Homeowner’s complaint about the alleged damages that an Australian Post worker did to his lawn divides the internet — "This post is a joke right?"

A homeowner has bombarded Australia Post with complaints on social media after one delivery driver allegedly drove over through his lawn, but critics point out that the property does not even belong to the man.

Taking his complaint on Facebook, the homeowner — who wished to remain anonymous — shared images of the distinct tyre marks found at the nature strip in front of the home that he was claiming to be selling.

efTLEVCLUP0btfYGs7NoFRoTiGjAdpKq3xGV3Xb6A-mjGnSg6UG2zino1xH3EHtBEaxumruV2-qMr5SFoDECOKiwr05ZGo4T32NZDdySB5L_9WYihN-PjKqjHYjoH8xnw7o7ofo

A homeowner slammed an Australian Post worker for allegedly damaging his lawn. Credit: Facebook.

The man wrote: "My house is on the market and today my postie decided he'd tear up my nature strip despite the fact there's a GIANT service lane they could have used."

He then slammed the post worker for the damages that he allegedly did to the man's home.

A number of social media users showed their support for the man, with many saying that they understand the homeowner's frustration over the incident.

One person wrote: "I feel your pain. It's like they do it intentionally when the ground is at its wettest."

"I'd be pissed. It takes a lot of care and money to keep the grass nice like this. I threaten to shoot people who drive over or park on my lawn," another added.

However, other users argued that the nature strip does not even belong to the man but to the local council, while others expressed their disapproval of the post as it was unnecessarily overblown.

One comment read: "Not your land, it's council land."

"You don't own the nature strip," another quipped.

A third sarcastically asked: "This post is a joke right?"

"Deary me, someone is selling a house, everyone around them better be on their best behaviour," another said.

Elsewhere in the thread, some users pointed out that the man posted the photos on a Sunday — a day Australia Post doesn't usually deliver mail — casting doubt on the allegation.

One person asked: "Are you sure it was the postie? They don't normally deliver on a Sunday."

The man responded to the queries by taking a photo of the post driver next to his bike delivering mail the following day and sharing it with the group to somehow prove it was him.

1cJbScS5BML7JKklyJeDLqyWWkKtaQr5znki4RUFoKlDw-OgboBsxJWMPrd03TZ6-mSOZRaAXocVI0Tw03RV0TURyhnUmGsVMsRuhWGd41wlhnn4RmyRPpncf7mNOQ6ZLPSusds

The homeowner shared a photo of the post driver next to his bike to prove that he wasn’t lying about the incident. Credit: Facebook.

The man also formally filed a complaint with the Australian Post over the purported incident involving one of their workers.

Australian Post responded to the claims, writing: "Our posties are the only ones who are allowed to drive on your nature strip, given they are given that permission by your local council who are the owners of that section of land between your property boundary and the road."

"For efficiency, posties are required to ride from letterbox to letterbox whenever possible, rather than riding back down the driveway and onto the road to access the next address."

"I only mention this because the damage in your photos is not unexpected following heavy rain, albeit on the [worse] end of the spectrum."

What are your thoughts on this? Does the man have the right to complain over the damages? Also, do you think the man is bluffing?

Sponsored
As a landowner & an ex-postie I understand this problem. and YES posties are the only ones who are allowed to drive on your nature strip, as Australia Post has been given permission by your local council who are the owners of that section of land between your property boundary and the road. But also understand that you the homeowner must keep it clean for people to use, this is why a lot of people apply/petition to council to have a concrete footpath installed or get permission to use gravel instead of grass. Also, in normal weather times the postie vehicle would not make this type of damage normally.

it comes down to this does he want his mail or not the person is trying to do a job. So would that person get off his bike at everyone drive and walk the mail to the box there just isn't enough time in the day as the person said just hose it off

Reactions: Ricci and Liz
Homeowner’s complaint about the alleged damages that an Australian Post worker did to his lawn divides the internet — "This post is a joke right?"

A homeowner has bombarded Australia Post with complaints on social media after one delivery driver allegedly drove over through his lawn, but critics point out that the property does not even belong to the man.

