SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?

Hello, lovely members! My list of must-watch movies has been running low – and I need your help building it back up.

mollie-sivaram-yubCnXAA3H8-unsplash.jpg
Source: Pexels

So, if you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why? I would absolutely love to hear your movie recommendations and watch them over the weekend. Share the reason why you picked that particular film too and let's have a fun chat about it!

Reactions: Liag and Esma Rose
'The Adventures of Robin Hood' starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. This was the first movie I remember seeing and even though it came out in 1938 (9 years before I was born), it still ranks as one of my favourite films.
Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland were at the peak of their film careers and the technicolour was glorious.
More recent Hollywood films like the Indiana Jones series and even Star Wars owe a lot to this film with it's wonderful mix of high adventure action, with touches of feel good humour. There's something there for all ages.

So many to choose from. I have always loved "Paint Your Wagon," a light hearted Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood gold rush movie. It was the highlight of my conscription period during the Vietnam war. I didn't know the female lead Jean Seberg. Interestingly enough, my favourite Martian actor is the mate of Marvin and Eastwood. Marvin plays a superb drunk.
As for the other films, how can we choose? Casablanca? The Third Man? The Maltese Falcon? Across the Pacific? The Robe? The Ten Commandments? The Dam Busters? The Guns of Navarone? High Noon? Raiders of the Lost Ark? The Amazing Doctor Clitterhouse? North by Northwest? Psycho? Rear Window? Dial M for Murder? Wizard of Oz?⁴ The Road Films? There are so many, I must stop now.

So many to choose from. I have always loved "Paint Your Wagon," a light hearted Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood gold rush movie. It was the highlight of my conscription period during the Vietnam war. I didn't know the female lead Jean Seberg. Interestingly enough, my favourite Martian actor is the mate of Marvin and Eastwood. Marvin plays a superb drunk.
As for the other films, how can we choose? Casablanca? The Third Man? The Maltese Falcon? Across the Pacific? The Robe? The Ten Commandments? The Dam Busters? The Guns of Navarone? High Noon? Raiders of the Lost Ark? The Amazing Doctor Clitterhouse? North by Northwest? Psycho? Rear Window? Dial M for Murder? Wizard of Oz?⁴ The Road Films? There are so many, I must stop now.
I forgot Mary Poppins.

Hello, lovely members! My list of must-watch movies has been running low – and I need your help building it back up.

View attachment 22348

So, if you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why? I would absolutely love to hear your movie recommendations and watch them over the weekend. Share the reason why you picked that particular film too and let's have a fun chat about it!
BONDI VET is the best film and no rude scenes no swear words or any foul language and we can learn a lot of unselfish service to others and see the beautiful country side of Australia and also of England.

View attachment 22348

The Sound of Music. It was the movie I shared in Sydney (in mid 1967, I think) as a first date with my late wife. Brings back great memories!

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Rustlers Rapsidy. A Western with Tom Berlinson and his horse. A send up of a western done in modern days with the 50s story remember all the old stories I bought the DVD from USA and a multi region player just to watch it again.

View attachment 22348

Mine also would be The Shawshank Redemption...and a good girlie movie would be The Notebook