Get rid of pesky rug dents with this one easy trick!

We all know the feeling of coming home to a house full of furnishings that have seen better days. Maybe it's a worn-out piece of wallpaper or a wall clock that hanging on for dear life...

While there are a lot of quick fixes to these issues, there's no denying that one of the more difficult things to fix is dented rugs.

They seem to appear out of nowhere or we leave heavy furniture in one spot for too long. It can be quite a nuisance!

But don't fret folks, we've got good news for you!

One woman has found a genius way to fix those pesky rug dents–and it only takes a few minutes!

In a recent Facebook post, the woman shared a photo of her newly-reorganised home office, complete with new furniture. But it's what she did to her old rug that has everyone talking.

She wrote: 'We are reorganising our home office to accommodate 2 of us in there. The existing furniture had been sitting on the rug for 6 years now and was SOLID timber. It was very heavy. Three grown men were needed just to move the desk!'

'No wonder I had a hard time removing the dents from the rugs. This is just one small section. I ended up doing all the dents. I kid you not, they were about a centimetre deep,' she added along with the before and after photos of the section, she was talking about.

t1W-h0fwBb_k3fggDwZ9Td8sSp1AM3ht5U39Ahw_EesZGr3x_5zSr-fu7hK0gbpTBvcVcrpDaxRqmXpx8GPsuqacIs3Nr-KaenNvuBbTxS6r4UtdSXnq8TkKiB5eoV2pkAycd3bNA7oW1wQw8EYMbg

Before and after photos of the rug in question. Credit: Facebook.

The woman discovered that you can remove furniture dents simply by ironing them out! All you need is a damp cloth and a regular iron - no special tools or products are required.

Simply place the damp cloth over the dent and iron over it using the steam button. Wipe over the area with a damp cloth afterwards and stand back to admire your handiwork!

The trick has been well-received on social media, amassing more than 500 likes and comments from users who are gobsmacked by the rug's incredible transformation.

Many others shared their own tips for removing the dents from old rugs, with one user sharing: 'I had a rug with dents from coffee table legs. A friend told me to run a fork over it. Yes, a fork! It actually worked!'

Another method is to rub an ice cube over the dent.

One person suggested: 'I just placed ice in the dent, large ones will need several cubes. Then leave the cubes to melt on their own. The process allows the fibres to slowly absorb the moisture and swell.'

'Once the ice melts, blot the area with a paper towel. Then either use a spoon or a nail brush and fluff up the dents. Once fully dry give it a good vacuum.'

Other users are curious whether the areas that were straightened out go back to their dented state after a while, to which the woman replied with: 'It takes a while for it to go back to its bumpy state if you're not careful.'

We must admit that this is the first time we’ve encountered this trick and we're definitely looking forward to trying it.

How about you? Will you be giving this tip a go? Better yet, do you know other methods to get rid of the dents on your rugs? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
Better still, do away with your carpets. I did and it's the best thing I've ever done. A wood floor looks so good and has made the space look bigger and brighter. Cleaning is a breeze and you don't get the dust and dirt buildup you do in carpet, you don't have to worry about little accidents or spills as they are dealt with in a jiffy.:)

Warning about an iron on carpet.....if your carpet has a high acrylic content, an iron will just melt the fibres together....you'll be in more trouble than just a dent. Don't put the iron directly on the carpet, just hover it over the dents, and NOT too hot.

Warning about an iron on carpet.....if your carpet has a high acrylic content, an iron will just melt the fibres together....you'll be in more trouble than just a dent. Don't put the iron directly on the carpet, just hover it over the dents, and NOT too hot.
I thought that too. Could be fraught !

Reactions: Ricci and JayKay
That is an old old method, I can remember my Mum doing that when I was in primary school. I wondered why she was ironing the floor on a very very hot day in FNQ

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
Better still, do away with your carpets. I did and it's the best thing I've ever done. A wood floor looks so good and has made the space look bigger and brighter. Cleaning is a breeze and you don't get the dust and dirt buildup you do in carpet, you don't have to worry about little accidents or spills as they are dealt with in a jiffy.:)
I have never had carpet and also got rid of rugs. However clean you are, carpets are dirty. Rugs are dangerous - I've known more than one person trip over them resulting in long-term health problems.