SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
How do you cope with stress?

Hey members! :)

How have you all been? It's me again, hopping on here to ignite another conversation I know will be worth your while. Let's take a moment to talk about something we can all relate to: STRESS

Life has a way of throwing unexpected challenges our way, and it's during those moments that stress tends to sneak in and make itself at home. I'll be honest with you, even minor inconveniences can easily get under my skin and stress me out. That's why I'm reaching out to you, my wonderful friends, for some valuable insights. How do you cope with stress? I invite you to share your tried and tested methods, secret stress-busting strategies, and all the tips and tricks that help you find your calm amidst the chaos.

As for me, I find solace in going out and enjoying the weekends, allowing myself to unwind and release the accumulated stress from the weekdays. Now I'm curious, how about you? What are your techniques for keeping your cool when things get overwhelming? Let's create a sanctuary of support and understanding where we can learn from each other and conquer stress one step at a time.

compressed-stress.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

Stress is in many forms and has many triggers. What provokes stress in some, may not do so in others. It effects everyone on some level, but is normal, but when it makes you feel sick, in danger and ununable to cope. The main thing to know it can't be cured just managed. To cope, well first is find and except the triggers. Friends, family, colleagues and professionals may help and there is no shame in asking for help. Everybody will respond in a different manner to treatments and methods. There is not miracle cure. But remember, you/we are not alone. Reach out, just the same as Vella has. We are all part of this big "Village" called life. Love, peace and the best of wishes to us all. 🙏 ❤️.

I live by the Serenity Prayer, God Grant me the SERENITY to ACCEPT the things I CANNOT Change, The COURAGE to CHANGE the things that I can, And the WISDOM to know the DIFFERENCE. I also use my love of music to calm me, or if you like hide in my music, I sing along with it (horrible voice) and I find that it calms me enough that I can do what I need to do.

How have you all been? It's me again, hopping on here to ignite another conversation I know will be worth your while. Let's take a moment to talk about something we can all relate to: STRESS

Life has a way of throwing unexpected challenges our way, and it's during those moments that stress tends to sneak in and make itself at home. I'll be honest with you, even minor inconveniences can easily get under my skin and stress me out. That's why I'm reaching out to you, my wonderful friends, for some valuable insights. How do you cope with stress? I invite you to share your tried and tested methods, secret stress-busting strategies, and all the tips and tricks that help you find your calm amidst the chaos.

As for me, I find solace in going out and enjoying the weekends, allowing myself to unwind and release the accumulated stress from the weekdays. Now I'm curious, how about you? What are your techniques for keeping your cool when things get overwhelming? Let's create a sanctuary of support and understanding where we can learn from each other and conquer stress one step at a time.

View attachment 20660

Meditation and rexation music work for me. Gardening and reading too.

Backstory is important when sharing. I had a time when after a heart area operation, where for quite a few months, I had multiple heart spasms. There were three types. Every moment tiny micro spasms, ripple spasms that would make me shudder and hiccup spasms which would drop me.

Sadness, Misery was a constant experience. No sneezing, no coughing, no emotion, no sudden movements, no lifting anything even slightly heavy like a half full kettle. Anything seemed to kick it off even talking and it lasted 24/7 for days sometimes.

I was in a lot of stress and lived alone.

I needed an answer. I found that if I were to crunch and rattle crystals together in my lightly enclosed hands, when stress peaked and sadness overshadowed, that doing this would divert my attention into the sound and the sensation, being created within my palms. Then when it felt right, I would drop them into a bowl of water and put my elbows to fingertips in there too and stress I discovered all dissipated very quickly.

I am a highly research minded person as I have been a Martial artist since 1970 and have written about the human body as an energy pattern since about 1973.

I figure this works as a way to remove stress, because the human body is a frequency and the sound created is a different frequency, being generated right on top of a meridian or activation point in our palms that we have as a way for releasing stress. Our attention to the sound and where it is being activated, must do it.

I have also done this with stones found on the ground and they definitely work as well. Crystals do work better they must be washed afterwards, however.

I found the need to apply this trick of mine YESTERDAY when I discovered my vehicle may require between 3-4 thousand dollars in repairs. The tummy churned, as reality set in that this most certainly is a big potentially non-achievable ask due to other bills.

