Homeowner's dream turned nightmare: What she found behind the walls will leave you sss…speechless!

We all dream about that perfect home where we can create memories with our loved ones, right? Well, brace yourselves, because this story will make you question your house-hunting fantasies. One woman's journey from joy to sheer terror will have you clutching your walls in fear.

Meet Amber Hall. Like many of us, she had big dreams of finding a forever home for her two adorable kids and their furry pals. And boy, did she find it!

Imagine four spacious bedrooms, two gleaming bathrooms, and a backyard that could rival the dog park. It was practically the embodiment of all her hard work and sacrifices.

Amber spilled the beans to a news outlet, revealing just how much blood, sweat, and tears went into making this house her own. Saving money and investing precious time—she did it all!

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 3.12.41 PM.png
Amber Hall's delight over buying her first home turned to horror as she discovered the unwanted visitors. Credit: Scott Webb.

But little did Amber know that her dream abode would soon turn into a bone-chilling nightmare. Picture this: the excitement of moving in, unpacking boxes, and feeling like a true homeowner. But as the days went by, something just didn't feel right.

Her dream began unravelling when her canine companion stumbled upon a frightening find in the garage. 'I was trying to unpack, and my dog crouched down, and he started walking over here really slow,' Hall recalled.

At first, she brushed it off, assuming it was a harmless spider or a tiny insect. But the truth was far more terrifying than she could have ever imagined. As she followed her dog's gaze, her heart sank—a snake, slithering up the walls!

And as if one snake wasn't terrifying enough, Hall and her family went on to discover ten more of the slippery reptiles within the home.

Desperate for answers and a solution, the mum sought the help of a professional snake wrangler. This expert sleuth quickly deduced that there was likely a snake den beneath the house, and these uninvited guests had made themselves quite comfortable for at least two years. Can you imagine? (This is much creepier, especially after knowing that they have quite the hearing.)

'This is my first home,' Hall lamented. 'I've worked my whole life for it. And I can't enjoy it. My kids can't enjoy it. I'm scared to death.'

Key Takeaways

• A woman moved into her dream home with her family and two dogs, only to discover that it was infested with snakes.
  • A snake wrangler found that ten snakes were residing in the house, likely living there for at least two years.

If you're a proud homeowner or currently on the hunt for that perfect property, the last thing you want is to share your space with unwelcome guests. So, how can you protect yourself from a spine-chilling surprise like the one Amber Hall experienced?

Experts have some valuable advice to keep your dream home free from any creepy crawlies or slithering intruders.

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 3.12.47 PM.png
Experts recommend conducting a thorough inspection before moving into any new home. Credit: Unsplash/David Clode.

Before you settle into your new abode, it's crucial to conduct a meticulous inspection. Start by thoroughly examining the exterior of the house for any small openings that could serve as entry points for pests or snakes. Seal up any cracks or gaps that could potentially become gateways for uninvited visitors.

When it comes to pest prevention, removing temptations is key. Make sure to keep your property clear of any food leftovers or garbage that could attract rodents. Remember, where there are rodents, there may be snakes lurking nearby. By maintaining a clean and tidy environment, you significantly reduce the risk of encountering these unwanted guests.

Take a close look at your garden as well. Keeping it well-maintained is essential, as overgrown vegetation can provide hiding spots for critters and crawling creatures. Regularly trim bushes, mow the lawn, and prune any trees to eliminate potential hiding places.

Inside your home, make sure to declutter and keep it free from debris. Pests and snakes love to find shelter in piles of stuff, so keep your living spaces organised and tidy. This not only ensures a pleasant living environment but also minimises the chances of encountering unexpected roommates.

If, despite your best efforts, you do come across any unwanted guests, it's crucial not to handle the situation on your own. Instead, call in professional help. Experts are equipped with the knowledge and tools to safely remove and relocate any unwelcome visitors.

By following these expert-recommended steps, you can create a home that remains free from unwelcome surprises—a sanctuary where you and your loved ones can feel safe and at peace. Protect your dream home and rest easy, knowing you've taken the necessary precautions to keep those pesky intruders at bay.

We hope you found this article informative and helpful in keeping your home free from unwanted guests. Have you ever had a creepy or unexpected visitor in your home? We want to hear your stories! Share your experiences in the comments below, and let us know what measures you took to keep your home safe and secure.

Sponsored
My husband and I moved into a house that had been vacant for 5 year, cleaning it up we found snakes, got rid of them by playing very loud music hooked to sound bars, snakes can not cope with the vibrations of loud noise.
one positive mice and rats will not stay in a place where they can smell snakes.

Where was this house ? I'm thinking not in Australia as I'm pretty sure when you buy a property you always get a pest inspection, they go under your house and in the roof. I know 100 % they do if you take out a mortgage.
I'm in Sth Aus, and my last house I bought was 11 years ago. Building and pest inspections were by choice. And I have a mortgage.

Reactions: terri and SandyM
Is this another story from the US? The photo doesn't look like houses in Australia!

My husband and I moved into a house that had been vacant for 5 year, cleaning it up we found snakes, got rid of them by playing very loud music hooked to sound bars, snakes can not cope with the vibrations of loud noise.
one positive mice and rats will not stay in a place where they can smell snakes.
I think I need some snakes

We all dream about that perfect home where we can create memories with our loved ones, right? Well, brace yourselves, because this story will make you question your house-hunting fantasies. One woman's journey from joy to sheer terror will have you clutching your walls in fear.

