Gross! Watch this video of maggots squirming on a McDonald's ketchup dispenser

We’ve all had the occasional bad experience at a fast-food restaurant. Whether it’s being served soggy chips, mushy burger buns, or a tasteless mystery meat patty, these unfortunate incidents happen to the best of us.

But one mother's recent trip to the fast-food chain left a bad taste in her mouth – quite literally.

We all love to treat ourselves to a cheap meal every now and then. But when this mum from the UK took her kids to McDonald’s, she learned that making home-cooked meals was safer for her children to eat.

Corinne, 36, was shocked to discover 'maggots' squirming in the tomato sauce dispenser after she stopped by the fast-food restaurant to buy a meal for her children.

ew1.JPG
Corinne posted the graphic video as a warning to other customers. Credit: DailyMail UK

She was waiting for her food order at a branch in Letchworth, Hertfordshire when she decided to get some tomato sauce for her son's chicken nuggets. ‘I went to use the pump and when I was picking up the pot, I saw them moving,’ she said.

She also warned another lady who was about to get sauce as well. ‘I pointed it out to her, and she just made a “yuck” face and left.’

In the video, the maggots can be seen wriggling at the nozzle end of the dispenser. However, Corinne mentioned she could see the revolting larvae throughout the length of the dispenser. Yikes!

‘I pointed it out to a girl who was cleaning the floor and she didn’t believe me at first, so I showed her,’ Corinne said.

The manager, who looked ‘about 15’, just shrugged and told Corinne that the pump hasn’t worked in a while. Corinne still took the food she bought but thoroughly checked the contents if there were any sickening pests inside.

Corinne vowed never to return to that Macca’s branch ever again. ‘Definitely not that one, and I will need a good long while before I go back to any,’ she said.

A spokesperson from McDonald’s said they were investigating the matter. They said: ‘Food safety and hygiene is of the utmost importance to us. We are extremely disappointed to see that we have fallen short on this occasion.’

They also reassured customers that when the matter was brought to their attention, the employees from that specific branch immediately took the dispensers to be cleaned and sanitised.

Another video of maggots swirling around a sauce dispenser circulated on Facebook – but it was posted by a different user, and was taken at a different McDonald’s branch. The post, which has now gone viral with almost 700,000 views, also had Facebook users reeling with disgust.

One woman commented: ‘That’s utterly disgusting and they could get shut down for that!’

Someone else suggested that the video be sent to the Food Standards Agency for investigation. While others joked around and said the maggots are a source of ‘extra protein’. Yeah, no thank you!

If you’re brave enough, you can watch Corinne’s video here:

Key Takeaways

• A mother found maggots squirming in a tomato sauce dispenser at a McDonald's in Letchworth, Hertfordshire.
  • The mother, Corinne, had ordered chicken nuggets for her kids before thinking of getting some sauce to accompany the meal.
  • Corinne says she saw the maggots squirming throughout the length of the tube.
  • McDonald's confirmed it is investigating the matter.
Well, that was quite the story, folks! Corinne’s video seems like it was taken straight out of a nightmare, wouldn’t you agree? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

• Angry
Reactions: Chris and Ricci
Sponsored
We’ve all had the occasional bad experience at a fast-food restaurant. Whether it’s being served soggy chips, mushy burger buns, or a tasteless mystery meat patty, these unfortunate incidents happen to the best of us.

But one mother's recent trip to the fast-food chain left a bad taste in her mouth – quite literally.

We all love to treat ourselves to a cheap meal every now and then. But when this mum from the UK took her kids to McDonald’s, she learned that making home-cooked meals was safer for her children to eat.

Corinne, 36, was shocked to discover 'maggots' squirming in the tomato sauce dispenser after she stopped by the fast-food restaurant to buy a meal for her children.

View attachment 7720
Corinne posted the graphic video as a warning to other customers. Credit: DailyMail UK

She was waiting for her food order at a branch in Letchworth, Hertfordshire when she decided to get some tomato sauce for her son's chicken nuggets. ‘I went to use the pump and when I was picking up the pot, I saw them moving,’ she said.

She also warned another lady who was about to get sauce as well. ‘I pointed it out to her, and she just made a “yuck” face and left.’

In the video, the maggots can be seen wriggling at the nozzle end of the dispenser. However, Corinne mentioned she could see the revolting larvae throughout the length of the dispenser. Yikes!

‘I pointed it out to a girl who was cleaning the floor and she didn’t believe me at first, so I showed her,’ Corinne said.

The manager, who looked ‘about 15’, just shrugged and told Corinne that the pump hasn’t worked in a while. Corinne still took the food she bought but thoroughly checked the contents if there were any sickening pests inside.

Corinne vowed never to return to that Macca’s branch ever again. ‘Definitely not that one, and I will need a good long while before I go back to any,’ she said.

A spokesperson from McDonald’s said they were investigating the matter. They said: ‘Food safety and hygiene is of the utmost importance to us. We are extremely disappointed to see that we have fallen short on this occasion.’

They also reassured customers that when the matter was brought to their attention, the employees from that specific branch immediately took the dispensers to be cleaned and sanitised.

Another video of maggots swirling around a sauce dispenser circulated on Facebook – but it was posted by a different user, and was taken at a different McDonald’s branch. The post, which has now gone viral with almost 700,000 views, also had Facebook users reeling with disgust.

One woman commented: ‘That’s utterly disgusting and they could get shut down for that!’

Someone else suggested that the video be sent to the Food Standards Agency for investigation. While others joked around and said the maggots are a source of ‘extra protein’. Yeah, no thank you!

Key Takeaways

• A mother found maggots squirming in a tomato sauce dispenser at a McDonald's in Letchworth, Hertfordshire.
  • The mother, Corinne, had ordered chicken nuggets for her kids before thinking of getting some sauce to accompany the meal.
Well, that was quite the story, folks! Corinne’s video seems like it was taken straight out of a nightmare, wouldn’t you agree? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Disgusting. Surely the staff who fill the dispenser have a duty to empty it and wash it out before adding the fresh ketchup. A fly has laid these eggs which have hatched. Revolting in the extreme.

Macca's Maggot's a new meal, lol. But seriously they are not disgusting they have their place in the world and nature. What's disgusting is the people that neglect to regularly clean out these dispensers. Last time I ate at Macca's was that long ago I can't recall. Well over twenty or more years ago. I do remember the big mac I bought was a greasy, sloppy mess of a burger. I took it back and they gave me a refund and a free one. THe free one was just as disgusting and messy.

Reactions: Ricci and Marj53
I can’t understand why, after seeing that, she would still take the food & give it to her children, even though she checked it, not all germs are visible to the naked eye. There’s no way I’d eat or let my children eat food from there. 🤢🤮

View attachment 7720

Key Takeaways

McMaggots! Nothing new there! Another good reason to boycott this institution. They breed obesity and diabetes while sucking dollars from the ignorant.
Personally, I started my own boycott in 1979, and will continue till I drop. My shadow will never darken their threshold!!!!

Good thing McDonald's in Australia don't have sauce bottles .

I just got through today taking care of my 19 year old son . Both my son and his friend ate subway yesterday and both got very sick with food poisoning

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci