King Charles and Queen Camilla announce their visit to Australia this year

As the leaves turn and the air grows crisp, Australians will have more than just the seasons change to talk about this year.

In a statement that has sparked conversations from the bustling streets of Sydney to the quietest corners of the Outback, Buckingham Palace has confirmed that King Charles III and Queen Camilla will grace Australian shores with a royal visit this October.

King Charles III, who ascended to the throne following the passing of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, in September 2022, has had a challenging start to his reign.

Earlier this year, the King was diagnosed with cancer, casting uncertainty over his planned engagements, including the much-anticipated visit to Australia.

shutterstock_2351258067.jpg
King Charles and Queen Camilla will visit Australia this year. Credit: Shutterstock

However, royal officials have confirmed that the King and Queen will visit New South Wales and the ACT as part of a broader royal tour to the Pacific region.

It will be one of King Charles' first major international tours since his coronation and his health scare.

‘Their Majesties The King and Queen will undertake an autumn tour in October 2024. This will include Royal Visits to Australia and Samoa, where their majesties will attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2024,’ a statement from Buckingham Palace said.

‘The King's doctors have advised that a further extension to their majesties' trip should be avoided at this time to prioritise His Majesty's continued recovery.’

‘As with all His Majesty's recent engagements, his programme in both countries will be subject to doctors' advice and any necessary modifications on health grounds.’

In a similar story, a Royal commentator revealed that King Charles felt a significant lack of closeness to his grandchildren and desired to see them more frequently.

A palace insider also revealed that King Charles addressed the jam dispute between him and Meghan Markle’s jam business.

The King said he wouldn’t ‘sink so low to compete with Meghan and her team. You can read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways
  • King Charles III and Queen Camilla are set to visit Australia later this year as part of an autumn tour in October 2024.
  • Their Majesties will attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2024, and the visit will include New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
  • King Charles's visit to Australia will be limited due to his recovery from cancer, following the advice from his doctors.
  • The royal couple's program may be subject to modifications based on the King's health and doctors' advice, ensuring that his recovery is prioritised.
Do you have any fond memories of previous royal tours? Share your stories and perspectives in the comments below!

• Sad
Reactions: marni
Sponsored
Oh please, these poor excuses for Royals, can stay home imo and keep the con going on the UK public, we don't need them here, their GGs are remind enough of how stupid people can be.

I’m glad they are not coming to Qld. I grew up in the UK and loved our former Queen like so many others. But this sorry pair can’t even keep their families business private. I have had enough of seeing the rubbish true or not about them all ! The late Queen would be turning in her grave if she could see what’s happening to her family.

Oh please, these poor excuses for Royals, can stay home imo and keep the con going on the UK public, we don't need them here, their GGs are remind enough of how stupid people can be.
Our governments chooses the Monarchies Governor General not the other way around plus if they come out as other than official status which is by invitation of the government at the time, then they are classed as private citizens. If I am mistaken in this then no doubt the shit will be dropped on me from a great height?

• Angry
Reactions: Jo Piper3
See Lorraine up in the pic. She just heard the news. Didn't go down so well. You'd reckon she would have a crack at getting a smile on the mush.

Not sure of the point of the visit, What it actually achieves.

Yeah, the cost thing. Better off sending the sheckels to kids in Gaza. Or sharing it amongst the Aussies in need. Maybe homeless women living in cars in Australia for a starter.

Or the 60 year old ladies I used to see when working the early hours shift at 2-3am leaning into wheelie bins for bottles and other gear to make some moolah for tucker.

See Lorraine up in the pic. She just heard the news. Didn't go down so well. You'd reckon she would have a crack at getting a smile on the mush.

Not sure of the point of the visit, What it actually achieves.

Yeah, the cost thing. Better off sending the sheckels to kids in Gaza. Or sharing it amongst the Aussies in need. Maybe homeless women living in cars in Australia for a starter.

Or the 60 year old ladies I used to see when working the early hours shift at 2-3am leaning into wheelie bins for bottles and other gear to make some moolah for tucker.
Don't get me wrong I agree with you, it's alright for these arseholes in parliament, yes we voted them into (some of must have, although won't own it?) power because of the shite we had. Now although they got the vote we certainly unfortunately in my view don't have any say in their remuneration? I often think that if you added up all their latest rise from these elected officials, how much could have been redistributed to all genuine pensioners probably only a few dollars but what a superb PR action it would be/ However that would never work in todays political climes, as politicians don't seem to br driven by ideology but rather avarice. But enough of this drivel won't make the slightest bit of difference than Politicians Phuck them all bar six, use those as pallbearers, then they can Phuck themselves.

I'll have to beg them off this time.
The soccer season will be starting again, and I just cannot afford the spare time to offer a royal lamb roast.
Disappointment will reign supreme ... however ... I have my priorities.

Reactions: JimmyFlatrock
I have never seen many SDC comments NOT be nasty! Just a question of which comments are considered as nasty. As far as nasty goes - these comments do not qualify in the scheme of things! But, the royal family is taboo on here...apparently! Selective!

I have never seen many SDC comments NOT be nasty! Just a question of which comments are considered as nasty. As far as nasty goes - these comments do not qualify in the scheme of things! But, the royal family is taboo on here...apparently! Selective!

Voice your opinions but some of the rheteric is uncalled for. SDC is getting nasty
I agree but lets jst be