Kmart brought back a timely product for winter, and not everyone’s pleased

As the cooler months approach, shops are bringing out items to keep Aussies warm, including clothes.

Aside from putting out a knitwear collection, Kmart brought back one of their hot and talked-about items.

The OXX Essentials Microwavable Slippers are back on the shelves, stirring up quite the conversation.

For $20, these slippers are a 'must-have' for chilly evenings, selling out quickly due to their popularity.

Available in cosy shades of white and pink, they promise to offer a quick and easy solution to warm up and soothe tired feet.

According to Kmart, these slippers can also help relieve sprains, making them a therapeutic purchase.

compressed-microwavable slippers.jpeg
The OXX Essentials Microwavable Slippers promise multiple benefits—from keeping feet warm, to becoming a first-aid tool for sprains. Image Credit: Kmart

A shopper named Bella took to social media and could not contain her excitement when she stumbled upon the snug accessories, with viewers also eager to grab a pair.

'I need these!' one exclaimed.

'Looks like I'm going to Kmart tomorrow,' another chimed in.

'Man, sometimes I love being Aussie.'

However, some people are sceptical about the slippers' comeback.

'Putting them in microwave that you heat food in… I just couldn't,' one commented, highlighting the possible food hazard some fear it can cause.

'They would make the microwave stink,' another said.

'But I put my food in the microwave, not shoes,' a third commented.

Despite these reservations, Bella assures shoppers that the slippers are designed with hygiene in mind.

'You don't put the entire slipper in the microwave,' she said in a comment.

Instead, they come with a removable heat pack filled with a microwaveable material.

The slippers come in a fluffy faux fur exterior crafted from polyester for a soft touch.

The inner bag cover is made from cotton, ensuring comfort and durability.

It's a blend of practicality and indulgence, a little luxury for those who spend their days on their feet or seek extra comfort at home.

For those considering giving these slippers a try, remember to follow the instructions carefully to ensure safe use.

For those still on the fence, it's worth considering the benefits of having a pair of warm slippers ready at your convenience without worrying about electric cords or hot water bottles.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart Australia has relaunched its popular OXX Essentials Microwavable Slippers, known as a winter 'must-have' and a possible aid for sprained or tired feet.
  • Customers shared their excitement and intention to purchase the slippers on social media.
  • The microwavable slippers gained mixed reactions, with some customers expressing hygiene concerns over placing footwear in a food appliance.
  • While some users raised concerns, a shopper assures the slippers are designed with hygiene in mind.
What are your thoughts on these microwavable slippers? Share your opinions and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
No, definitely not, microwaving slippers (even if only the removable, sweaty heat packs) in the same kitchen appliance aside, the following description sealed it for me: "fluffy faux fur exterior crafted from polyester...." - I'll stick with my 100% sheepskin Uggboot slippers this winter (may be expensive but last years!)... possum fur socks are great for keeping your feet warm too!