Kmart Shopper’s Incredible Outdoor Table Transformation: 'Genius!'

If you're anything like us here at SDC, you know that finding ways to spruce up your living space can be a total pain (and expensive!). Lucky for us, we've discovered one of the 'holy grails' of DIY renovation hacks: Kmart's adhesive tiles!

Seriously, these things are a game-changer. Remember that story from last year about a mum who used the tiles to jazz up her kitchen and make cooking a total blast? And it's not just her - we've heard from tons of shoppers who have given their living spaces a fresh look with these tiles.

The best part? You don't have to be a pro-DIY-er to make them work. These tiles are seriously easy to use, and they come in a bunch of different colours and styles, so you can find the perfect fit for your home.

It's no wonder that Kmart's adhesive tiles have become such a hit with the creative crowd. There are seriously endless possibilities for sprucing up your space with these buys.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 11.44.17 AM.png
Kmart's adhesive tiles can be used to revamp glass outdoor tables. Credit: Facebook.

But did you know they can be used for even more than just sprucing up your walls? We're talking furniture makeovers!

And we're not the only ones who've caught on to this hack - one clever shopper recently shared her budget-friendly furniture transformation. She used Kmart's adhesive tiles to give an old, worn-out outdoor table a seriously stylish upgrade.

The woman used Kmart's Self Adhesive 3D Tiles in Mosaic, which comes in a five-pack for $26.

According to the store's website, these tiles are resistant to water, oil, high temperatures, and mildew, making them perfect for outdoor furniture like the glass table in question. Plus, they're super easy to clean with just a damp cloth and mild detergent.

Naturally, her post in a Kmart hacks Facebook group went viral, with fellow budget-savvy shoppers praising her idea.

'I mean, come on, that's just bloody genius!' one commenter raved. And another was quick to chime in, 'Wow! What a great idea! I have two of those tables that need revamping! Thank you for the inspiration!'

Credit: Kmart.

Wait one moment though - while we were all blown away by that Kmart DIY project, it seems like there may be a few potential drawbacks to using adhesive tiles on glass tables.

According to one commenter, 'Some of these tables are known to explode, the glass shattering. They aren't designed with this extra weight in mind. While it looks great, the constant comment is the tiles are sticky and can't be cleaned, and fade in the sun. I wouldn't risk it.'

Another DIY enthusiast chimed in to share her own experience, saying she had tried the same thing but ended up upgrading to 'real tiles' after the weather faded the adhesive ones.

And it seems like cleaning could also be an issue, with some noting that the tiles have a 'gritty and sticky' surface.

'I ended up removing mine off my table because everything stuck to the table,' one person warned. 'It was such a shame as I really loved the look. Same with this lady's table- it looks so good but unfortunately may drive her insane too.'

So, while this hack may look amazing, it's worth taking these potential issues into account before giving it a go yourself.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 11.44.09 AM.png
Another customer discovered a different adhesive tile – also available at Kmart. Credit: Kmart (left), Facebook (right).

Okay, so we've heard the pros and cons of using Kmart's Self Adhesive 3D Tiles to upgrade your outdoor furniture. But what about other options? Is there a more affordable and hassle-free way to give your old furniture a fresh new look?

According to one crafty Kmart shopper, there certainly is! And it involves a different type of adhesive tile that's even cheaper than the 3D mosaic tiles - the Vinyl Floor Tiles!

For just $15 a pack (which includes eight tiles), this thrifty Kmart enthusiast was able to transform her old glass outdoor table in no time. All she did was wipe the glass down to remove any dust and placed the vinyl tiles on top. Voila! A brand new tabletop for just $45.

But that's not even the best part. The vinyl tiles are super easy to clean and maintain, so no more worrying about 'sticky and gritty' surfaces or streaky glass. Plus, she says, no more drinks banging on the glass either!

So there you have it folks, another budget-friendly DIY hack from the Kmart community. Will you be trying it out? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
If you're anything like us here at SDC, you know that finding ways to spruce up your living space can be a total pain (and expensive!). Lucky for us, we've discovered one of the 'holy grails' of DIY renovation hacks: Kmart's adhesive tiles!

Seriously, these things are a game-changer. Remember that story from last year about a mum who used the tiles to jazz up her kitchen and make cooking a total blast? And it's not just her - we've heard from tons of shoppers who have given their living spaces a fresh look with these tiles.

