Hi all
I’m 63 and live in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs. I enjoy reading some of the articles and comments, but I note some people just can’t help themselves to whinge and bitch about politics. At the top of the New Members welcome is a request to leave political statements in that forum.
I was interested in the article about the big retailers, then had to wade through political grandstanding. It’s very simple, but I have to put up with these whingers everywhere. I don’t have a problem to leave the group if that’s what it takes to avoid it.
Aside from that, I hope to enjoy the group.
Cheers
Hello, @Redline3810! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're glad to have you join the community!

It's understandable that you'd prefer to focus on topics beyond politics, and we appreciate your feedback on keeping discussions aligned with the group's guidelines.

We're here to foster engaging and enjoyable discussions on various topics, so if you have any specific interests or topics you'd like to explore, feel free to let us know.

Welcome aboard, and we hope you find plenty of enjoyable content here!

Reactions: Ingot
Hello, @Ingot! Welcome to SDC! 😊

Thanks for sharing your fascinating journey with us! It's inspiring to read how you've navigated through various careers and life experiences.

Your dedication to helping others, both professionally and personally, is truly admirable. It's wonderful to have you as part of our community, and we're grateful for your contributions and insights.

If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Our best wishes to you and your family.
Thank you so much - lovely welcome.
:D

• Love
Reactions: Athena E.
Greetings all,
I'm from Perth, I turned 80 last year. I still work part time and weekly help a church giving food to the needy.
Just found this site earlier and hope to give and get information/tips etc. to help in our daily lives..

Dolsiman

Reactions: Ingot
Hello peoples, My name is Sue and I have just joined the group. I love gardening, my fur baby (Rotty) and love helping people :)

Jacqueline Robinson, thank you for allowing me to receive the SENIORS DISCOUNT BOOK, it will be very handy for me.

Hello I am...Elizabeth known as Jannet
From South Africa very happy to say I am now an Australian for the last 16 years and loving it...

G'day everyone. My name is Andrew. Just turned 60 last year and am trying to stay healthy and face the challenges of the 21st century.

Greetings all,
I'm from Perth, I turned 80 last year. I still work part time and weekly help a church giving food to the needy.
Just found this site earlier and hope to give and get information/tips etc. to help in our daily lives..

Dolsiman
Welcome to the SDC community @Dolsiman ! Pleasure to have you on board! Glad to know you're still active at 80! And so very kind of you to volunteer time to help the needy! ❤️ Please feel free to explore our different forums, I'm sure you'll find something that will interest you! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi all 👋🏻 and thankyou for the welcome.
Hello @Nanny Mandy ! Thank you for joining us! Welcome to the SDC community! Can you tell us a little bit more about yourself? Please let us know about your interests and hobbies, I just might be able to point you in the right direction on which forums to explore! :giggle: Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Evening all,I'm Stuart,recently left work,waiting to see what happens next.
Thank you for joining us Stuart! Welcome to the SDC community! Care to share a little bit about yourself? We would love to get to know you better! Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello peoples, My name is Sue and I have just joined the group. I love gardening, my fur baby (Rotty) and love helping people :)
Thank you for joining us Sue! Welcome to the SDC community! We have just the right subforum for your love of gardening, the Gardener's Corner. Please feel free to explore and join in the conversations, too! Also, kisses to Rotty, please! 🐶 Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Jacqueline Robinson, thank you for allowing me to receive the SENIORS DISCOUNT BOOK, it will be very handy for me.
Welcome to the SDC community @tifanybo ! Thank you for joining us! We hope you find the seniors discount ebook truly helpful! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hello I am...Elizabeth known as Jannet
From South Africa very happy to say I am now an Australian for the last 16 years and loving it...
Welcome to the SDC community Jannet! Thank you for joining us! Care to share a little bit about yourself? We would love to get to know you better! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

G'day everyone. My name is Andrew. Just turned 60 last year and am trying to stay healthy and face the challenges of the 21st century.
Thank you for joining us Andrew! Welcome to the SDC community! There are a lot of new things to learn and awesome people to meet! Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the discussions, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi guys my husband and I are new members
Thank you for joining us @PamGeo ! Welcome to the SDC community! Would you mind sharing a few details about yourself? We're eager to get to know you better! Please feel free to explore our different forums and join in the conversations, too! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Hi guys. Just joined today. I'm retired, just had my 2nd cataract op, and back to golf 3 weeks later, Yahoo! It's nice to be a part of the SDC, cheers :LOL: