SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
If a genie randomly appears and grants you a single wish… But for someone else, who and what would you wish for?

For this week's mini get-to-know-each-other session, I thought it would be fun if we switched things up a bit. So, the question is: If a genie randomly appears and grants you a single wish… But for someone else, who and what would you wish for?

pexels-вячеслав-ткачёв-12484332.jpg
Source: Pexels

Quite tricky, eh? I (Sethia) absolutely love this slight twist. It's always been 'If a genie grants you three wishes, what would you wish for?' But as much as I am all for self-love and putting oneself first, I think it's also important to love others! With that in mind, if a genie could grant me a wish for someone else, I'd wish my nan good health and happiness. How about you? Share your answer with us in the comments below.

I would wish for a cure for RETT SYNDROME, a genetic imbalance usually affecting girls.
It has something to do with the X chromosome. ( Doctors in AMERICA are looking into this)
My Darling Granddaughter has this. She is now 13 years of age, is non-verbal, among many other health issues, though she occasionally says some random words. Going to a special school, my son and daughter-in-law decided that she could be better helped with private carers. The NDIS helps in funding 4 lovely carers for her. One takes her horse riding. She started off just patting the horse, then walking the horse, then sitting in front of her carer, and getting the feel of riding the horse. Now she sits bare-back and trots the horse around the riding ring. (Naturally the carer runs along beside her.) This is just one of the activities that she able to partake in. She is such a happy person, I would wish for a cure, to help all of the children who have this condition.

If a genie randomly appears and grants you a single wish… But for someone else, who and what would you wish for?

For this week's mini get-to-know-each-other session, I thought it would be fun if we switched things up a bit. So, the question is: If a genie randomly appears and grants you a single wish… But for someone else, who and what would you wish for?

View attachment 14798

Quite tricky, eh? I (Sethia) absolutely love this slight twist. It's always been 'If a genie grants you three wishes, what would you wish for?' But as much as I am all for self-love and putting oneself first, I think it's also important to love others! With that in mind, if a genie could grant me a wish for someone else, I'd wish my nan good health and happiness. How about you? Share your answer with us in the comments below.
to win lottery and pay my dtrs mortgage so she could relax a little.
to win lottery and pay my dtrs mortgage so she could relax a little.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 14798

Hello everyone, I would wish for my Husband not to have spinal stenosis so that he could live a happy pain free life instead of the depressive and painfully exhaustive daily existence that he has been lumbered with in life....it pains me greatly that he has to go through this and I can't do much but be here for his every need....its a sad sad life but at least we have each other's love ♥️😪♥️

• Love
Reactions: terri and Ricci
I would so love for my 2 grandkids to be healthy. grandson who is 9 has Sensory Processing Disorder, which hold him back from being his true self. Then my granddaughter who is 7 has Micrognathia. when she was born her lower jaw and skull were fused together. She has had many operations and there will be more in the future, cause as she grows, her lower jaw does not grow. Apparently, she is the only child in the world with this anomaly. I know that a wish can't change things, but wouldn't it be nice if it could change all our lives.

• Love
Hello everyone, I would wish for my Husband not to have spinal stenosis so that he could live a happy pain free life instead of the depressive and painfully exhaustive daily existence that he has been lumbered with in life....it pains me greatly that he has to go through this and I can't do much but be here for his every need....its a sad sad life but at least we have each other's love ♥️😪♥️
I too have spinal stenosis, as well as bulging and slipped discs. He has my sympathy as I know what he is going through. It's not something I would wish on my worst enemy. The last scan I had showed 3 out of 5 lumbar areas being severe and two being moderate, added to that I have several bulging discs and 2 slipped discs. I am on the list to see a surgeon but the earliest appointment date is this December. :(

I would wish for my daughter to have the life she should have had.
She was born with an intellectual disability, was terribly teased as a child, left to eat her lunch alone at school, etc.
At 16 she developed schizophrenia, at 30 oral cancer, chemo, radiation in remission for 11 years then it came back, another major operation and this time it came back in 14 months and another major op. She now has no tongue, has trouble talking, all her food needs to be blended.
My heart breaks for her.

• Sad
It only we could cure all the suffering in the world that would be fantastic. But I would like to ease the lives of my family, but particularly my number 3. He lives off grid with his partner and three children in a small shed on a very difficult acreage near Ballarat. Yes, it is their choice and they are happy to live there but it is very basic conditions. I would like them to have a proper home to live in with space for the kids to move around. But again they are happy and will get there eventually.

View attachment 14798

I would like to have good vision.
Had a operation on my eyes about 10 years ago and was unsuccessful, not happy Jan

• Sad