In Adelaide, this Monday is a public holiday for the Adelaide Cup! (not that I am attending, despite one of my horses being in the field) but I will watch it at home on television. The forecast is set for a lovely sunny day so I will walk my dog along the beach and then set about doing some gardening. Sounds like a wonderful start to the week! Smile Jarred and find something to be greatful for, it will put your mind and thoughts into a happy place for the rest of the day. ;)

Reactions: Jarred Santos
How do you cope with the Monday blues?

Hello, members!

Each week, we welcome the weekend. After all, considering the buzz and activity of the weekdays, who wouldn't love some good, old-fashioned rest and recreation, right?

But with every weekend, there is always the fact that each Sunday gives way to a Monday in the background. And Mondays are so... I can't even think of an apt word! There's just something about the start of every week that bogs me down like nothing else can (with the exception of a day without coffee).

So, I ask you, dear members: What are your tried and tested tips to help us out of the usual Monday blues?

No matter how tame or outlandish what you have to say is, we're all ears for it!
Once you are retired, it really makes no difference.
to make it really enjoyable, get a group together with similar interests & plan walks, or card games, or music groups, or whatever is your thing.

Being an immigrant for 26 years, I am definitely convinced Monday Blues is a huge Australian 'thing'.
Yes, there are people all around the world who hate Mondays, but not to the extent of Australians.
If you love working, as did I, remember that it's not just a job, but showing you can be a productive person to yourself and others.
Try reminding yourself, that Mondays not only give you something to look forward to, but also brings you closer to, the NEW coming weekend.
And, so the cycle continues...

Absolutely LOVING all of these comments and insights, everyone!

At the risk of coming across as a serial whinger (they exist!), I do want to say that my hate towards Mondays is something said more in jest than in actual irritation, haha! For the longest time, I've dealt with it as any other day --- something to seize the heck out of!

It's just that sometimes it does get a bit tedious to always be a go-getter, so I thought it would be great to ask for your views and opinions on how to deal with a start-of-the-week slump. I must say, after reading all of your wonderful thoughts, I regret nothing! :D

Reactions: Tervueren
Jarred, Being retired, Monday is no problem to me. Secondly, it's my first golf day of the week.
It might be better for you Jarred, if you count Monday as the second day of the week, which it is.

How do you cope with the Monday blues?

Hello, members!

Each week, we welcome the weekend. After all, considering the buzz and activity of the weekdays, who wouldn't love some good, old-fashioned rest and recreation, right?

But with every weekend, there is always the fact that each Sunday gives way to a Monday in the background. And Mondays are so... I can't even think of an apt word! There's just something about the start of every week that bogs me down like nothing else can (with the exception of a day without coffee).

So, I ask you, dear members: What are your tried and tested tips to help us out of the usual Monday blues?

No matter how tame or outlandish what you have to say is, we're all ears for it!
The easiest was to enjoy Monday (and every other day) is to remember what an old bloke said to me when I picked him up with my bus
I asked him how he was and I have always remembered his reply ...
"I am wonderful, I woke up this morning and a lot of people my age didn't".
Every day that you wake up alive is a good day. ❤️

Just "look" at every Day as a Friday-Happy to be Healthy & Fit 😊
It just so happens that the earlier Fridays are a bit difficult to come across, eh? :LOL:
The easiest was to enjoy Monday (and every other day) is to remember what an old bloke said to me when I picked him up with my bus
I asked him how he was and I have always remembered his reply ...
"I am wonderful, I woke up this morning and a lot of people my age didn't".
Every day that you wake up alive is a good day. ❤️
But on a more serious note, this is something I appreciate each day 🙏 Thanks for this!

Jarred, Being retired, Monday is no problem to me. Secondly, it's my first golf day of the week.
It might be better for you Jarred, if you count Monday as the second day of the week, which it is.
Easy way to escape Monday blues, rename Monday to Tuesday :)
Any ideas on how to pull this off? :LOL: I propose calling the old Monday Tuesday I and the normal Tuesday Tuesday II. Kidding aside, I love these responses!

• Haha
Reactions: ShannyN
Get up, slap a smile on your dial, no, try again, that's a grimace! Armed with your smile become a flasher and flash it at everyone you see. They will begin to flash back and suddenly the world is a much brighter place! :) :LOL::D😊🙃

• Love
Any ideas on how to pull this off? :LOL: I propose calling the old Monday Tuesday I and the normal Tuesday Tuesday II. Kidding aside, I love these responses!
Ask the boss to make the working week 3 days only, then work wed, Thurs and Fridays. Monday is now called long weekend as is Tuesday. You win all round :)

• Love
Get up, slap a smile on your dial, no, try again, that's a grimace! Armed with your smile become a flasher and flash it at everyone you see. They will begin to flash back and suddenly the world is a much brighter place! :) :LOL::D😊🙃
This could not come at a better time @Ricci! Been a bit wonky lately with some things, and this reminded I haven't aired out my pearly whites today :LOL:
Ask the boss to make the working week 3 days only, then work wed, Thurs and Fridays. Monday is now called long weekend as is Tuesday. You win all round :)
I think we can also call Monday Sunday Part Two in this scenario :ROFLMAO: