Health authorities record 10 Monkeypox cases as largest recorded cluster to date

As the world grapples with various health challenges, a new concern has emerged for Queensland residents.

A cluster of ten linked monkeypox cases has been identified, marking the largest recorded cluster in the state to date.

This development has prompted swift action from health authorities, with contact tracing efforts in full swing to prevent further spread.

The cluster, separate from an earlier outbreak in Victoria, has raised questions and concerns among the community.

Queensland Health has been actively notifying the public of the locally acquired cases of monkeypox, now referred to as mpox, as of 30 May.

shutterstock_2159099357.jpg
Queensland Health has detected 10 cases of Monkeypox in Victoria. Credit: Shutterstock

Mpox is a viral disease that spreads through close contact with an infected person's skin lesions, body fluids, respiratory droplets, or contaminated items such as bedding or clothing.

While it can present as a mild illness with flu-like symptoms such as fever, headache, and swollen lymph nodes, it's the distinctive rash that often raises alarm.

This rash typically appears on the face one to three days after the onset of fever and can spread to other parts of the body.

The first case of mpox was reported in Australia in May 2022, and since then, the World Health Organisation has declared the outbreak a public health emergency of international concern.

On 28 July 2022, Australia's Chief Medical Officer followed suit, declaring monkeypox a communicable disease incident of national significance.

Victoria had confirmed 16 cases of mpox since 18 April, 13 of which were locally acquired.

‘All cases are currently linked, and contact tracing is underway by public health units,’ a spokesperson for Queensland Health said.

‘Anyone who has been in contact with someone with mpox should contact their local public health unit and monitor for symptoms for 21 days.’

Queensland Health added that high-risk groups such as sex workers are eligible for free vaccines through sexual health clinics and GPs.

‘Government-funded Mpox vaccine is available to people at greater risk of Mpox infection through sexual health clinics and some GPs,’ a spokesperson said.

‘Two doses of vaccine are needed for optimal protection, and vaccination reduces the risk of infection and severe disease.’

You can check the list of Queensland Mpox vaccine centres here.
Key Takeaways
  • Queensland Health has reported a cluster of ten linked cases of monkeypox, making it the largest cluster recorded in the state.
  • Contact tracing is underway, and those who have been in contact with an infected individual are urged to monitor for symptoms for 21 days.
  • High-risk groups, including sex workers in Queensland, have access to free vaccines for monkeypox, which require two doses for optimal protection.
  • Monkeypox can spread through close contact and presents symptoms similar to influenza, followed by a rash that starts on the face and can spread to other body parts.
Have you or someone you know been affected by the mpox outbreak? Share your experiences and tips for staying healthy in the comments below.

Sponsored
If I get either RSV, or C19 (again), I'll be dead. Being dead is no problem, having tried it once, but getting there by avoidable inflammatory respiratory disease (against which there is a vaccine) is just plain stupid and miserable whilst it lasts. My lungs were bad enough before Covid, but afterwards? Walking up the drive-way is now hard enough, and that is a mere 5 degree slope at best. I have an interesting genetic lung condition as do at least 8 000 others in Australia and if a non-smoker, it will stop one from climbing mountains when about 60-65 years old, as it did me. If a smoker, completely knackered by 50.

So yes; I thought to give the C19 vaccination (sorry, Astra-Zeneca and other mRNA microchip implants) a try, and after number 6 I am hale and hearty, bar the results of that bloody Xmas-time Covid excursion at the END of vaccination period number 5 and just when a brand-new Omicron had come on the market. So I'll have a chat to the quack about spending $330 on the RSV vaccination. I don't want to be able to advise you about how that respiratory virus feels, although if I get it, I probably won't.

That vaccination might even stop me from passing RSV onto my wife, who works in the local hospital; break the chain of transmission, according to the WHO's world-domination conspiracy. Vale Semmelweiss!
@Rob44 - I wish you well mate.
You must feel the pressure of the risks you are facing, w/o someone like me coming on here talking about other risks.
It must feel like the sword of Damocles hanging over you.
I can't imaging living with such a thing, though my wife has terminal bone cancer, and I am fully behind every option offered to her by professional oncologists.

I am not proposing anyone here believe what I am offering - just to think about it as a cautionary thing.
So much is now emerging in both legal and professional circles to question how the Pandemic was handled. I have attempted to explain a bit of those findings here, and certainly not as conspiracy.

It is now recognised that the vaccines have indeed harmed and yes - killed - some people - particularly the boosters.

In the UK, payouts to vax-injured people is approaching the many-millions of pounds.

The same is now happening in Australia.
No idea about the US at this time - Congress is still assessing and interviewing witnesses.

You have described the onset of Cardiac Tamponade.
Simple life-saving action in ED is to insert a hypodermic needle into the pericarial sac, and withdraw the fluid building up.
This can be done in ED without an anaesthetic.
Having years of experience in ED, Coronary Care and Intensive Care, it's well-known to me.
Not sure where this is all going - I am not clear on why I am being surreptitiously painted as a conspiracy theorist.
That's not fair, because I have disclaimed where a statement could be seen as hyperbole, and gived accurate and published, peer-reviewed references to other claims I have published here.

I have not rubbished either of you (@Rob44 or @JimmyFlatrock) but I have at times offered alternate reasoning.

Is it true, or isn't it, that:

"The injection of protein foreign to the body, without having any control over which body cells will produce it, in what dose and for how long, is the mRNA technology.

The body's cells are forced to reproduce this spike protein, which will be mistakenly recognised by our immune systems as foreign, and destroy those cells - much like the rejection of a foreign organ that is transplanted into the body.

The alleged modified RNA vaccination coerces your body to produce a toxin in unknown dose, and for an unknown period of time, literally transforming parts of the body into foreign organs, as would be recognised by our immune system (Vaccine-Induced Auto-immune Disease).

The mRNA platform must be banned, until all of the required testing for complete approval has been done."

In my view it may be premature to be switching all other vaccines over to the mRNA platform. I think they are rushing headlong into a disaster that cannot be undone. Once the shots are in the body - they are there forever. This not just my opinion.

So far we have seen evidence in varous European Courts, where Pfizer has admitted that research was not completed, or even done in some phases, despite telling the CDC that it was.
Fines are yet to be determined, and this won't happen until after Pfizer itself is charged with falsifying research (not for the first time).

I have never stated here that I am anti-vax, but I am vehemently opposed to continuing use of the mRNA Booster shots, beyond the Emergency Use Authorisation.
"ALL myocarditis and pericarditis events during the study period occurred in vaccinated individuals,”.

Take that out of context and it is as misleading as any of Pfizer's alleged lies about testing. ALL myocarditis and pericarditis events? That is utterly incorrect unless I am an outlier amongst ALL 8.5 billion people on this planet. But that is how assorted anti-vaxxers use that type of statement.

For those who don't know, pericarditis ( been there done that pre-covid outbreak) feels like the irritation by bruise or slight tear to the inter-costal muscles between the ribs aligned with the heart, possibly linked with back pain on the same side. It may migrate to just under the sternum where it may be interpreted as some form of wind in the stomach. Or you may feel nothing, even if you have it. Or it may lead to the ED in your local hospital. It does not necessarily kill or cripple you, and it may resolve quietly and without interference in one's life. So it is one of those less well-defied aches and pains in one's normal life and no doubt, as with many generally minor inflammations, there is not necessarily one defined cause.

That simplistic statement about "ALL myocarditis and pericarditis events during the study period "are the sort of statements that a good scientific reviewer and competent journal editor should disallow. It is at best a misleading use of English, or is a deliberate falsehood.

Thanks for making your position very clear.

"ALL myocarditis and pericarditis events during the study period occurred in vaccinated individuals,”.

Take that out of context and it is as misleading as any of Pfizer's alleged lies about testing. ALL myocarditis and pericarditis events? That is utterly incorrect unless I am an outlier amongst ALL 8.5 billion people on this planet. But that is how assorted anti-vaxxers use that type of statement.

For those who don't know, pericarditis ( been there done that pre-covid outbreak) feels like the irritation by bruise or slight tear to the inter-costal muscles between the ribs aligned with the heart, possibly linked with back pain on the same side. It may migrate to just under the sternum where it may be interpreted as some form of wind in the stomach. Or you may feel nothing, even if you have it. Or it may lead to the ED in your local hospital. It does not necessarily kill or cripple you, and it may resolve quietly and without interference in one's life. So it is one of those less well-defied aches and pains in one's normal life and no doubt, as with many generally minor inflammations, there is not necessarily one defined cause.

That simplistic statement about "ALL myocarditis and pericarditis events during the study period "are the sort of statements that a good scientific reviewer and competent journal editor should disallow. It is at best a misleading use of English, or is a deliberate falsehood.

Thanks for making your position very clear.
I try ... but I'm interested in exactly "what" position it is that I have "made very clear."

Anyone who has had pleurosy will have experienced the same symptoms as pericarditis, with some differences. But you know all that. Same pain nerve pathways shared

The quote above included the words "during the study period" means "discovered in study participants" but you may have missed that little bit. It was a peer-reviewed study but that won't matter to some. They will persist in calling everyone who offers light, to be "anti-vax."

When a study is conducted, guidelines validate results.
If you think those results are invalid, then you are a conspiracy theorist, and not following the science.

tbh I don't give a rats what people call me - my medical experience tells me what I need to know, and that is to trust the science. Some people believe anyone who talks the talk to be telling the truth, based on science. They are not, but time will tell.

Re Pericarditis: Diagnosis cannot be made symptomatically - ECG (and sometimes Cardic CT) are common diagnostic tools, along with serial Troponin studies and Cardiac Enzymes yada yada, but you know all that.

I think I'll go and see if the vegetables have cooked.
Nothing I can add will be of assistance.
Cheers mate - hope you stay well.
I don't know what I have done to you for you to be so obtuse, but I hold no hard feelings.

I try ... but I'm interested in exactly "what" position it is that I have "made very clear."

Anyone who has had pleurosy will have experienced the same symptoms as pericarditis, with some differences. But you know all that. Same pain nerve pathways shared

The quote above included the words "during the study period" means "discovered in study participants" but you may have missed that little bit. It was a peer-reviewed study but that won't matter to some. They will persist in calling everyone who offers light, to be "anti-vax."

When a study is conducted, guidelines validate results.
If you think those results are invalid, then you are a conspiracy theorist, and not following the science.

tbh I don't give a rats what people call me - my medical experience tells me what I need to know, and that is to trust the science. Some people believe anyone who talks the talk to be telling the truth, based on science. They are not, but time will tell.

Re Pericarditis: Diagnosis cannot be made symptomatically - ECG (and sometimes Cardic CT) are common diagnostic tools, along with serial Troponin studies and Cardiac Enzymes yada yada, but you know all that.

I think I'll go and see if the vegetables have cooked.
Nothing I can add will be of assistance.
Cheers mate - hope you stay well.
I don't know what I have done to you for you to be so obtuse, but I hold no hard feelings.
Your position has been made clear, I respect it, and thank you.

As for that peer-reviewed paper; I have reviewed plenty of professional academic papers and also edited such as editor. That use of English is misleading and needs revision. "Pericarditis was discovered in all those who had been vaccinated during this study and is attributed to the vaccine used." That is better English as it is more clear. The reasons for the attribution then follow logically. Modern academic English is quite often dreadful, being full of acronyms and gormless noun-strings that, unless one speaks that lingo, can be ambiguous and thus very confusing .

This information is not intended for those previously indicating wilful blindness and deafness.
Nothing will help those who ignore evidence.

Instead it is offered to assist those who HAVE suffered vaccine injury, and are looking for confirmation that what they have suffered is real, and is now, thankfully being recognised.

Dr John Campbell has been at the forefront in reporting the amazing saga of the mRNA 'vaccines' and now there are emerging - as I reported in a couple of earlier posts - more peer-reviewed articles with data gleaned, in this case, from 42 countries over the past 3 or 4 years.

The article reports research emanating from the Netherlands, and is reported in The British Medical Journal (mainstream).

Don't be afraid of being ridiculed. Some people get off cheaply (peanut gallery and cheap seats) at the expense of those who have experiences that they are incapable of understanding. They've had their say, so let's ignore them so you can have yours.

Feel free to share your experiences, or the experiences of someone you can verify, who has had an adverse vaccine reaction.

As shared earlier, my own mother died (17.12.21 in Bundaberg) following an Astrazeneca booster - a fact some respondents thought was an opportunity to offer ridicule. Not to be put of by cheap shots, I offer this above report to let you know that awarenes and credibility is now growing in all the right circles, and so you are now more likely to be believed by your GP and so on, than previously.

As Dr Campbell says - "This will all come out now."

No need to be insulting - we are having an open discussion here.
Hey Ingot, had reason to come back to this thread and noticed all the palaver after I stopped looking at.

I can understand you misinterpreting the bit about the L plater, but it was actually directed at myself in a post to Rob44 and his replies about RSV.

Bit of the old self-deprecating stuff as it were.

No harm intended and if you recall, I did wish you well earlier on.

It was just one awful (imo) link you had sent that led me to believe you had taken a wrong turn at the fork in the road.

This information is not intended for those previously indicating wilful blindness and deafness.
Nothing will help those who ignore evidence.

Instead it is offered to assist those who HAVE suffered vaccine injury, and are looking for confirmation that what they have suffered is real, and is now, thankfully being recognised.

Dr John Campbell has been at the forefront in reporting the amazing saga of the mRNA 'vaccines' and now there are emerging - as I reported in a couple of earlier posts - more peer-reviewed articles with data gleaned, in this case, from 42 countries over the past 3 or 4 years.

The article reports research emanating from the Netherlands, and is reported in The British Medical Journal (mainstream).

Don't be afraid of being ridiculed. Some people get off cheaply (peanut gallery and cheap seats) at the expense of those who have experiences that they are incapable of understanding. They've had their say, so let's ignore them so you can have yours.

Feel free to share your experiences, or the experiences of someone you can verify, who has had an adverse vaccine reaction.

As shared earlier, my own mother died (17.12.21 in Bundaberg) following an Astrazeneca booster - a fact some respondents thought was an opportunity to offer ridicule. Not to be put of by cheap shots, I offer this above report to let you know that awarenes and credibility is now growing in all the right circles, and so you are now more likely to be believed by your GP and so on, than previously.

As Dr Campbell says - "This will all come out now."

That's an interesting video.
I'm feeling a tad lost here, but, I think there is a connection to that video and this one. Do you think that as well? This is the reason I returned to this thread after previously having had enough.