SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
Hilarious pictures reveal how people 'wage war' through notes!

A lot of us have had to deal with passive-aggressive people at some point in our lives. You know the type – those folks who insist on leaving little 'hints' or 'pointers' for you instead of just coming out and saying what they really mean.

Depending on the circumstances, it can be frustrating and downright annoying. But sometimes, these same people can also be hilarious – especially when their attempts at being subtle fail miserably.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.52 AM.png
Some people choose to avoid conflict by leaving notes, no matter how passive-aggressive they may be. Credit: Pexels/Bruno Bueno.

That's why we here at the SDC got a good chuckle out of this gallery, compiled by Domesticated Companion, which features some of the funniest passive-aggressive notes ever written.

Now, without further ado, here are the other examples on the list; we hope you find them as humorous and entertaining as we did!

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.44 AM.png
A simple request not to park too close to the road was written with a hint of sarcasm. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

Well, it's true that a little sarcasm goes a long way. But how little is 'little' anyway? In the photo above, you can see a 'polite' note written for a driver who parked a little too far from the kerb.

It looks like the person who wrote it thinks they have a good reason to complain, so in a fit of anger, they wrote a message full of sarcasm. We can't say we blame them! (Let's hope the driver of the parked car didn't take it too seriously, though…)

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.39 AM.png
A neighbour mistook a doorknob for a muffin and went on to take it home. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

This person here was pretty lucky - upon discovering they lost their doorknob, a 'kind' neighbour admitted they mistakenly took it and returned the item. And the reason was hilarious: they thought it was a muffin!

Now we're so curious to know what they did with the knob once they had it. Did they try to bite it and then discover immediately it wasn't actually a muffin? Or do you think it still took a few moments (and a few more bites, maybe?) for the wave of realisation to hit?

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.35 AM.png
A driver who had a 'toilet emergency' had to leave a note saying they were sorry for parking in the wrong place. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

Obviously, they shouldn't have parked there, but you can't really blame the person for trying to get to the toilet quickly. They did leave a note, though, so that's something, eh?

If the parking attendants do come by, let's just hope they can give this driver a little more time to finish his 'business'.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.29 AM.png
One driver received a passive-aggressive note telling them to park 'with manners' because other drivers aren't 'sardines'. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

Unlike sardines in a can, cars in a parking lot cannot be crammed so closely together. If a fellow driver has to use an example like this to describe someone's parking skills, they're probably doing a really lousy job.

Besides, no one will be able to get out of their cars if they are parked too closely together. Some people really don't care about how hard things are for other folks, eh?

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.22 AM.png
After his package was stolen on his front porch, an angry homeowner penned a letter to his thieving neighbour. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

It is one thing to steal a man's package… but to steal the item that is designed to protect his 'package'? That is an entirely different issue!

Even though we're not quite sure what sport it is that the homeowner does, we hope it's not something very physically demanding, given that he doesn't have any 'protection'.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.16 AM.png
A grandparent wrote a scathing note to the thief who stole their granddaughter's paddling pool. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

We're not really sure why someone would decide to steal a little girl's paddling pool, but we're willing to bet they wouldn't give it a second thought if the grandparent was around at the time.

If the grandparent is capable of writing such a violent and threatening letter, we shudder to think what they would do if they ever lay eyes on the thief in person. Truly, there are no limits to a grandparent's love for their grandkids!

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.28.03 AM.png
Someone made the traffic officer search for the right parking ticket. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

Of all the notes on the list, this is without a doubt one of the most 'vicious'.

It's a fairly well-known fact that almost every driver despises receiving a parking fine. (Although we want to make it clear that traffic officers are just doing their jobs, which we fully support.)

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.27.55 AM.png
Someone wrote a letter to their neighbour, pretending to be concerned about their safety. Credit: Domesticated Companion.

At first glance, Nick here does seem genuinely worried about his next-door neighbour. However, this note was most likely the work of a greedy, opportunistic neighbour who lacked access to his own internet.

In any case, this serves as a friendly reminder that if you're using Wi-Fi and don't want strangers connecting to your network (and maybe even accessing your data!), you can always choose to protect your connection with a strong password.

There you have it! The next time you find yourself on the receiving end of some petty behaviour, just remember that as long as you can see the humour in it, you're already one step ahead.

We hope this list brought a smile to your face, members! If you have more to add to this ever-growing list, please feel free to leave a comment below.

• Haha
Reactions: BJM
A couple of years ago, I persistently had a dog defaecating on my nature strip.
It appeared to be the same dog, a large dog.
After months of cleaning up after this dog, I attached a note to my nature strip tree, outlining that local law that it's the dog owners legal requirement to pick up after their dog.
Another month went by, without any change to the twice daily deposits left outside.
In sheer frustration, I wrote another sign.
I said,
"Dear Dog,
Your owner is obviously lacking in manners and can't read. He is also breaking the law every time you do your toileting on the nature strip.
I know you can't pick it up, but your owner should, by law.
He will be fined when he gets caught.
Maybe you could do your business in your own home from now on. This would save your owner a fine."
Immediate response....didn't happen again!

Last edited:
A number of years ago a neighbour in our then street, would allow her large dog to poop on our front lawn every day. This was despite me tackling her about it as it was in process! Totally ignored, I decided to shovel up the next offending steaming mound and deposit it on her doorstep. Must have got the message through at last as it didn’t happen again. 👍

Had a dog up the road from me who was walked by the owners 2 kids every afternoon and they always let it crap on my nature strip. Spoke to the children and asked them very politely to clean it up and take it with them, was ignored so spoke to the parents, still ignored. So lay in wait one afternoon with a camera and took photos of said dog doing it's business and then told the kids that this photo was being sent to the Council along with their address. Father came down and yelled abuse at me but I pointed out to him that I was in the right as I had spoken to someone at the council and they said to get evidence so the owner could be held accountable. Low and behold from the next day onwards the dog was walked on the footpath on the opposite side of the road.
P.S. I never sent the photo to the council, just took one to deter the owners actions and obviously it worked.