Taking his complaint on Facebook, the homeowner — who wished to remain anonymous — shared images of the distinct tyre marks found at the nature strip in front of the home that he was claiming to be selling.

efTLEVCLUP0btfYGs7NoFRoTiGjAdpKq3xGV3Xb6A-mjGnSg6UG2zino1xH3EHtBEaxumruV2-qMr5SFoDECOKiwr05ZGo4T32NZDdySB5L_9WYihN-PjKqjHYjoH8xnw7o7ofo

A homeowner slammed an Australian Post worker for allegedly damaging his lawn. Credit: Facebook.

The man wrote: "My house is on the market and today my postie decided he'd tear up my nature strip despite the fact there's a GIANT service lane they could have used."

He then slammed the post worker for the damages that he allegedly did to the man's home.

A number of social media users showed their support for the man, with many saying that they understand the homeowner's frustration over the incident.

One person wrote: "I feel your pain. It's like they do it intentionally when the ground is at its wettest."

"I'd be pissed. It takes a lot of care and money to keep the grass nice like this. I threaten to shoot people who drive over or park on my lawn," another added.

However, other users argued that the nature strip does not even belong to the man but to the local council, while others expressed their disapproval of the post as it was unnecessarily overblown.

"Deary me, someone is selling a house, everyone around them better be on their best behaviour," another said.

Elsewhere in the thread, some users pointed out that the man posted the photos on a Sunday — a day Australia Post doesn't usually deliver mail — casting doubt on the allegation.

One person asked: "Are you sure it was the postie? They don't normally deliver on a Sunday."

The man responded to the queries by taking a photo of the post driver next to his bike delivering mail the following day and sharing it with the group to somehow prove it was him.

1cJbScS5BML7JKklyJeDLqyWWkKtaQr5znki4RUFoKlDw-OgboBsxJWMPrd03TZ6-mSOZRaAXocVI0Tw03RV0TURyhnUmGsVMsRuhWGd41wlhnn4RmyRPpncf7mNOQ6ZLPSusds

The homeowner shared a photo of the post driver next to his bike to prove that he wasn’t lying about the incident. Credit: Facebook.

The man also formally filed a complaint with the Australian Post over the purported incident involving one of their workers.

Australian Post responded to the claims, writing: "Our posties are the only ones who are allowed to drive on your nature strip, given they are given that permission by your local council who are the owners of that section of land between your property boundary and the road."

"For efficiency, posties are required to ride from letterbox to letterbox whenever possible, rather than riding back down the driveway and onto the road to access the next address."

"I only mention this because the damage in your photos is not unexpected following heavy rain, albeit on the [worse] end of the spectrum."

What are your thoughts on this? Does the man have the right to complain over the damages? Also, do you think the man is bluffing?
Is he a Pom?

Yes. A little care would be appropriate

Reactions: Ricci

He needs to get over himself, say thanks to the postie for delivering his mail no matter what the weather is like and be kind. It's not that hard.

The postman has a job to do. Most posties are considerate and helpful. I wonder if the homeowner had taken the time to speak to him, he obviously had time to take the photos.:)

Reactions: debjane

Sounds like a whinger to me. More things in the world to worry about than a strip of land that he doesn’t own.

Reactions: Bat and Ricci

There are at least three tyre marks left on the grass.
couple of questions:
Do more than two wheels ’drive‘ on a postie bike to be able to cause the ‘three’ marks?? I wouldn’t think so!
Secondly, the vehicle leaving the marks is starting to rotate; would a postie bike have enough power to cause it to do that??
I don’t think it was a postie bike that left the marks!!

There are at least three tyre marks left on the grass.
couple of questions:
Do more than two wheels ’drive‘ on a postie bike to be able to cause the ‘three’ marks?? I wouldn’t think so!
Secondly, the vehicle leaving the marks is starting to rotate; would a postie bike have enough power to cause it to do that??
I don’t think it was a postie bike that left the marks!!
Australia Post use three wheeled delivery vehicles. Obviously, the front wheel is for steering and not bearing heavy weight so would most likely not leave deep marks, the two rear wheels bear the weight and so leave heavy marks and indentations.

Sure he has the right to complain over the damage, but he should get his ownership and responsibility issues sorted out first so as not to make an ass of himself when he does complain.
He doesn't appear smart enough to be bluffing.