Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Kentucky Fried Chicken

compressed-Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 5.13.13 PM.jpeg
Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When

Do you remember when KFC first came to Australia? It’s been over 50 years since the Colonel opened his first KFC in Sydney. With just 25 staff, the first KFC served up ‘Thrift Box’ deals containing nine pieces of the Colonel’s Secret Recipe chicken, sold for a very reasonable $1.59! A bucket of nine pieces of chicken today would set you back almost $25! Do you have fond memories of those early days at KFC? Tell us here.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotNats
Kentucky Fried Chicken

Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When

Do you remember when KFC first came to Australia? It’s been over 50 years since the Colonel opened his first KFC in Sydney. With just 25 staff, the first KFC served up ‘Thrift Box’ deals containing nine pieces of the Colonel’s Secret Recipe chicken, sold for a very reasonable $1.59! A bucket of nine pieces of chicken today would set you back almost $25! Do you have fond memories of those early days at KFC? Tell us here.
if you drive by (or Google Map search) 77 Sydney Rd, Kelso NSW 2795 you will see one of these buildings still standing but now its called KC SeaFood.

I was a new store opening manager and I opened the store in Gladstone and the store in Maryborough in Queensland. Both stores were a huge success when I opened the Gladstone store we had customers out the door and down the street every day for the first week we couldn’t cook chicken fast enough The same happened in Maryborough.i opened the Maryborough store with two warmers full of chicken and this still wasn’t enough I have fond memories of that store because this is where I met my wife and we just celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary

Reactions: NotNats
Right back at you. I also got food poisoning from KFC 40 odd years ago and also have never eaten it again.

Reactions: Wandiwa