Home and Away star Tammin Sursok will join the cast of rival soap opera Neighbours, an industry insider reports

A new face will be joining the cast of Neighbours in a cameo role. Can you guess who she is? (Hint: we said it in the title).

An industry insider told Daily Mail that Tammin Sursok, who starred at rival soap opera Home and Away from 2000 to 2004, is due for a six-week filming schedule for the long-running Channel 10 series.

eL9U5S021cmN3ls2hK_K-T42Soo-lWj_Rg0doy67vEMb3F1V449_wBUxjOdcwywXiZFK_re58kXffmtl8EUlm9uT8ORuCx3JNLg-61VKv8hStiTMSSm4i09a7jvNh0B1AyB4328

Tammin Sursok will join the cast of Neighbours, according to a source. Credit: Instagram/@Tammin Sursok.

It was also reported that the actress will be temporarily relocating to Melbourne for filming.

Tammin confirmed her Aussie TV comeback on Instagram, sharing a series of photos of her, her husband Sean McEwen, and their two daughters, Phoenix and Lennon, embarking on a 17-hour road trip from their home in Brisbane to Melbourne on Wednesday.

Credit: Instagram/@Tammin Sursok.

She captioned the photos with: “Till we meet again Queensland!”

“Today we drive 17 hours on a road trip with kiddos (send us strength) to my next filming destination."

“To be able to do what I love to do with my kiddos by my side is every dream manifested. Follow your dreams wherever they may take you! Thank you Queensland for being so good to us.”

It should be noted that the actress played the role of Dani Sutherland on Home and Away before her departure from the long-running series more than two decades ago.

Her portrayal landed her the Most Popular New Female Talent Logie Award in 2001.

Watch Tammin’s performance as Dani here:

Credit: YouTube/Channel 10

However, when asked by her fans about her thoughts on returning to Home and Away, she told them to not get their hopes up.

“I think her time is done," she said during a Q&A on Instagram.

“Where did she go anyway?”

Since her departure from the Channel 10 series, Tammin has starred in popular American TV series such as The Young and the Restless, Hannah Montana, and Pretty Little Liars.

Sponsored
I loved watching Tammin on Home & Away so very happy to see she will appear in Neighbours. I have watched both shows for many, many years and hope her time will be much longer than 6 weeks.

Reactions: Ricci
I only started watching Home and Away in 2012, when I was in hospital for 4.5 months.
This was after Tammin was in it, so I don't know her either.
I've never watched Neighbours.

Tammin was/is a great actress and Neighbours will benefit from her role in the show.