If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Hello, everyone! It's the weekend once again, but a special one: Mother's Day! It's the time of the year when we can show our dear mums, wives, and friends some much-deserved love.

That leads us to our question: If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Maddie says for her mum, it would be 'generosity', which speaks volumes without saying much at all about the kind of woman she is.

View attachment 19655
Image Credit: Unsplash

Mine would be 'many', recognising that who I am now (for better or for worse) has been shaped in part by three wonderful women: my mum, my aunt, and my step-mum. They each raised me at certain points in my life, so as you can imagine, the word 'mum' for me evokes three faces instead of the usual one.

But enough about us. What about you, dearest members?
My mum was love to her 5 children and to all who met her

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
Inspirational My poor mother suffered in silence for many years with accute arthritis pain that crippled her so badly that she hardly left her lounge chair. I now suffer with it as well and how she coped with it never complaining still amazes me

Despise is the word for my mother. She left me in the hospital after she had me, abandoned me and my sister to a Childrens home in NSW, we were there for 7 years, our grandma used to take us home to her garage she lived in very school holidays in summer. My grandparents were very poor but very kind. My mother took us back after she had another child and expected us to mind that child, then when the child was school age we were again put into a childrens home which we ran away from at 14 & 15 because of sexual abuse and being beaten because I wouldn't tow the line. I was thrown down the stairs naked because I refused to get into dirty cold bath with scum on the top. I was made to stand outside the matrons office naked until 8 P.M with all the kids walking past me to the dining room and back. I suffered spinal damage and next morning couldn't get out of bed and because I had wet the bed I was transferred to the baby's wing. Every morning I wet the bed I was made to stand in the hallway with the wet sheet over my head,I was laughed at, teased and always smelt of wee. Berrida Red Cross Home in Bowral was a home of horror that has affected me all my life. Thinking about it now I would change the word to hate, that I feel for my so called mother

If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Hello, everyone! It's the weekend once again, but a special one: Mother's Day! It's the time of the year when we can show our dear mums, wives, and friends some much-deserved love.

That leads us to our question: If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Maddie says for her mum, it would be 'generosity', which speaks volumes without saying much at all about the kind of woman she is.

View attachment 19655

Mine would be 'many', recognising that who I am now (for better or for worse) has been shaped in part by three wonderful women: my mum, my aunt, and my step-mum. They each raised me at certain points in my life, so as you can imagine, the word 'mum' for me evokes three faces instead of the usual one.

View attachment 19655

Loving.

Really appreciate the honest responses, everyone. Really quite poetic how one word evokes so many emotions in all of us! Extending a warm embrace as well for those missing their mums or let down by theirs.

And of course, to all mums reading this thread and who even shared their answers here, always and forever, hats off to you!

Last edited: