Gross! This Teen Allegedly Found Mouse Droppings in Her McDonald's Bag - Here's The Full Story

The safety of the food we consume is of utmost importance. To ensure that the food we eat is safe, it is important to practice good food hygiene and handling.

Food hygiene is the set of practices that aim to prevent foodborne illnesses. These illnesses are caused by the contamination of food with harmful bacteria, viruses, or parasites. Contamination can occur at any stage of the food chain, from production to consumption.

Food handling is another important aspect of food safety. It is the set of practices that aim to keep food clean and free of contaminants. These practices include washing hands, cooking food properly, and avoiding cross-contamination.

Keeping these in mind, it is especially upsetting when the food that we order comes with some 'added extras'...

A Macca's customer alleged that she discovered mouse droppings at the bottom of her take-out bag after almost finishing her entire meal.

19-year-old Hannah Whittome aired her frustration on TikTok following a trip to McDonald's with her boyfriend on September 4.

'We went through the drive-thru, got our food and then I realised when I was eating it, I was almost done, there was mouse poo in my food,' the Perth resident said in her video.

'I was pretty angry and disgusted when I saw it, as you would be.'

She also claimed that after calling the store 'four times’, no one picked up the phone.

Ms Whittome shared: 'So I decided to go in and confront them about it.'

'The young manager did not handle the situation very well... She was on her phone the whole time apparently messaging the store manager.'

'She brushed it off her shoulder like it was nothing and made me feel quite irrelevant when it was quite a big situation.'

Additionally, the customer revealed that a staff member refused to give her a refund and offered to give her complimentary meals instead.

'Even though it was a small piece of poo, it is still poo in your food and can be very toxic and dangerous if ingested,' Ms Whittome said, claiming that she declined the offer.

'I formally emailed and completed a written report to McDonald's about what had happened... and they said they would get back to me in 1-2 business days.'

'I said if they didn't, I would be taking it further to social media... And so I did four days later. I still haven't had a reply.'

PoyIf0iMbr88c86iK7X9aOq6MmnArOyJWxISglLNfmCjUmiswXxqfUqcQMFLz0WrEdJDGk1omcTP0XUue0EGUgAMabcRwDYg9oE-Qv9ftX0ei_E1GbX_50E3W4mkCm0rp8nvuxHy8R3vp4viCw0MwYahUGnJUuVVzOYCfOYPuZfzuTqyp7a8uMyR

McDonald’s confirmed that they are currently working on resolving the issue. Credit: TikTok/@hannahwhittome.

She also got in touch with the Health Department but hasn't heard back yet.

In a statement, McDonald's stated that they are currently investigating the issue and are working to resolve it.

A Macca's representative said: 'McDonald's takes food and drink safety extremely seriously.'

'Our restaurants follow strict cleaning, sanitisation, quality control and hygiene procedures, at all times.'

'We have spoken with the customer to express our disappointment with her experience and to offer vouchers for future visits. We are working with the restaurant to investigate this further.'

Restaurants and food outlets are responsible for the handling of the food that they serve to their customers. This includes ensuring that the food is cooked properly and stored correctly. If a restaurant or food outlet serves food that has been mishandled, they may be liable for any resulting illnesses.

If you have been ill after eating at a restaurant or food outlet, you should contact the restaurant or food outlet immediately. You should also contact your doctor if you have any concerns about your health.

Have you experienced receiving food that appeared to be contaminated before? How did you handle the situation?

• Angry
Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
If only people knew how McDonald's are with their hygiene, they are one of the cleanest take away restaurants

They have to be as they get regular visits from head office and are at times a surprise visit. They lose points for not being up to standards

There are great rewards for the staff especially managers who run the shifts including cleaning thoroughly

Their food bags are packed tight and lay flat.
If there were by chance mouse droppings then it must have happened from the supplier of the bags even then I doubt it

They fumigate every week including rodent bait

Too many social media influences out there trying to make a name for themselves at the expense of others.

