her 'awkward' experience while wearing the shoes.

64258553-11397129-A_woman_has_been_turning_heads_because_of_the_awkward_farting_so-a-32_1667787051360.jpg

A fashionable shopper has been drawing attention because of the 'awkward fart sounds' her well-known Kmart slides create when she walks. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Hacks & Decor.

'How do I make these shoes not fart? Eek!' she wrote on her post along with a picture of a pair of footwear, informing the group that these shoes have been making bizarre noises when she walks.

Several users replied to her post, many of whom said that their own Kmart shoes have the same issue.

One woman wrote: 'I'm very socially awkward and when I wear mine and they fart I get so nervous and begin giggling uncontrollably.'

'Oh my goodness, I thought it was just me who bought a faulty pair. It's nice to know I'm not alone,' another said.

A third added: 'I always talk to my feet and tell them to stop farting, hoping everyone knows it isn't me.'

One person suggested: 'Baby powder before I go out in the sun works really well.'

'I have had mine for over a year and they're no longer farting. Just stick it out - it gets better!' another shared.

Key Takeaways

• Many Kmart shoppers have complained about the 'awkward farting noises' made by the store's popular Double Buckle Footbed Slides.
  • The noise is likely caused by the insole generating friction against the shoe bed when the wearer is walking.
  • Some customers have shared the 'miracle' solutions they used to fix the problem, such as stabbing holes in the soles or applying baby powder to the shoes.

Shoes may make noises for a variety of reasons, such as wrinkles, wetness, and dirt that has been trapped in the soles.

When the wearer walks, the insole likely creates friction against the shoe bed, which results in a 'farting' sound.

It's also possible that the squeaking is caused by moisture and sweat seeping into the shoes' concealed areas, which happens more frequently during the summer.

No pair of shoes is completely maintenance-free. But with proper care and attention, yours can last you a very long time and provide you with many, many happy memories!

How about you? What solution do you use to fix the ‘farting’ shoes? Share your tips with us in the

I have a pair of these shoes and have never had a problem. They are one of a very few designs I can wear as my right foot is held together with plates and screws making a lot of styles uncomfortable if not impossible to wear. They may not be very aesthetically pleasing but they sure are comfy and feel like you have nothing on your feet.:)

Key Takeaways

How about you? What solution do you use to fix the ‘farting’ shoes? Share your tips with us in the comments below!

Key Takeaways

It’s not just K Mart slides that do that - Birkenstocks used to do it when I wore them and I suspect any slides with arch support would do it. It’s just a fact of life when feet sweat and suction onto the shoe. Yes,go the baby powder, but it will only work as long as it takes for your feet to get it damp!

Maybe with the cheap products they are made with make your feet sweat being the reason for this problem.

I have runners which when you are walking feels like you are walking on air , the same thing with their slides and sandals

Exactly what I was thinking as I was reading it you get what you pay for

I bought a pair of Homy Ped court shoes for work once & they 'farted' constantly but randomly 🤣 It was mortifying as the office was super quiet .....
Even after trying so many so-called remedies & buying expensive insoles they continued to embarrass me so they went to the op shop - with a note that they were very noisy shoes! I often wonder what the ladies at the op shop made of that note 🤣

I have tried sketches even athlete foot and dont like them and I have tried other shoes cheap and expensive and it if doesn't fit your foot right then it will not be comfortable so just buy what is comfortable to your foot we are all different that is what makes the would go round

Reactions: Ricci

They certainly are ugly….will not be part of my summer sandal wardrobe!!