Julia Morris talks all things divorce and sex: 'I'm done with it'

At 54, veteran comedian and presenter Julia Morris has seen and done it all – she's been in the entertainment industry for decades, has hosted some of Australia's most popular TV shows, and is a mum of two.

But despite all her success and experience, there's one thing that Julia says she hasn't done in a long time – and doesn't plan on doing any time soon.

In a recent interview on The Kyle & Jackie O Show, the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! host made a surprising confession about her sex life: since getting divorced from Dan Thomas last year, she says she expects to stay celibate for the indefinite future.

'Do you know what? I think I'll shut up shop,' Julia said matter-of-factly when asked about her love life post-divorce. 'I'm done with roots.'

'Before I got married… I had a go,' she added. 'It's not like I'm missing out now I'm back out there.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 11.54.39 AM.png
Julia says she's 'done with sex' post-divorce. Credit: Channel 10.

Hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie 'O' Henderson were both taken aback by Julia's admission, but as the award-winning host later clarified, there was nothing 'tricky' that led to her divorce – it was simply a case of two people who'd grown apart over time.

'We were just time up. I was just like, "Are we seriously doing this?" and he was like, "I know",' she went on to say.

'I just think with work and life and definitely raising children, we just got lazy in the end.'

While some people might see being single again at 54 as daunting or depressing, Julia says she loves finally having some freedom in her life – even if that does mean saying goodbye to sex.

Elsewhere in the interview with The Kyle & Jackie O Show team, Julia opened up about how much fun renovating her house has been since moving out of the family home last year, including making one entire room pink and fluffy!
Key Takeaways

• Julia Morris has made a surprising confession about her sex life, revealing that she expects to stay celibate for the indefinite future.
  • The 54-year-old TV host said that she's 'done with sex for good' after splitting from her husband, Dan Thomas, last year.
  • The mother-of-two went on to exclaim that being divorced is 'the best-kept secret' and that she loves her single life.
It sounds like things are going well for our girl Julia following her split – we wish continued happiness for whatever comes next!

What are your thoughts, members? Do you find yourself agreeing with her? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
At 54, veteran comedian and presenter Julia Morris has seen and done it all – she's been in the entertainment industry for decades, has hosted some of Australia's most popular TV shows, and is a mum of two.

But despite all her success and experience, there's one thing that Julia says she hasn't done in a long time – and doesn't plan on doing any time soon.

In a recent interview on The Kyle & Jackie O Show, the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! host made a surprising confession about her sex life: since getting divorced from Dan Thomas last year, she says she expects to stay celibate for the indefinite future.

'Do you know what? I think I'll shut up shop,' Julia said matter-of-factly when asked about her love life post-divorce. 'I'm done with roots.'

'Before I got married… I had a go,' she added. 'It's not like I'm missing out now I'm back out there.'

View attachment 8253

Hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie 'O' Henderson were both taken aback by Julia's admission, but as the award-winning host later clarified, there was nothing 'tricky' that led to her divorce – it was simply a case of two people who'd grown apart over time.

'We were just time up. I was just like, "Are we seriously doing this?" and he was like, "I know",' she went on to say.

'I just think with work and life and definitely raising children, we just got lazy in the end.'

While some people might see being single again at 54 as daunting or depressing, Julia says she loves finally having some freedom in her life – even if that does mean saying goodbye to sex.

Elsewhere in the interview with The Kyle & Jackie O Show team, Julia opened up about how much fun renovating her house has been since moving out of the family home last year, including making one entire room pink and fluffy!
Key Takeaways

• Julia Morris has made a surprising confession about her sex life, revealing that she expects to stay celibate for the indefinite future.
  • The 54-year-old TV host said that she's 'done with sex for good' after splitting from her husband, Dan Thomas, last year.
  • The mother-of-two went on to exclaim that being divorced is 'the best-kept secret' and that she loves her single life.
It sounds like things are going well for our girl Julia following her split – we wish continued happiness for whatever comes next!

What are your thoughts, members? Do you find yourself agreeing with her? Let us know in the comments!
Nothing else like freedom of choice to do what ever you and don't have answers to anyone congratulations ✨️ sister

View attachment 8253

Key Takeaways

I left a marriage of 25 years at 54. It was the first time in my life I had been alone.
I was happy on my own and learned about me but at 59 met who I believe will be my life long love. There are seasons in our lives. Enjoy Julia …. I can relate to your pink room.

View attachment 8253

Key Takeaways

The BIG Question is what drove them apart? I have been married 54 years and like all marriages you have to work at it.

View attachment 8253

Key Takeaways

Each to their own I guess, but perhaps she didn’t have a giving partner. A sexually unselfish partner could make all the difference.

Me and my wife have been married for 41 years and we have always had our own space and time that's the trick don't think you own a person
We have been married 50 years & when my wife asks if l mind her going to a function without me, l tell her she is free to do as she wishes.

I did hear of a gent who was asked:- What is the secret to your long marriage. He replied, "We take the time to go to a restaurant twice a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music & dancing. She goes Tuesday & l go Fridays".

Who cares??
I don’t understand what some of the articles or stories posted here, has to do with “Seniors Discount Club” 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I thought we would get ways of buying bargains, how to get them, where to get them, etc………..that’s why I signed as a member 🤨🤨

Who cares??
I don’t understand what some of the articles or stories posted here, has to do with “Seniors Discount Club” 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I thought we would get ways of buying bargains, how to get them, where to get them, etc………..that’s why I signed as a member 🤨🤨
You may wish to try Seniors Discount by Coupons 65. Discounts up to 50% are offered daily, however these products appear to come from USA & prices are advertised in $US.

Your local Shire Council may have a book of discounts offered by retailers in a reasonable area from you, a publication for Seniors published by a Senior's Council in your state for your Metro area.

Reactions: Ricci
You may wish to try Seniors Discount by Coupons 65. Discounts up to 50% are offered daily, however these products appear to come from USA & prices are advertised in $US.

Your local Shire Council may have a book of discounts offered by retailers in a reasonable area from you, a publication for Seniors published by a Senior's Council in your state for your Metro area.
ISN'T THIS JUST GREAT... A bunch of disgruntled women patting each other on the back for booting a husband, taking half his savings and super, risking STD every weekend, then blaming him for the bust-up AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF... TELLS GROOVY TO SHOVE OFF?

• Sad
ISN'T THIS JUST GREAT... A bunch of disgruntled women patting each other on the back for booting a husband, taking half his savings and super, risking STD every weekend, then blaming him for the bust-up AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF... TELLS GROOVY TO SHOVE OFF?
I'm sorry you feel so aggrieved.:(

Reactions: Ezzy

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy
Oh no……Ezzy, Rici and Vet543, is it me the GROOVY you mentioned in your replies? If it is, it wasn’t my intention to cause any problem with anyone. Sorry about that 🤦🏻🤦🏻

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Who cares??
Well, I agree with you ! Garbage gossip from the gutter press has absolutely nothing to do with discounts for seniors - that is a fact! but it seems some of us enjoy being able to say how disgusted we are about things sometimes 😂 ? I know I do, especially on rainy miserable days 🤣
I have noticed that every 'story' repeated here has been on what I call the online rubbish newsfeed in previous days. I now skip past all the trash masquerading as news - seriously, since when are TV shows, Influencers, Twitter, Instagram stories etc, news? (which used to be separated into hard/real and soft/entertainment) in the Fairfax & Murdoch press & even the ABC & read it here instead 😉

• Sad