SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
Groom shocks wedding guests by revealing bride's 'dirty little secret' during toast

One groom has gone viral online after sharing a shocking secret about his new wife during his wedding speech.

Surprise surprise, the revelation the newly married couple had to go through shortly after their marriage left many viewers laughing and shaking their heads, with many saying that it was 'unexpected' and 'crazy'.

It was caught on camera when the newly married couple from Scotland, Ian Young, decided to surprise his new wife, Katie, by sharing the 'brutally honest' story about how they met.

The wedding speech of the couple was captured by Knoxland Films, the company hired to film their wedding, and was uploaded on TikTok, with the caption reading: 'Groom reveals shocking scandal on bride during toasts.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 7.41.51 AM.png
During his toast, a groom went on to reveal his wife's 'dirty little secret'. Credit: Pexels/Dimitri Kuliuk.

'I do feel Katie and I need to be a little more honest with you all today,' Ian starts in the video.

'David the celebrant mentioned that we met for the first time at the cricket club, got chatting and shared a kiss later that night. Whilst that is true, we left out a few bits along the way,' he added while winking and making the audience laugh.

'After that, I apologised for my lack of chat and although she'll deny it to this day, she said to me, "Why don't you take my number and we can meet up another time?".'

Ian went on to say: 'A bit thirsty if you ask me – but I was so out of practice that I didn't even take her number and instead went outside to get us a couple of drinks being the gentleman that I am.'

'When I came back, I saw that she was kissing another guy,' Ian continued, shocking the audience and leaving his new wife, Katie, embarrassed and self-conscious: 'I realised now this is a fairly common occurrence for Kate.'

'In true style of my own, I just downed the two drinks and went back on the dance floor.'

The groom also joked that he was 'still nervous to go to the bar and leave Katie unattended,' before adding: 'This marriage could be over tonight.'

The revelation left thousands of users on social media in shock, with many saying that they were not expecting the twist in the newlyweds' story. Since the video was posted on Sunday, it has been viewed more than 1.6 million times. Not surprising, eh?

While many people found Ian's cheeky tale 'hilarious', others thought 'embarrassing' his wife on their wedding day was a bad move.

'Imagine filing for divorce during the reception – never a good idea to embarrass the partner at the wedding,' one user wrote in the comments. Another agreed and added: 'Poor woman.'

Others questioned if the couple is still together after such an unexpected event occurred. But then again, not all relationships end up in a bitter divorce. Some couples can survive through anything, even if it's a brutal surprise at their wedding.

'That's brilliant – he spilled the tea, no more gossip,' one user commented, with another agreeing and writing: 'He knows her well enough to know she would take this well. Great wee story.'

'I love this! Good old Scottish humour and they were obviously meant to be!' a third praised the groom's speech.
Key Takeaways

• Ian Young decided to surprise his new wife Katie by sharing the brutally honest story about how the newlyweds met while he made his wedding toast.
  • According to the groom, the two of them actually met in a bar, and the night took an unexpected turn shortly after they shared their first kiss.
  • When Ian stepped away for a while to grab them both some drinks, he later caught Katie kissing another guy.
  • Response to Ian's revelation on social media has been huge, with many declaring they were 'not expecting' the twist.
Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Was Ian's joke appropriate, or did he go a bit overboard? Let us know in the comments below!

Groom shocks wedding guests by revealing bride's 'dirty little secret' during toast

One groom has gone viral online after sharing a shocking secret about his new wife during his wedding speech.

Surprise surprise, the revelation the newly married couple had to go through shortly after their marriage left many viewers laughing and shaking their heads, with many saying that it was 'unexpected' and 'crazy'.

It was caught on camera when the newly married couple from Scotland, Ian Young, decided to surprise his new wife, Katie, by sharing the 'brutally honest' story about how they met.

The wedding speech of the couple was captured by Knoxland Films, the company hired to film their wedding, and was uploaded on TikTok, with the caption reading: 'Groom reveals shocking scandal on bride during toasts.'

View attachment 9402
During his toast, a groom went on to reveal his wife's 'dirty little secret'. Credit: Pexels/Dimitri Kuliuk.

'I do feel Katie and I need to be a little more honest with you all today,' Ian starts in the video.

'David the celebrant mentioned that we met for the first time at the cricket club, got chatting and shared a kiss later that night. Whilst that is true, we left out a few bits along the way,' he added while winking and making the audience laugh.

'After that, I apologised for my lack of chat and although she'll deny it to this day, she said to me, "Why don't you take my number and we can meet up another time?".'

Ian went on to say: 'A bit thirsty if you ask me – but I was so out of practice that I didn't even take her number and instead went outside to get us a couple of drinks being the gentleman that I am.'

'When I came back, I saw that she was kissing another guy,' Ian continued, shocking the audience and leaving his new wife, Katie, embarrassed and self-conscious: 'I realised now this is a fairly common occurrence for Kate.'

'In true style of my own, I just downed the two drinks and went back on the dance floor.'

The groom also joked that he was 'still nervous to go to the bar and leave Katie unattended,' before adding: 'This marriage could be over tonight.'

The revelation left thousands of users on social media in shock, with many saying that they were not expecting the twist in the newlyweds' story. Since the video was posted on Sunday, it has been viewed more than 1.6 million times. Not surprising, eh?

While many people found Ian's cheeky tale 'hilarious', others thought 'embarrassing' his wife on their wedding day was a bad move.

'Imagine filing for divorce during the reception – never a good idea to embarrass the partner at the wedding,' one user wrote in the comments. Another agreed and added: 'Poor woman.'

Others questioned if the couple is still together after such an unexpected event occurred. But then again, not all relationships end up in a bitter divorce. Some couples can survive through anything, even if it's a brutal surprise at their wedding.

'That's brilliant – he spilled the tea, no more gossip,' one user commented, with another agreeing and writing: 'He knows her well enough to know she would take this well. Great wee story.'

'I love this! Good old Scottish humour and they were obviously meant to be!' a third praised the groom's speech.
Key Takeaways

• Ian Young decided to surprise his new wife Katie by sharing the brutally honest story about how the newlyweds met while he made his wedding toast.
  • According to the groom, the two of them actually met in a bar, and the night took an unexpected turn shortly after they shared their first kiss.
  • When Ian stepped away for a while to grab them both some drinks, he later caught Katie kissing another guy.
  • Response to Ian's revelation on social media has been huge, with many declaring they were 'not expecting' the twist.
Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Was Ian's joke appropriate, or did he go a bit overboard? Let us know in the comments below!

Hes a jerk..and probably divorced

Another one looking for viewers and “likes” 🤦🏻🤦🏻
She probably knew what the speech was going to be……..what the husband was going to say 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️