Kmart shopper leaves everyone in stitches with hilarious online review

Kmart's products offer exceptional value for money, no doubt about it. However, when it comes to their online reviews, things can take a rather amusing turn. Brace yourself for this one, folks!

One Kmart shopper took to the popular forum website Reddit to share a recent discovery—a review that not only defies logic but also sparked a whirlwind of controversy and laughter.

This keen-eyed user ventured onto Kmart's website to check out their 20L microwave, curious about what other customers had to say. With a whopping 875 customer reviews to sift through, it was only a matter of time before they stumbled upon a gem.

And boy, did they find one! A 'verified buyer' left a rather peculiar complaint about the appliance. Brace yourself for this mind-boggling revelation: they claimed the microwave was 'small' and added an even more mind-bending statement—wait for it—'Will not fit a small child'.

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 12.43.37 PM.png
A shopper has raised eyebrows with a very questionable online review about a popular Kmart kitchen appliance. Credit: Kmart.

Yes, you read that correctly. An online review for a microwave stating that it won't accommodate a small child. We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried. It's the kind of review that leaves you scratching your head in disbelief and a little bit of horror.

Reposting the review on social media for other shoppers to see, the astonished shopper wrote: 'Will not fit a small child; Kmart 20L Microwave. Stay classy, Australia.'

Needless to say, the post caused a bit of a stir on the internet.

As the review (which was posted in 2019) is still active on Kmart's website, it's safe to assume that it was seen by the company's social media activity moderators and subsequently left unpunished, with 275 'thumbs up' votes and 41 negative votes.

Social media users posted all kinds of responses and comments—some of which could have been seen as immature (but equally hilarious), such as, 'I like kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one.'

As the conversations continued, more shoppers joined, each one contributing their unique twist of humour.

'This is so weird because I just ordered one of these. I'm so disappointed I didn't know about this before I ordered. How will I reheat my children now?!?' joked one user.

Another comment read: 'Not with that attitude, it won't.'

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper left a bizarre online review for the retailer's 20L Microwave.
  • The review, which comically stated the microwave would not 'fit a small child', caught the attention of other shoppers.
  • The unconventional review sparked many humorous reactions from other social media users.
  • Despite being outlandish, the review has remained live on the Kmart website since it was posted in 2019.

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we were left scratching our heads over the rather peculiar comment. It's as if the user mistook the microwave for a completely different Kmart product. Can you believe it?

Maybe they were busy browsing baby cribs or strollers and accidentally dropped their review right on the microwave's page. Quite the mix-up, eh? Let's hope so at least…

However, let this little incident serve as a reminder, members: when it comes to online shopping, don't swallow those reviews whole. Take a moment to pause, reflect, and conduct your investigation. It's always wise to dig a little deeper before making a purchase.

Now, wasn't that a hilarious and slightly concerning tale? We certainly had a good chuckle here! We'd love to hear your stories of stumbling upon uproarious or downright bizarre product reviews on the internet. Share your amusing encounters with us in the comments section—we could all use a hearty laugh at the moment!

Sponsored
Kmart's products offer exceptional value for money, no doubt about it. However, when it comes to their online reviews, things can take a rather amusing turn. Brace yourself for this one, folks!

One Kmart shopper took to the popular forum website Reddit to share a recent discovery—a review that not only defies logic but also sparked a whirlwind of controversy and laughter.

This keen-eyed user ventured onto Kmart's website to check out their 20L microwave, curious about what other customers had to say. With a whopping 875 customer reviews to sift through, it was only a matter of time before they stumbled upon a gem.

And boy, did they find one! A 'verified buyer' left a rather peculiar complaint about the appliance. Brace yourself for this mind-boggling revelation: they claimed the microwave was 'small' and added an even more mind-bending statement—wait for it—'Will not fit a small child'.

View attachment 25290
A shopper has raised eyebrows with a very questionable online review about a popular Kmart kitchen appliance. Credit: Kmart.

Yes, you read that correctly. An online review for a microwave stating that it won't accommodate a small child. We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried. It's the kind of review that leaves you scratching your head in disbelief and a little bit of horror.

Reposting the review on social media for other shoppers to see, the astonished shopper wrote: 'Will not fit a small child; Kmart 20L Microwave. Stay classy, Australia.'

As the review (which was posted in 2019) is still active on Kmart's website, it's safe to assume that it was seen by the company's social media activity moderators and subsequently left unpunished, with 275 'thumbs up' votes and 41 negative votes.

Social media users posted all kinds of responses and comments—some of which could have been seen as immature (but equally hilarious), such as, 'I like kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one.'

As the conversations continued, more shoppers joined, each one contributing their unique twist of humour.

'This is so weird because I just ordered one of these. I'm so disappointed I didn't know about this before ordered. How will I reheat my children now?!?' joked one user.

Key Takeaways

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper left a bizarre online review for the retailer's 20L Microwave.
    • The review, which comically stated the microwave would not 'fit a small child', caught the attention of other shoppers.
    • The unconventional review sparked many humorous reactions from other social media users.
    • Despite being outlandish, the review has remained live on the Kmart website since it was posted in 2019.

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we were left scratching our heads over the rather peculiar comment. It's as if the user mistook the microwave for a completely different Kmart product. Can you believe it?

Maybe they were busy browsing baby cribs or strollers and accidentally dropped their review right on the microwave's page. Quite the mix-up, eh? Let's hope so at least…

However, let this little incident serve as a reminder, members: when it comes to online shopping, don't swallow those reviews whole. Take a moment to pause, reflect, and conduct your investigation. It's always wise to dig a little deeper before making a purchase.

Now, wasn't that a hilarious and slightly concerning tale? We certainly had a good chuckle here! We'd love to hear your stories of stumbling upon uproarious or downright bizarre product reviews on the internet. Share your amusing encounters with us in the comments section—we could all use a hearty laugh at the moment!
🤦🏻‍♀️

View attachment 25290

'This is so weird because I just ordered one of these. I'm so disappointed I didn't know about this before I ordered. How will I reheat my children now?!?' joked one user.

Key Takeaways

My two favourite cookbooks:

https://www.discworldemporium.com/product/nanny-ogg-s-cookbook/

https://www.female.com.au/how-to-cook-children.htm

View attachment 25290

Key Takeaways

Yes funny but the poor soul that said it probably says No room to swing a cat. Makes for a laugh though.

View attachment 25290

Key Takeaways

• Love
Reactions: Granny*Deb

View attachment 25290

Key Takeaways

It was not long after micro waves became available that the daily paper had written that a babysitter had placed the baby in a microwave because it was so cold, I never did see a follow up story as to whether the baby survived, does anyone remember seeing this article in the papers?

It was not long after micro waves became available that the daily paper had written that a babysitter had placed the baby in a microwave because it was so cold, I never did see a follow up story as to whether the baby survived, does anyone remember seeing this article in the papers?
I don't remember the outcome but as microwaves cook from the inside out..........

View attachment 25290

Key Takeaways

The store in question has probably posted this review (prob not the first examlle either), clever marketing, betting a lot of the commenters/repliers had a subconcious look at what was being sold!