Meet Amber Hall. Like many of us, she had big dreams of finding a forever home for her two adorable kids and their furry pals. And boy, did she find it!

Imagine four spacious bedrooms, two gleaming bathrooms, and a backyard that could rival the dog park. It was practically the embodiment of all her hard work and sacrifices.

Amber spilled the beans to a news outlet, revealing just how much blood, sweat, and tears went into making this house her own. Saving money and investing precious time—she did it all!

View attachment 19856
Amber Hall's delight over buying her first home turned to horror as she discovered the unwanted visitors. Credit: Scott Webb.

But little did Amber know that her dream abode would soon turn into a bone-chilling nightmare. Picture this: the excitement of moving in, unpacking boxes, and feeling like a true homeowner. But as the days went by, something just didn't feel right.

Her dream began unravelling when her canine companion stumbled upon a frightening find in the garage. 'I was trying to unpack, and my dog crouched down, and he started walking over here really slow,' Hall recalled.

At first, she brushed it off, assuming it was a harmless spider or a tiny insect. But the truth was far more terrifying than she could have ever imagined. As she followed her dog's gaze, her heart sank—a snake, slithering up the walls!

And as if one snake wasn't terrifying enough, Hall and her family went on to discover ten more of the slippery reptiles within the home.

Desperate for answers and a solution, the mum sought the help of a professional snake wrangler. This expert sleuth quickly deduced that there was likely a snake den beneath the house, and these uninvited guests had made themselves quite comfortable for at least two years. Can you imagine? (This is much creepier, especially after knowing that they have quite the hearing.)

'This is my first home,' Hall lamented. 'I've worked my whole life for it. And I can't enjoy it. My kids can't enjoy it. I'm scared to death.'

Key Takeaways

• A woman moved into her dream home with her family and two dogs, only to discover that it was infested with snakes.
  • A snake wrangler found that ten snakes were residing in the house, likely living there for at least two years.

If you're a proud homeowner or currently on the hunt for that perfect property, the last thing you want is to share your space with unwelcome guests. So, how can you protect yourself from a spine-chilling surprise like the one Amber Hall experienced?

Experts have some valuable advice to keep your dream home free from any creepy crawlies or slithering intruders.

View attachment 19857
Experts recommend conducting a thorough inspection before moving into any new home. Credit: Unsplash/David Clode.

Before you settle into your new abode, it's crucial to conduct a meticulous inspection. Start by thoroughly examining the exterior of the house for any small openings that could serve as entry points for pests or snakes. Seal up any cracks or gaps that could potentially become gateways for uninvited visitors.

When it comes to pest prevention, removing temptations is key. Make sure to keep your property clear of any food leftovers or garbage that could attract rodents. Remember, where there are rodents, there may be snakes lurking nearby. By maintaining a clean and tidy environment, you significantly reduce the risk of encountering these unwanted guests.

Take a close look at your garden as well. Keeping it well-maintained is essential, as overgrown vegetation can provide hiding spots for critters and crawling creatures. Regularly trim bushes, mow the lawn, and prune any trees to eliminate potential hiding places.

Inside your home, make sure to declutter and keep it free from debris. Pests and snakes love to find shelter in piles of stuff, so keep your living spaces organised and tidy. This not only ensures a pleasant living environment but also minimises the chances of encountering unexpected roommates.

If, despite your best efforts, you do come across any unwanted guests, it's crucial not to handle the situation on your own. Instead, call in professional help. Experts are equipped with the knowledge and tools to safely remove and relocate any unwelcome visitors.

By following these expert-recommended steps, you can create a home that remains free from unwelcome surprises—a sanctuary where you and your loved ones can feel safe and at peace. Protect your dream home and rest easy, knowing you've taken the necessary precautions to keep those pesky intruders at bay.

We hope you found this article informative and helpful in keeping your home free from unwanted guests. Have you ever had a creepy or unexpected visitor in your home? We want to hear your stories! Share your experiences in the comments below, and let us know what measures you took to keep your home safe and secure.
Who is the blithering idiot who said snakes are slippery,,,,, This a total misconception by by idiots who have never touched a snake let alone seen one in real life... An eel is slippery and sometimes slimy but NOT SNAKES

Reactions: Jennylolo
Where was this house ? I'm thinking not in Australia as I'm pretty sure when you buy a property you always get a pest inspection, they go under your house and in the roof. I know 100 % they do if you take out a mortgage.
I'm not sure about all States, but I've bought property in both WA and SA and it is up to the purchaser to say yes or no to a termite inspection, some people don't want to o spend the money. It's not compulsory but definitely false economy to refuse sn inspection.

Reactions: Jennylolo and terri
Further to my previous post, I must admit I'm not sure if a pest inspection is compulsory if you are getting a mortgage as I haven't required a mortgage in the last 25 years when buying property. Prior to this l time though it wasn't compulsory.

I didn't need it in Sydney when I bought my house, my solicitor insisted it as the house was 90 years old (around his vintage) and said you don't need any problems when you are first starting out.
When we bought our house in QLD, it wasn't compulsory either, but the first one we put a deposit down on had termites and the inspection saved us a lot of time, money and grief. We were able to withdraw from the sale.