Home cooks everywhere are raving about this $22 'miracle' non-stick pan from Kmart!

As avid home cooks, we all know how important it is to have good-quality cookware in our kitchen; after all, we use it almost every day! After years of use, though, inevitably, our pots and pans start to show signs of wear and tear.

So what do you do when your trusty cookware finally needs replacing? You could go out and spend a small fortune on top-of-the-line brands that promise the world – or you could head down to your local Kmart and pick up one of their $22 non-stick pans instead.

That's right, members; for just $22, you can get yourself a pan that promises amazing non-stick properties – so good that some people say you don't even need oil! It comes in three different sizes (24cm, 28cm, or 32cm), each with four layers of non-stick coating.

Sounds too good to be true? We thought so, too… but then we saw all the rave reviews from home cooks who swear by this humble pan.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.29.58 AM.png
In the kitchen, you really cannot do without frying pans, particularly non-stick ones. Credit: Pexels/RODNAE Productions.

It's such a popular item that plenty of shoppers are talking about it on the Facebook group Kmart Mums Australia! People love it so much because, apparently, it works just as well (if not better) than more expensive branded alternatives – and who doesn't love a bargain?

One satisfied shopper made a post and said: 'Just thought I would let you all know that this fry pan is amazing. We have had it for a few months, and every time I use it, I am amazed!'

'I have just made these pancakes without ever greasing the pan at all, and to clean it, just run it under the tap and give it a good wipe,' they went on to say.

Other commenters agreed wholeheartedly, with many saying they'd been using the pans for years with no issues whatsoever.

One user commented: 'We have the entire pot and pan set and absolutely swear by them. They're amazing,' with another adding: 'Agreed! We have the bigger one and the smaller one. Nothing sticks! So good!'

A member of the Facebook group even said they preferred these Kmart pans over their more expensive Circulon pans!

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 10.29.51 AM.png
This non-stick pan from Kmart has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on the store's website. Credit: Kmart.

However, despite all of this positive feedback, not everyone agreed with the praise being heaped on these particular pans.

One disgruntled shopper wrote: 'Would not recommend this one!' And then they went on to explain, 'Food definitely sticks, and the wooden/laminate weird handle thing got burnt! Couldn't figure out what the strange smell was until I turned it over later. Will be taking it back this week.'

Well, what do you think about this product, folks? While we can't guarantee that this pan will work perfectly for everyone, at such an affordable price, it's definitely worth giving it a try!

Just remember to take good care of it, following the care instructions after every use. We highly recommend watching the video below if you want to know more about how to extend the life of your non-stick pan.

Credit: Business Insider.

Sponsored
As avid home cooks, we all know how important it is to have good-quality cookware in our kitchen; after all, we use it almost every day! After years of use, though, inevitably, our pots and pans start to show signs of wear and tear.

So what do you do when your trusty cookware finally needs replacing? You could go out and spend a small fortune on top-of-the-line brands that promise the world – or you could head down to your local Kmart and pick up one of their $22 non-stick pans instead.

That's right, members; for just $22, you can get yourself a pan that promises amazing non-stick properties – so good that some people say you don't even need oil! It comes in three different sizes (24cm, 28cm, or 32cm), each with four layers of non-stick coating.

Sounds too good to be true? We thought so, too… but then we saw all the rave reviews from home cooks who swear by this humble pan.

View attachment 9167
In the kitchen, you really cannot do without frying pans, particularly non-stick ones. Credit: Pexels/RODNAE Productions.

It's such a popular item that plenty of shoppers are talking about it on the Facebook group Kmart Mums Australia! People love it so much because, apparently, it works just as well (if not better) than more expensive branded alternatives – and who doesn't love a bargain?

One satisfied shopper made a post and said: 'Just thought I would let you all know that this fry pan is amazing. We have had it for a few months, and every time I use it, I am amazed!'

'I have just made these pancakes without ever greasing the pan at all, and to clean it, just run it under the tap and give it a good wipe,' they went on to say.

Other commenters agreed wholeheartedly, with many saying they'd been using the pans for years with no issues whatsoever.

One user commented: 'We have the entire pot and pan set and absolutely swear by them. They're amazing,' with another adding: 'Agreed! We have the bigger one and the smaller one. Nothing sticks! So good!'

A member of the Facebook group even said they preferred these Kmart pans over their more expensive Circulon pans!

View attachment 9168
This non-stick pan from Kmart has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on the store's website. Credit: Kmart.

However, despite all of this positive feedback, not everyone agreed with the praise being heaped on these particular pans.

One disgruntled shopper wrote: 'Would not recommend this one!' And then they went on to explain, 'Food definitely sticks, and the wooden/laminate weird handle thing got burnt! Couldn't figure out what the strange smell was until I turned it over later. Will be taking it back this week.'

Well, what do you think about this product, folks? While we can't guarantee that this pan will work perfectly for everyone, at such an affordable price, it's definitely worth giving it a try!

Just remember to take good care of it, following the care instructions after every use. We highly recommend watching the video below if you want to know more about how to extend the life of your non-stick pan.

View attachment 9167

View attachment 9168

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the non-stick pans Teflon coated and this wears off and it is ingested by us when we eat food cooked in this utensil and reports maintain this is not good for us ??

View attachment 9167

View attachment 9168

Raving customers - good grief why use these words?

Reactions: WADuck and Ricci
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the non-stick pans Teflon coated and this wears off and it is ingested by us when we eat food cooked in this utensil and reports maintain this is not good for us ??
I used to sell bessemer cookware and non stick coating is fine. The problem is if it starts peeling that is when it isn't OK.

View attachment 9167

View attachment 9168

I use this pan frequently

View attachment 9167

View attachment 9168

I use it frequently, it's really good, but we need to remember that high heat will eventually damage it, so stick to medium heat

Reactions: JayKay

View attachment 9167

View attachment 9168

In no way am I rich but when it comes to cookware some people may call me a snob. All my cookware is Raco, I get things when they are on sale, I have many frypans for different dishes & for me the quality is excellent & if you look after them they'll last for years. A $20 frypan from Kmart you'll be taking it back or replacing it in 12 months.

I am also wary of non-stick cookware.
I've read many articles about the non-stick coating containing toxic chemicals....PFAS chemicals with PFOA and PFOS the main culprits resisting breakdown in the environment and have been linked to health issues like cancers, delayed puberty, decreased fertility, reduced immune response in children, increase in miscarriage.
I am not able to deny or accept these statements, but I take notice and only use non-stick cookware on medium heat, and discard them at the first signs of wear and tear, like pitting or flaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suet and gordon1940
I bought a Kmart non stick frypan a couple of months ago after reading that Choice had highly recommended them .. but mine has a metal handle, not a wooden one like picture in the article. I had a “mid range not quite but nearly fancy” brand before this and the Kmart pan is so much better. Cooks evenly and cleans easily. I make sure I use the correct utensils with it so as not to damage the coating. Definitely recommend.

I am also wary of non-stick cookware.
I've read many articles about the non-stick coating containing toxic chemicals....PFAS chemicals with PFOA and PFOS the main culprits resisting breakdown in the environment and have been linked to health issues like cancers, delayed puberty, decreased fertility, reduced immune response in children, increase in miscarriage.
I am not able to deny or accept these statements, but I take notice and only use non-stick cookware on medium heat, and discard them at the first signs of wear and tear, like pitting or flaking.
Good comment

I used to sell bessemer cookware and non stick coating is fine. The problem is if it starts peeling that is when it isn't OK.
I agree about the Bessemer cookware as I too had some and am disappointed after paying the price that although I was careful on cleaning the saucepan the teflon did start to wear off

In no way am I rich but when it comes to cookware some people may call me a snob. All my cookware is Raco, I get things when they are on sale, I have many frypans for different dishes & for me the quality is excellent & if you look after them they'll last for years. A $20 frypan from Kmart you'll be taking it back or replacing it in 12 months.
Not necessarily so, I buy the small $5 jobbies & buy 2 at a time so I always have a new one when the old ones start to go. Which I happily note is a long time over a year. I always keep one separate for pancakes as I like crepes. Not fat, fluffy ones like my granddaughter. She hasn't learned the art of Washing up behind herself. But that will change when she moves out next week!

I agree about the Bessemer cookware as I too had some and am disappointed after paying the price that although I was careful on cleaning the saucepan the teflon did start to wear off
I stopped selling it because every time I took a customer's piece back bessemer would make every excuse not to replace it and I knew it should have been replaced
I can't sell something that isn't what it is stated to be

Reactions: Suet
Whilst there are many discussions on Non Stick coatings on cookware, I've discovered KMart also sell ceramic coated cookware, so no nasty Teflon coatings.
ceramic frying pan.jpg

KMart says
  • 2 layer easy clean ceramic coating for improved non-stick cooking
  • Soft touch wood look bakelite handle
  • Induction bottom
  • 2 layer ceramic-excilon exterior and interior
  • Non-stick ceramic
  • PFOA free coating (No Teflon)
Considering the Costs, it's the same as their Non Stick pans!!

24cm $14.00, 28cm $19.00, 32cm $22.00 (this size is the one mentioned in the main article, above)

So, I'm off to buy a ceramic fry pan!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ma-to-3
Did you know, if it fails in the first 12 months, return it to the store, with proof of purchase, for replacement, or a full refund

I like stainless steel cookware.
Stainless steel can handle high heat, whereas non stick pans will peel off cooking with high heat.
Admittedly, there is a knack with cooking with stainless steel.
You heat the pan, then add oil to get it warm before adding ingredients.
If the food sticks while cooking, I don't add more oil, I give a splash of boiling water (from the kettle).
Also, I let the pan cool before washing it, as it prevents warping.
I love my saute pan for stir fry, beef steaks, chicken breast pieces etc.
Kitchen shops will have 1/2 price sales at Christmas/New Year for bargains.
Took a snapshot with meat/veg/rice stir fry.

Attachments

• saute pan.png
    saute pan.png
    699.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Suet
I had a Bessemer casserole pot with a steamer insert in the beautiful green colour, which I had for 40 years.
I used that casserole pot at least twice a week. Once the nonstick coating started to wear, I used a jex pad and scoured it all off. That Bessemer casserole pot was still fantastic to use, and I loved it.
Unfortunately, in my retirement unit I now have an induction cook-top, so I had to part with it.