Last edited:
The safety of the food we consume is of utmost importance. To ensure that the food we eat is safe, it is important to practice good food hygiene and handling.

Food hygiene is the set of practices that aim to prevent foodborne illnesses. These illnesses are caused by the contamination of food with harmful bacteria, viruses, or parasites. Contamination can occur at any stage of the food chain, from production to consumption.

Food handling is another important aspect of food safety. It is the set of practices that aim to keep food clean and free of contaminants. These practices include washing hands, cooking food properly, and avoiding cross-contamination.

Keeping these in mind, it is especially upsetting when the food that we order comes with some 'added extras'...

A Macca's customer alleged that she discovered mouse droppings at the bottom of her take-out bag after almost finishing her entire meal.

19-year-old Hannah Whittome aired her frustration on TikTok following a trip to McDonald's with her boyfriend on September 4.

'We went through the drive-thru, got our food and then I realised when I was eating it, I was almost done, there was mouse poo in my food,' the Perth resident said in her video.

'I was pretty angry and disgusted when I saw it, as you would be.'

She also claimed that after calling the store 'four times’, no one picked up the phone.

Ms Whittome shared: 'So I decided to go in and confront them about it.'

'The young manager did not handle the situation very well... She was on her phone the whole time apparently messaging the store manager.'

'She brushed it off her shoulder like it was nothing and made me feel quite irrelevant when it was quite a big situation.'

Additionally, the customer revealed that a staff member refused to give her a refund and offered to give her complimentary meals instead.

'Even though it was a small piece of poo, it is still poo in your food and can be very toxic and dangerous if ingested,' Ms Whittome said, claiming that she declined the offer.

'I formally emailed and completed a written report to McDonald's about what had happened... and they said they would get back to me in 1-2 business days.'

'I said if they didn't, I would be taking it further to social media... And so I did four days later. I still haven't had a reply.'

PoyIf0iMbr88c86iK7X9aOq6MmnArOyJWxISglLNfmCjUmiswXxqfUqcQMFLz0WrEdJDGk1omcTP0XUue0EGUgAMabcRwDYg9oE-Qv9ftX0ei_E1GbX_50E3W4mkCm0rp8nvuxHy8R3vp4viCw0MwYahUGnJUuVVzOYCfOYPuZfzuTqyp7a8uMyR

McDonald’s confirmed that they are currently working on resolving the issue. Credit: TikTok/@hannahwhittome.

She also got in touch with the Health Department but hasn't heard back yet.

In a statement, McDonald's stated that they are currently investigating the issue and are working to resolve it.

A Macca's representative said: 'McDonald's takes food and drink safety extremely seriously.'

'Our restaurants follow strict cleaning, sanitisation, quality control and hygiene procedures, at all times.'

'We have spoken with the customer to express our disappointment with her experience and to offer vouchers for future visits. We are working with the restaurant to investigate this further.'

Restaurants and food outlets are responsible for the handling of the food that they serve to their customers. This includes ensuring that the food is cooked properly and stored correctly. If a restaurant or food outlet serves food that has been mishandled, they may be liable for any resulting illnesses.

If you have been ill after eating at a restaurant or food outlet, you should contact the restaurant or food outlet immediately. You should also contact your doctor if you have any concerns about your health.

Have you experienced receiving food that appeared to be contaminated before? How did you handle the situation?

Refuse to read this…disgusting story!!!! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: Macarj and Ricci
If only people knew how McDonald's are with their hygiene, they are one of the cleanest take away restaurants

They have to be as they get regular visits from head office and are at times a surprise visit. They lose points for not being up to standards

There are great rewards for the staff especially managers who run the shifts including cleaning thoroughly

Their food bags are packed tight and lay flat.
If there were by chance mouse droppings then it must have happened from the supplier of the bags even then I doubt it

They fumigate every week including rodent bait

Too many social media influences out there trying to make a name for themselves at the expense of others.
Totally agree - again I make the point of the person having to have their "puss" in the photo. More self-promotion in evidence again!

Reactions: Suzanne rose