About 10 years ago I had m
Have you ever accidentally broken the law?

Hey there, members!

I hope everyone's doing well and staying out of trouble. 😏 Speaking of trouble, I had a bit of a mishap the other day that got me thinking about some of the more... let's say, ‘interesting’ moments in my life. And that's why I wanted to start this thread today.

So here's the deal. I drove to the store the other day to pick up a few essentials. I drove a few blocks before I realised I had forgotten to bring my wallet where my driver’s licence was. So, of course, I turned around to grab it. But in that brief moment of forgetfulness, I technically broke the law by driving without my licence. Yikes! 😬

That little incident got me thinking: have any of you ever accidentally broken the law? Maybe you went a little too fast on the highway or did something slightly daring when you were younger. Nothing serious, of course – just some funny stories that we can all laugh about together. We obviously don't condone breaking the law, but accidents happen, and sometimes they make for the best stories.

So if you've got a tale to tell, please share it with us! Let's have a good chuckle and maybe even learn a thing or two.

View attachment 19382
Credits: Pexels

y

Hey there, members!

I hope everyone's doing well and staying out of trouble. 😏 Speaking of trouble, I had a bit of a mishap the other day that got me thinking about some of the more... let's say, ‘interesting’ moments in my life. And that's why I wanted to start this thread today.

So here's the deal. I drove to the store the other day to pick up a few essentials. I drove a few blocks before I realised I had forgotten to bring my wallet where my driver’s licence was. So, of course, I turned around to grab it. But in that brief moment of forgetfulness, I technically broke the law by driving without my licence. Yikes! 😬

That little incident got me thinking: have any of you ever accidentally broken the law? Maybe you went a little too fast on the highway or did something slightly daring when you were younger. Nothing serious, of course – just some funny stories that we can all laugh about together. We obviously don't condone breaking the law, but accidents happen, and sometimes they make for the best stories.

So if you've got a tale to tell, please share it with us! Let's have a good chuckle and maybe even learn a thing or two.

View attachment 19382

Reactions: Jarred Santos

Hey there, members!

View attachment 19382

About 10 years ago I had my Jack Russell (Mikki) in the car with me - she had on her jammies (pink house coat I called it). Anyway we were sitting at the lights and (car in park and hand brake on) I popped her up at the wheel and I ducked down. Well, didnt know there was an undercover Police car next to me - anyway I sat up popped Mikki in her seat - lights changed and off we went. A block away we were pulled over - I was interrogated about the dog in a pink frock at the wheel and I cheekily interrupted and said "its actually not a frock its a house coat" and that was the beginning of an hour long lecture and near miss fine.

A number of years ago I was on call for a hospital department and the after hours manager rang me that I should come in asap for an emergency procedure .Grabbed my belongings and off I went and hit the road . As it was after midnight , not much traffic and I drove faster as I usually do . Then there were the cops on the side of the road and stopped me . Asked if I had a reason for speeding and I answered that I was called in to work to do an emergency procedure . They let me go with a warning to drive safely and that is what I always do

Yes I did and police caught me in the act,
I drive a scooter and my partner rang me he neeeded someting quick and he was just a few roads away, so I took whatever he needed and in the rush forgot to put my helmet on
And as I mentioned before one corner later a policemen caught me and told me i need to go (be food) back and get my helmet otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive
So I did but he was nice and didn't give me a fine
Gaby

Technically I didn't steal anything. It was my friend.
Back in 1989 with a 2mth old baby in a pram I went shopping with a friend. She placed a couple of bras on the handle of the pram without my knowledge and they slipped down the side where I didn't see them.
We went through a checkout and paid for our goods and it wasn't until we got back to her car and I was folding the pram down that I discovered the bras. As they weren't mine I wasn't taking them back and she just said "Nope nor am I, it would be too embarrassing" so she just put them in the car and we drove off.

Hey there, members!

View attachment 19382

Early last year driving home from work I was re-ended by a small work truck. I pulled over but he just passed me and drove off. Wth? So I took off after him. We stopped off at a set of lights and I took a photo of his number plate with my mobile phone. Later I went to the police station to report the incident as there was damage to my rear bumper and of course I showed the police officer my phone with the photo of the number plate, explaining that I took it while I was stopped at traffic lights but he said it was ok this time.

Last year my sister noticed that the drivers licence in my wallet was expired. I couldn't understand why I hadn't received my new one when I paid the renewal. So I go online to check & no record of my lic #. I keep a running sheet of bills & regular payments due throughout the year, and it had been marked as paid. As I always pay my Drivers Licence for 5 yrs, had not thought about it since.
Turns out for some unknown reason the payment hadn't gone through and i had been driving on an expired licence (and therefore no valid insurance) for just under two years. I freaked ! Fortunately because it was under 2 yrs, I was able to go in and renew it without having to apply for a new licence and go through all the tests.
I was horrified that I had been unknowingly breaking the law for all that time. Thank God I never had an accident or got pulled up by police.
😯

A number of years ago I was on call for a hospital department and the after hours manager rang me that I should come in asap for an emergency procedure .Grabbed my belongings and off I went and hit the road . As it was after midnight , not much traffic and I drove faster as I usually do . Then there were the cops on the side of the road and stopped me . Asked if I had a reason for speeding and I answered that I was called in to work to do an emergency procedure . They let me go with a warning to drive safely and that is what I always do
My daughter is often on call and will get called into work in the middle of the night usually for emergency C Section and I know she speeds to get there.

When my other daughter went to hospital in labour my daughter who I mentioned above and myself were her support people and we made a trip that normally takes around 15 minutes we made it there in 7 minutes, now that was a ride of my life. This was at 1am so no traffic

Hey there, members!

View attachment 19382

Way back in 1972 missed my school bus so walked down to our local newsagent to catch the town bus. While waiting I went inside and started to read my favorite comic book. As I was reading the bus turned up early and I ran outside to catch it. While on the bus I realised I still had the comic book in my hand, so when I got home, I rang the newsagent and explained to them what happen. They said it was OK as they noticed what had happened (the owners were close friends of the family) and all I had to do was the next afternoon I was to return the comic book or bring the money to pay for it. I took in the money.
Was great growing up in a country town where everyone knew you. Sad thing is, now-a-days, even living in the same town, this would not have been the outcome.

My husband and I decided to have Chinese one night. As I walked out thinking my husband was paying for it, I soon found him behind me. When asked how much it cost he said he thought I paid for it when at the car. I went back in and paid for it and they thanked me. I never have felt so embarrassed.

Well, that Topic most certainly identifies a lot of people doesn't it! ha ha ha.

Unfortunately, as a life loving larrikin natured, free-spirited adventurer, who has travelled Australia extensively since I was seventeen, my past adventures also contain a few miss adventures that are way more extreme, than is practical, for me to post.

And though often (but not always) I was caught up in all innocence in an evolving situation, I have most certainly gone waaaay beyond the normal, more than once.

However NEVER have I ever exhibited bad or unruly behavior.

All I can say in a public forum is yep. I have left more than a few people, wide eyed when recounting a few past experiences in a social setting, there's no doubt about that!

A couple of years ago, we had lunch at a local tavern and went home afterwards. A few hours later, realised we forgot to pay for the meal!!! So, in real terms, we “did a runner”. We went back and explained to the manager what had happened and he laughed. He said he got many such cases & many didn’t come back & pay...
We did the same😃,, had to drive 20k back to pay, same same the manager laughed and thanked us. The very next time there he bought us our first drinks.. Pays to be honest👍

Last edited:
Early last year driving home from work I was re-ended by a small work truck. I pulled over but he just passed me and drove off. Wth? So I took off after him. We stopped off at a set of lights and I took a photo of his number plate with my mobile phone. Later I went to the police station to report the incident as there was damage to my rear bumper and of course I showed the police officer my phone with the photo of the number plate, explaining that I took it while I was stopped at traffic lights but he said it was ok this time.
Omg did l stuff up!? I wasn’t ‘re-ended’, l was ‘rear ended’ ! 😂🫣🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Well, that Topic most certainly identifies a lot of people doesn't it! ha ha ha.

Unfortunately, as a life loving larrikin natured, free-spirited adventurer, who has travelled Australia extensively since I was seventeen, my past adventures also contain a few miss adventures that are way more extreme, than is practical, for me to post.

And though often (but not always) I was caught up in all innocence in an evolving situation, I have most certainly gone waaaay beyond the normal, more than once.

However NEVER have I ever exhibited bad or unruly behavior.

All I can say in a public forum is yep. I have left more than a few people, wide eyed when recounting a few past experiences in a social setting, there's no doubt about that!
Well you do know how to tease people @Pink lion! Now I'm really curious! :LOL: