King Charles bestows exclusive new titles on Prince William and Princess Catherine

In a regal announcement that has caught the attention of monarchists and royal watchers around the globe, King Charles has conferred new, prestigious titles upon Catherine, the Princess of Wales, and her husband, Prince William.

This move not only honours their contributions to public service but also marks a significant moment in their royal journey.

Catherine, 42, has been appointed a Royal Companion of The Order of Companions of Honour, a distinction established by King George V in 1917.

This illustrious order is reserved for those who have made remarkable achievements in various fields, such as the arts, sciences, medicine, and public service.

shutterstock_186607298.jpg
Prestigious titles were bestowed on the Prince and Princess of Wales. Credit: Shutterstock

The Princess of Wales has been a dedicated advocate in these areas, focusing on mental health, early childhood education, and the support of the arts.

Prince William, 41, has been graced with the title of Great Master of The Most Honourable Order of the Bath.

Despite its somewhat misleading name, this order has nothing to do with royal bathrooms but is instead a historic institution founded in 1725 by King George I. It honours distinguished service within the military and civil service sectors.

Prince William's new role as Great Master follows in the footsteps of his father, King Charles, who previously held the title when he was the Prince of Wales. This title has been borne by other notable royals, including Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, and Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn.

These new titles for Catherine and William were part of a broader announcement detailing several appointments within the Royal Family's Orders of Chivalry.

Queen Camilla has been elevated to Grand Master and First or Principal Dame Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, an order established by King George V in 1917 to honour contributions from both military and civilian members of society.

The royal announcements also had a touch of celebrity flair.

Renowned musical theatre composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, known for hits like Cats and The Phantom of the Opera, was named Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

This order is Britain's oldest and most senior Order of Chivalry and is celebrated with an annual procession and service at Windsor Castle.

In a poignant twist, these joyous announcements come at a time when King Charles himself is undergoing cancer treatment.

The King's diagnosis was made public following treatment for an enlarged prostate, and he has been described as 'over the moon' with the progress of his treatment.

Despite his health challenges, the King is reportedly eager to resume his royal duties and is looking forward to a planned royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, and Samoa later this year.

The tour's itinerary is said to have been adjusted to allow the king more rest and recovery time.

As King Charles and Princess Catherine focus on their health and recovery, Prince William and Queen Camilla have stepped forward to represent the royal family in their stead.
Key Takeaways
  • Catherine, Princess of Wales, has been appointed a Royal Companion of The Order of Companions of Honour, and Prince William has been made Great Master of The Most Honourable Order of the Bath.
  • The honours recognise their contributions to public service, with Catherine's work focusing on mental health, early childhood education, and the arts, while William's title is traditionally awarded for exemplary military or civil service.
  • Queen Camilla has been appointed Grand Master and First or Principal Dame Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, honouring a broad cross-section of society.
  • King Charles is undergoing cancer treatment but is eager to continue with his public role, and despite health challenges, he and Queen Camilla are planning a royal tour to Australia, New Zealand, and Samoa, with adjustments made for his recovery needs.
How do you feel about the new titles and the royal family's dedication to their roles amidst personal health battles? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Plenty of people have helped others and never get much recognition. I give my respects to those medical staff and aid workers trying to salve humanity in Gaza, whether living or wounded or traumatised or murdered.
this topic was of royalty and as to Gaza the sooner it is taken down the better off the world will be. Did you worry about families and children during world war 2. maybe go visit germany and the gas chambers,

Reactions: Luckyus
Pity the titles are so short. You would thing that a Grandiose Title would have Grandiose wordings

• Haha
Reactions: Wandiwa
Plenty of people have helped others and never get much recognition. I give my respects to those medical staff and aid workers trying to salve humanity in Gaza, whether living or wounded or traumatised or murdered.
I sincerely hope they are looking after the hostages taken last October and ensuring no rapes or no further rapes.

Poor old Harry. I think he did the wrong thing by leaving the family and living with the Yanks.

this topic was of royalty and as to Gaza the sooner it is taken down the better off the world will be. Did you worry about families and children during world war 2. maybe go visit germany and the gas chambers,
I am very familiar with history and with the heroic efforts of those of the Jewish religion who fought the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto. I merely compare the awards for those who are enjoying a priviliged life as future Heads of State with those not offered to those people (medical personnel and aid workers) who are suffering because they are doing their best under absolutely appalling circumstances, somewhat akin to those imposed by the Nazis during the battle in the Warsaw ghetto (that will stir a one-eyed possum or two), to alleviate the sufferings of others.

Is that un-Christian of me?

I am very familiar with history and with the heroic efforts of those of the Jewish religion who fought the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto. I merely compare the awards for those who are enjoying a priviliged life as future Heads of State with those not offered to those people (medical personnel and aid workers) who are suffering because they are doing their best under absolutely appalling circumstances, somewhat akin to those imposed by the Nazis during the battle in the Warsaw ghetto (that will stir a one-eyed possum or two), to alleviate the sufferings of others.

No. But it's off-topic.

my sympathies lie with the Jewish community and from your comment you are for Hamas. Children have been killed in all wars and getting upset over this war forget it. Hamas did not need to start it. Horrible, gruesome, and the worst kind on this planet. I sincerely hope the Jewish army wipe them out of oblivion. The sad part is we have Penny Wong bleating on about Palestine and upping their bank balance. DISGUSTING AS IS ALBO.

my sympathies lie with the Jewish community and from your comment you are for Hamas. Children have been killed in all wars and getting upset over this war forget it. Hamas did not need to start it. Horrible, gruesome, and the worst kind on this planet. I sincerely hope the Jewish army wipe them out of oblivion. The sad part is we have Penny Wong bleating on about Palestine and upping their bank balance. DISGUSTING AS IS ALBO.
I am simply opposed to mass murder, as a matter of principle. And International Law, which goes back to 1899 and 1907 when the Hague Convention was enunciated and perhaps even earlier to the Lieber Convention of 1863, accepts that medical personnel are non-combatants and should not be harmed. Likewise civilians. As for what has been going on in Palestine since 1915, read and understand history. As for ancient history, the Old Testament makes very unpleasant reading, starting with the murder of the first-born in Egypt.

Last edited: