Hello everyone, I'm the New Girl on your block, and my grandkids call me "Yia-Yia". I'm in my mid-eighties, fairly wobbly nowadays, with a bit of physical disability to put up with, but I like to keep smiling anyway. I used to teach, (a hundred years ago/ last century!), and was always a volunteer in whichever community I found myself residing. I've three delightful middle-aged kids, 2 teenage grandsons and 2 little granddaughters. I love to read, to write, to paint & draw, and I adore gardening. As I'm not so active now, the garden gets short shrift, and I have become an avid fan of puzzles instead - (you can do puzzles sitting with damaged limbs, but not a great deal of horticulture!) I do treasure my faith , my independence and a certain amount of privacy, but over the past dozen years or so, since being widowed, I've made many good friends in our pretty retirement village and through Church. I surrendered my driving license when my health declined markedly about 4 or 5 years ago, and I gave my little car to my younger daughter (in another city down south). It came as a painful shock, after 60 years as a motorist, losing my 'wheels', as some of you will agree. I'd rather not be a danger to myself or to the other drivers on the roads, though! It amazes me how some elderly drivers, especially proud gentlemen, insist on driving well into their frail nineties, but then are found kicking and screaming against the inevitable, when their doctor finally has to deny them permission to continue! We're a contrary lot sometimes!

Reactions: Jevs
Hi everyone!
I’m from the Shoalhaven area of NSW, still working full time until October.

Hi, my name is Mario, I have been reading these articles with great interest, it's good to keep up with current news as you never know when until you read these articles if it is useful.
Cheers
MARIO

Good Morning Everyone,
My name is Vanessa , I live in Sydney in a beautiful area surrounded by the Golf Course . I recently lost my husband to mesothelioma .We were boyfriend and girlfriend for 6 years and married for 40years ,enjoyed every moment of every day .Miss him a lot .
We have a son and 2 daughters , 4 grandsons ,looking forward to a granddaughter in the near future .
I look forward to seeing posts from the group and thank you for accepting me as a member.
To all the members keep healthy and safe
regards

Hi Im Kel a new member
Welcome to the SDC community Kel! Pleasure to have you on board! Do you have any hobbies or interests that you're keen on exploring here? Whether it's cooking, gardening, or perhaps even photography, there's a spot for everyone. Feel free to jump into any conversation or start your own thread - we're all here to support and engage with each other. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello everyone, I'm the New Girl on your block, and my grandkids call me "Yia-Yia". I'm in my mid-eighties, fairly wobbly nowadays, with a bit of physical disability to put up with, but I like to keep smiling anyway. I used to teach, (a hundred years ago/ last century!), and was always a volunteer in whichever community I found myself residing. I've three delightful middle-aged kids, 2 teenage grandsons and 2 little granddaughters. I love to read, to write, to paint & draw, and I adore gardening. As I'm not so active now, the garden gets short shrift, and I have become an avid fan of puzzles instead - (you can do puzzles sitting with damaged limbs, but not a great deal of horticulture!) I do treasure my faith , my independence and a certain amount of privacy, but over the past dozen years or so, since being widowed, I've made many good friends in our pretty retirement village and through Church. I surrendered my driving license when my health declined markedly about 4 or 5 years ago, and I gave my little car to my younger daughter (in another city down south). It came as a painful shock, after 60 years as a motorist, losing my 'wheels', as some of you will agree. I'd rather not be a danger to myself or to the other drivers on the roads, though! It amazes me how some elderly drivers, especially proud gentlemen, insist on driving well into their frail nineties, but then are found kicking and screaming against the inevitable, when their doctor finally has to deny them permission to continue! We're a contrary lot sometimes!
Welcome to the SDC community @Yia-Yia ! Thank you for joining us and for sharing all of these details about yourself! With all of these hobbies and interests you have, I'm sure you'll find like-minded people in the forum you can share tips and tricks with so please feel free to explore our different forums! See you around! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi everyone!
I’m from the Shoalhaven area of NSW, still working full time until October.
Welcome to the SDC community @Jevs ! It's absolutely lovely to have you join us. I hope you find this place as welcoming and fun as we aim to make it. Is there anything specific you're interested in exploring here? Whether it be hobbies, deals, or just having a bit of a chat, we've got a little something for everyone. Feel free to share a bit about yourself. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Looking forward to seeing you around! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi, I am Akram, and I am new member in your club.

Have a good day
Welcome to the SDC community, Akram! It's lovely to have you join us. 😊 I'm sure you'll find tons of interesting information and lots of friendly, like-minded people here who are also excited to say hello. Since you're just getting started, is there anything particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps hobbies, travel tips, or maybe some cooking recipes? Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the discussions, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Thank you for joining us @Brett V Saunders ! It's absolutely lovely to have you join our community. I hope you find this place as welcoming and fun as we aim to make it. Is there anything specific you're interested in exploring here? Whether it be hobbies, deals, or just having a bit of a chat, we've got a little something for everyone. Feel free to share a bit about yourself. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello everyone nice to be on here.
Maree
Thank you for joining us Maree! Welcome to the SDC community! Do you have any hobbies or interests that you're keen on exploring here? Whether it's cooking, gardening, or perhaps even photography, there's a spot for everyone. Feel free to jump into any conversation or start your own thread - we're all here to support and engage with each other. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

HI all, my name is David and I am happy to be here 😊
Welcome to the SDC community, David! It's lovely to have you join us. 😊 I'm sure you'll find tons of interesting information and lots of friendly, like-minded people here who are also excited to say hello. Since you're just getting started, is there anything particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps hobbies, travel tips, or maybe some cooking recipes? Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the discussions, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi I’m Craft and looking forward to being part of this group
Welcome to the SDC community @Craft ! Pleasure to have you on board! You'll find a lot of friendly folks here sharing a wealth of information and a bit of fun too. Since you're just getting started, is there anything in particular you're interested in exploring? Perhaps a hobby or something new you'd like to learn about? Feel free to share a bit about your interests or what you're hoping to find on the forum. It'll help me point you in the right direction. Looking forward to getting to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi, my name is Mario, I have been reading these articles with great interest, it's good to keep up with current news as you never know when until you read these articles if it is useful.
Cheers
MARIO
Thank you for joining us, Mario! It's absolutely lovely to have you join our community. I hope you find this place as welcoming and fun as we aim to make it. Is there anything specific you're interested in exploring here? Whether it be hobbies, deals, or just having a bit of a chat, we've got a little something for everyone. Feel free to share a bit about yourself. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Good Morning Everyone,
My name is Vanessa , I live in Sydney in a beautiful area surrounded by the Golf Course . I recently lost my husband to mesothelioma .We were boyfriend and girlfriend for 6 years and married for 40years ,enjoyed every moment of every day .Miss him a lot .
We have a son and 2 daughters , 4 grandsons ,looking forward to a granddaughter in the near future .
I look forward to seeing posts from the group and thank you for accepting me as a member.
To all the members keep healthy and safe
regards
Welcome to the SDC community @nessa6 ! Thank you for joining us! I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I'm still glad to know you're surrounded by family. We're here for you if you need anything! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!