Gregoire

Oct 21, 2021
Goodaye

Brief into... I'm Gregoire, The Aussie Frog. Thanks for accepting me into such an elite group.

Brief into... I'm Gregoire, The Aussie Frog. Thanks for accepting me into such an elite group.
Hi Gregoire! Welcome. We're honoured to have you. Where does the name come from, if you don't mind saying? :D

The name comes from a nick name my sister gave me quite some time ago. I studied French at highschool then travelled extensively through Europe and the Mediterranean where I spent some time travelling through France and attended a refresher course at the University of Dijon. I didnt study mustard but drank a fair bit of wine as Dijon is in the centre of the Bougogne wine district famous for pinot noirs, Chardonnay, Chablis and Beaujolais.
The name Gregoire has stuck as I have a great love of the French people and particularly the French language.

The name comes from a nick name my sister gave me quite some time ago. I studied French at highschool then travelled extensively through Europe and the Mediterranean where I spent some time travelling through France and attended a refresher course at the University of Dijon. I didnt study mustard but drank a fair bit of wine as Dijon is in the centre of the Bougogne wine district famous for pinot noirs, Chardonnay, Chablis and Beaujolais.
The name Gregoire has stuck as I have a great love of the French people and particularly the French language.
Wow that is an incredible back story. I was actually referring to the name "The Aussie Frog" as I didn't realise Gregoire wasn't your real name! I'm super jealous that you got to experience that though. I'll be coming to you for any wine advice in future.

Part of me is French (known as 'frogs' ) so I call myself 'The Aussie Frog'. Hope this explains. Bon courage et bon chance.

Part of me is French (known as 'frogs' ) so I call myself 'The Aussie Frog'. Hope this explains. Bon courage et bon chance.
Have you travelled anywhere aside from Europe? :)

Oh yare. Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria; 6 countries in Asia; Egypt & Dubai; 4 countries in South Pacific (New Caledonia & Vanuatu for the French!!) and Hawaii & Vancouva.
Please tell me the origin of your name Xe as Ive mistaken it for Greece?

Oh yare. Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria; 6 countries in Asia; Egypt & Dubai; 4 countries in South Pacific (New Caledonia & Vanuatu for the French!!) and Hawaii & Vancouva.
Please tell me the origin of your name Xe as Ive mistaken it for Greece?
Wow that's incredible. We are really lucky to live in a time where it's so easy to flit across the globe. But I guess that's also why we are dealing with a pandemic lol.

So my full name is Xeandra (pronounced zee-ann-dra). It has Chinese origins of a different spelling though.

Chinese origin was my second choice. I thought "Xe" came from the Greek name Xenophon who was an Atheneon philosopher & military general in the 4th century BC Greece. My second 'love' is ancient Greece which would explain why I've been there 3 times.
We are all so unique 🤩 Love having a chat.

Chinese origin was my second choice. I thought "Xe" came from the Greek name Xenophon who was an Atheneon philosopher & military general in the 4th century BC Greece. My second 'love' is ancient Greece which would explain why I've been there 3 times.
We are all so unique 🤩 Love having a chat.
Hahaha thanks @Gregoire. You will definitely be my go-to when I need any travel advice :) Have a great day!