The best part? You don't have to be a pro-DIY-er to make them work. These tiles are seriously easy to use, and they come in a bunch of different colours and styles, so you can find the perfect fit for your home.

It's no wonder that Kmart's adhesive tiles have become such a hit with the creative crowd. There are seriously endless possibilities for sprucing up your space with these buys.

View attachment 15026
Kmart's adhesive tiles can be used to revamp glass outdoor tables. Credit: Facebook.

But did you know they can be used for even more than just sprucing up your walls? We're talking furniture makeovers!

And we're not the only ones who've caught on to this hack - one clever shopper recently shared her budget-friendly furniture transformation. She used Kmart's adhesive tiles to give an old, worn-out outdoor table a seriously stylish upgrade.

The woman used Kmart's Self Adhesive 3D Tiles in Mosaic, which comes in a five-pack for $26.

According to the store's website, these tiles are resistant to water, oil, high temperatures, and mildew, making them perfect for outdoor furniture like the glass table in question. Plus, they're super easy to clean with just a damp cloth and mild detergent.

Naturally, her post in a Kmart hacks Facebook group went viral, with fellow budget-savvy shoppers praising her idea.

'I mean, come on, that's just bloody genius!' one commenter raved. And another was quick to chime in, 'Wow! What a great idea! I have two of those tables that need revamping! Thank you for the inspiration!'

Credit: Kmart.

Wait one moment though - while we were all blown away by that Kmart DIY project, it seems like there may be a few potential drawbacks to using adhesive tiles on glass tables.

According to one commenter, 'Some of these tables are known to explode, the glass shattering. They aren't designed with this extra weight in mind. While it looks great, the constant comment is the tiles are sticky and can't be cleaned, and fade in the sun. I wouldn't risk it.'

Another DIY enthusiast chimed in to share her own experience, saying she had tried the same thing but ended up upgrading to 'real tiles' after the weather faded the adhesive ones.

And it seems like cleaning could also be an issue, with some noting that the tiles have a 'gritty and sticky' surface.

'I ended up removing mine off my table because everything stuck to the table,' one person warned. 'It was such a shame as I really loved the look. Same with this lady's table- it looks so good but unfortunately may drive her insane too.'

So, while this hack may look amazing, it's worth taking these potential issues into account before giving it a go yourself.

View attachment 15027
Another customer discovered a different adhesive tile – also available at Kmart. Credit: Kmart (left), Facebook (right).

Okay, so we've heard the pros and cons of using Kmart's Self Adhesive 3D Tiles to upgrade your outdoor furniture. But what about other options? Is there a more affordable and hassle-free way to give your old furniture a fresh new look?

According to one crafty Kmart shopper, there certainly is! And it involves a different type of adhesive tile that's even cheaper than the 3D mosaic tiles - the Vinyl Floor Tiles!

For just $15 a pack (which includes eight tiles), this thrifty Kmart enthusiast was able to transform her old glass outdoor table in no time. All she did was wipe the glass down to remove any dust and placed the vinyl tiles on top. Voila! A brand new tabletop for just $45.

But that's not even the best part. The vinyl tiles are super easy to clean and maintain, so no more worrying about 'sticky and gritty' surfaces or streaky glass. Plus, she says, no more drinks banging on the glass either!

So there you have it folks, another budget-friendly DIY hack from the Kmart community. Will you be trying it out? Let us know in the comments!

It's great if you can do that. I can't, I tried many times, I struggle to cover a book, lol ... I don't even try anymore.

Would be great for a tabletop that is under a pergola and not in direct sun.

That brought back memories of how I used to contact my kitchen bench tops and I did this regularly although I wouldn't do that now. I'm thinking I did that when in rentals and when I bought my house before I renovated my kitchen

Reactions: Ricci
Being a total DIY dunce these types of makeover are far to fiddly for my skillset. Also I don't have the foresight to "see" the finished article. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Suzanne rose
We lived in our house for 45 years before moving to a Retirement Village in 2019.
I had put contact on my kitchen shelves at least 4 times over the years.
The last time I wanted to change the contact paper I found it did not stick as well as
previous years. So, I used vinyl floor tiles and they looked really good and were much
easier to keep clean and they didn't tear like the contact paper used to do.

Reactions: Ricci