Valerie Evans

Feb 23, 2022
Introducing myself

Hi all, I am a mother of 5, Grandmother of 10.
After 2 domestic violent relationships I bought 4 of my children up on my own.
I helped raise my youngest daughters 2 girls and they moved away from home 3 years ago, but they visit regularly.
My eldest grandchild is 24 the youngest is turning 1 next month.
I am on disability as my body has suffered from the abuse I have received.
I am Indigenous, my favourite thing to do is spend time with the children.
My days are spent on the laptop playing games and enjoying conversation with others as I don't leave my home.
My wishes are simple, I wish happiness and good health for everyone, this world can be so cruel.

Hello, @Valerie Evans ! Thank you for being brave enough to share your story with us. We're very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced. It's heartbreaking and I genuinely wish we could extend a warm and tight hug.

The world can indeed be cruel but I hope the SDC can become a safe space for you to turn to. You're more than welcome to interact with anyone here and participate in the forums.

Just as a way to get to know you better, can you share with us some of the favourite games you play on your laptop?

We're looking forward to hearing from you on here! ☺️ Take care always.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
Hello, @Valerie Evans ! Thank you for being brave enough to share your story with us. We're very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced. It's heartbreaking and I genuinely wish we could extend a warm and tight hug.

The world can indeed be cruel but I hope the SDC can become a safe space for you to turn to. You're more than welcome to interact with anyone here and participate in the forums.

Just as a way to get to know you better, can you share with us some of the favourite games you play on your laptop?

We're looking forward to hearing from you on here! ☺️ Take care always.
Thank you hun :)

I love to play Farmville 2 on Facebook but I also play on a virtual pet site called marapets. It passes my time and it calms me :)

Hi all, I am a mother of 5, Grandmother of 10.
After 2 domestic violent relationships I bought 4 of my children up on my own.
I helped raise my youngest daughters 2 girls and they moved away from home 3 years ago, but they visit regularly.
My eldest grandchild is 24 the youngest is turning 1 next month.
I am on disability as my body has suffered from the abuse I have received.
I am Indigenous, my favourite thing to do is spend time with the children.
My days are spent on the laptop playing games and enjoying conversation with others as I don't leave my home.
My wishes are simple, I wish happiness and good health for everyone, this world can be so cruel.
@Valerie Evans your bravery has touched our teams heart! Thank you for sharing your story, although horrific, it is very clear you're an incredibly strong and brave woman and we are honoured to have you join our community.

Both Jon and I were raised by single mothers, so we can both really relate to your story. My Mum is my hero and every single day I am so grateful for all the sacrifices she made for myself, my older brother and my younger sister. She is my rock and there is just something really special about single Mum's raising their kids, a tight knit bond that seems to be quite unique to these little families ❤️

I hope you find a safe, loving community here at the SDC ❤️

Thank you so much for your kind words <3
I am so proud of the way my kids have grown.
I am also hear if anyone needs a shoulder of a good listening ear,
I try to help the younger generation now, after my life I try to steer young girls on the right path. Relationships can be so hard as sometimes a wolf will dress in sheep's clothing to lure them in and then once they have them they show their true colours and it is extremely hard to get out of a toxic relationship.

• Love
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I couldn't agree more with you Valerie. It's so amazing to hear you're helping the younger generations! How lucky they are to have you!
Thank you so much for your kind words <3
I am so proud of the way my kids have grown.
I am also hear if anyone needs a shoulder of a good listening ear,
I try to help the younger generation now, after my life I try to steer young girls on the right path. Relationships can be so hard as sometimes a wolf will dress in sheep's clothing to lure them in and then once they have them they show their true colours and it is extremely hard to get out of a toxic relationship.