SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Gift ideas for my dad

Hi guys! :)

I know this is super random, but my dad is turning 60 today (for early birds, that’s tomorrow!) and I still haven’t decided on a gift for him. I thought I would turn to you guys for help. He’s not too picky and always grateful for anything, but I would like to get him something special. I’ve given him running shoes and clothes in the past, but I want to do something different this year. I’m thinking maybe a dinner date at his favourite restaurant because he doesn’t get to treat himself and I also want to spend time with him.

To the dads here, I wonder what would be the perfect gift for your birthday? 🤔

If you have any ideas, please let me know in the comments below. 🙏

Thank you, guys! ;)

Does he have a smart watch, you can pick one up that is not expensive.

I thought I would never use one. Then last year for my 60th my daughter got me one.

Let's me know how much I've walked, my blood pressure ect

I love it and now wouldn't be without it

I know this is super random, but my dad is turning 60 today (for early birds, that’s tomorrow!) and I still haven’t decided on a gift for him. I thought I would turn to you guys for help. He’s not too picky and always grateful for anything, but I would like to get him something special. I’ve given him running shoes and clothes in the past, but I want to do something different this year. I’m thinking maybe a dinner date at his favourite restaurant because he doesn’t get to treat himself and I also want to spend time with him.

Thank you, guys! ;)
I bought a friend of mine for his 60th birthday a beautiful fob watch. I also had it engraved. He loved it and carries it everywhere. Goodluck

I came across something called Trixity. It is an online app that you use to explore your city. It has clues that you follow (on foot) and you get to see parts of the city you might not know existed.

Thank you, guys! ;)
For our 60th my daughter did a family portrait. It is on canvas and sits above the TV. It is very precious 💞💕

Thank you, guys! ;)
If your Dad has a football team he follows how about a bottle of Port or similar that comes in club box if your Club has done one.

Go to the website https://www.inthebook.com and order him a Personalised Newspaper book with all the headlines over the years. I gave this to my husband for his 70th birthday and he loves it.
They have express posting too! 10% off for your first order. Not cheap but a wonderful memento.
Also a tshirt which says "It's taken me (insert how old) years to look this good" or "I'm too sixty for this shirt" or "I'm sixty and I know it"
So many choices !!! Hope the birthday party goes down really well. I also surprised my husband with a houseboat trip for a week. He certainly was spoilt !

Thank you, guys! ;)
Book him in for a hip replacement NOW so that when he gets to 70 he won't have to wait Buy him a good book or a bunnings voucher

Thank you, guys! ;)
Penfolds Bin 389 is a brilliant red wine and is currently on special to members of Dan Murphy for $95

Thank you, guys! ;)
Some cable ties for his hat / helmet to ward off swooping Magpies.