Internet split over Kmart's $3 item: ‘What’s the point…’

It’s no surprise that Kmart is popular among Aussies; after all, this superstore offers almost everything under the sun.

However, one particular item from Kmart has stirred up mixed reactions.

A Kmart fan shared on social media a new $3 Cordless Jump Rope designed for safe indoor use.

The peculiar offering is made up of two separate handles tied to balls by a bit of string. It looks innocent enough—but its ‘cordless’ aspect has many shoppers confused.

‘I'm not often lost for words…’ a user wrote, alongside a photo of the cordless jump rope.

One comment given to Yahoo Lifestyle read: ‘I am imagining sitting in my recliner chair and swinging one with my foot while watching the soapies! Exercise done!’

2f905190-6653-11ee-bd2b-49818c3aea38.jpg
Kmart shoppers are divided over a $3 item, with some loving it and others deeming it ‘dangerous’. Image source: Kmart

Many other social media users were surprised by the item, with one adding: ‘But… just jump up and down turning your arms around to the side? What’s the point of holding handles when there’s nothing to jump over?’

‘I'd still trip on it,’ another user said.

Others took the opportunity to chime in with a few cheeky observations.

‘So, just jumping then lol (laughing out loud),’ a third user said, which another agreed with: ‘For $3! It means more if you have to pay for it.’

‘This will go perfectly with my tyre-less bicycle,’ someone else said.

‘Suddenly double-unders (a form of rope jumping where the rope passes under the feet twice for each jump) seem achievable,’ another remarked, with one pointing out, ‘looks dangerous’.

However, many others held different opinions.

One user wrote, ‘Maybe useful to someone who lives in a small apartment and doesn't have room for a rope to be swinging around into furniture etc.’

‘I imagine that's a great way to get the same workout that skipping gives but without a tripping hazard. Could be good for rehab!’ another said.

‘Also, I think skippers who compete could use these as a way to train higher level skills, simulating the weight and rhythm but without the stress of tripping whilst learning new acro skills etc.’

‘Also useful for skipping indoors and/or small spaces. No rope to whip off your lamp shades or tangle in your dining room chairs,’ a third agreed.

Cordless jump rope exercise ideas. Video source: Zap Fit

‘Genuinely think this would be useful for skipping indoors,’ someone else added. ‘I needed to do skipping for some Achilles tendon rehab but the rope I had would hit the ceiling. And as dumb as it sounds, jumping on the spot just doesn’t have the same feel to it mentally.’

‘I get the stupidness of it, but it’s actually useful, I have a toddler who tries to jump in with me every time I have the rope, so using this makes it easier for me to exercise while also making sure my toddler doesn’t faceplant trying to join me,’ one user shared.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers shared their surprise at a new $3 Cordless Jump Rope on social media.
  • The product, which allows users to mimic the action of skipping without an actual rope, drew mixed reactions from the public.
  • Some users joked about the seemingly pointless item, while others pointed out its practicality in indoor or limited spaces.
  • Several commenters also highlighted the potential use of the cordless rope in rehab or in situations where a regular rope could pose a hazard.
Members, what are your thoughts on this item? Do you find it useful, or can you think of other scenarios where it might be particularly well-suited? Please share your ideas in the comments section below!

Sponsored
It’s no surprise that Kmart is popular among Aussies; after all, this superstore offers almost everything under the sun.

A Kmart fan shared on social media a new $3 Cordless Jump Rope designed for safe indoor use.

The peculiar offering is made up of two separate handles tied to balls by a bit of string. It looks innocent enough—but its ‘cordless’ aspect has many shoppers confused.

‘I'm not often lost for words…’ a user wrote, alongside a photo of the cordless jump rope.

One comment given to Yahoo Lifestyle read: ‘I am imagining sitting in my recliner chair and swinging one with my foot while watching the soapies! Exercise done!’

View attachment 32030
Kmart shoppers are divided over a $3 item, with some loving it and others deeming it ‘dangerous’. Image source: Kmart

Many other social media users were surprised by the item, with one adding: ‘But… just jump up and down turning your arms around to the side? What’s the point of holding handles when there’s nothing to jump over?’

‘So, just jumping then lol (laughing out loud),’ a third user said, which another agreed with: ‘For $3! It means more if you have to pay for it.’

‘Suddenly double-unders (a form of rope jumping where the rope passes under the feet twice for each jump) seem achievable,’ another remarked, with one pointing out, ‘looks dangerous’.

One user wrote, ‘Maybe useful to someone who lives in a small apartment and doesn't have room for a rope to be swinging around into furniture etc.’

‘I imagine that's a great way to get the same workout that skipping gives but without a tripping hazard. Could be good for rehab!’ another said.

‘Also, I think skippers who compete could use these as a way to train higher level skills, simulating the weight and rhythm but without the stress of tripping whilst learning new acro skills etc.’

‘Also useful for skipping indoors and/or small spaces. No rope to whip off your lamp shades or tangle in your dining room chairs,’ a third agreed.

‘Genuinely think this would be useful for skipping indoors,’ someone else added. ‘I needed to do skipping for some Achilles tendon rehab but the rope I had would hit the ceiling. And as dumb as it sounds, jumping on the spot just doesn’t have the same feel to it mentally.’

‘I get the stupidness of it, but it’s actually useful, I have a toddler who tries to jump in with me every time I have the rope, so using this makes it easier for me to exercise while also making sure my toddler doesn’t faceplant trying to join me,’ one user shared.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers shared their surprise at a new $3 Cordless Jump Rope on social media.
  • The product, which allows users to mimic the action of skipping without an actual rope, drew mixed reactions from the public.
  • Some users joked about the seemingly pointless item, while others pointed out its practicality in indoor or limited spaces.
  • Several commenters also highlighted the potential use of the cordless rope in rehab or in situations where a regular rope could pose a hazard.
Members, what are your thoughts on this item? Do you find it useful, or can you think of other scenarios where it might be particularly well-suited? Please share your ideas in the comments section below!

yes knowing me and "Murphy's" Law I would definitely trip over it

View attachment 32030

Key Takeaways

While people are silly enough to buy it Kmart will sell it Nobody has to buy it so what is the point if it’s going VIRAL there making money

Reactions: Ricci and PattiB

View attachment 32030

Key Takeaways

Sorry, BUT WHAT! Now I've read and heard it all. Are you all using one of those mini trampolines as well, or are you all over 6ft tall. And I would be more concerned about hitting my toddler with the balls. And I also remember this same silly gadget back in the 80's, I died laughing back then too.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 32030

Key Takeaways

A terrific idea !!