It took about five minutes once again, for all feelings of stress, to dissipate completely. I have used this method often and I have shared it often over the years, including on this forum. When you're in need of INSTANT stress relief, it works a treat. I can confirm this as being (for me) and many others, an absolute fact, do try it if ever in need.

Another effective method is to sit back flat against a tree (this works for children too) as it is scientifically IMPOSSIBLE to remain depressed, anxious, angry, etc when sitting back rested flat against a tree for ten minutes, as the tree is grounded to Earth.

This is my input on the topic hey guys.

How I cope with stress well having been clinically dead twice in a day got through 3.5 weeks of life support and best “ the buzzer “ by one vote just waking up the next day sort of blocks it out. But I’m an Botanic gardener by work - volunteer at the same big space. That also provides the solace to keep reminding me of what could have been

How I cope with stress well having been clinically dead twice in a day got through 3.5 weeks of life support and best “ the buzzer “ by one vote just waking up the next day sort of blocks it out. But I’m an Botanic gardener by work - volunteer at the same big space. That also provides the solace to keep reminding me of what could have been
If you don't mind me asking, what happened @Happyhawk? There's bound to be a story there :D

How I cope with stress depends. Sometimes, I feel like disengaging from everything and making some quiet time helps, but in other times, I feel like a trip outdoors is what I need to keep me occupied and not think about other stress-inducing things.

I've also heard a lot about breathing deeply in and out for a couple of counts being a great thing to do when things get too much. Here's a video that shows more or less how it goes:

• Love
Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
If you don't mind me asking, what happened @Happyhawk? There's bound to be a story there :D
No not at all I’m a mystery apparently the whole nerve system decided to just shut down The RMH chief of staff had to this day no answer as to why but I’m annually asked to give a talk on my path while in ICU what with no memory ?

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 20660

No not at all I’m a mystery apparently the whole nerve system decided to just shut down The RMH chief of staff had to this day no answer as to why but I’m annually asked to give a talk on my path while in ICU what with no memory ?
Hi
Wow. This is an interesting topic.
I guess stress is a part of our life,to be honest.
But how we deal with it is the main thing.
I have learned how to

View attachment 20660

[/CA

Hi
When I think I am stressed, I need to have a warm water bath time with detox bath salt in there.
I can have a quiet time there,relax my body and on top of it, I will turn on a relaxing music to enjoy.

View attachment 20660

Hi
When things are too hectic for me, I tend to get panic and I can’t think straight,I know that I need to retreat and recover.
Otherwise it will escalate to stress that will cause havoc on my physical body and my mind like insomnia,anxiety,lost appetite or depression.
I will have a short rest in my bedroom for 30 minutes and completely relax.
And I can prepare a warm water bath with Radox detox minerals Açai berry fragrance, close my eyes and turn on relaxing music.
Or I can get out of the house and go for short walk for fresh air.
Or I can have a Me time like make myself a cup of tea and a piece of little cake.
After that ,I can resume my usual activities with a fresher mind and body.

Shoes off walking on the grass or laying on a blanket under a tree is a great de-stressor if EMR from computers is the cause.

To meditate at its simplest, is when we rest our tongue on the roof of our mouth, this has an instant calming effect upon us.

If mind chatter effects, and you don't feel to do what I suggested earlier, then ANY NOTE (imagined or audibly) when hummed will not allow thoughts to occur. This is why humming or singing calms us.

In the noisiest of all environments, we can always hear ourselves hum, even if nobody else can. It's a good trick when there's a need to calm emotions before something challenging.

Last edited:
When I am stressed about something I go out into the Garden and soon find things to do this elevates the problem as one is busy concentrating on what needs doing. Assuming it’s a good day of course!

Reactions: RTS
Aww! Thank you so much, folks, for sharing these tips. I’ve taken note of the various strategies you mentioned. Reading your personal experiences with these techniques gives me hope that they can work for me too.🥲

I’ve noticed that I often find it hard to breathe properly and think clearly when I get stressed. My palms become sweaty, and I’m unsure of what to do next. So, I will keep these tips in mind and learn not to panic in stressful situations. :)

Hard one for the mates to top, I'm sure 🤪 :LOL: Kidding aside, glad you made it!

Reactions: Pink lion