Frustrated with folding fitted sheets? Try this game-changing trick!

We're willing to bet that most of us here have had our fair share of frustration when it comes to folding fitted bed sheets. While we can appreciate the brilliance of these sheets, they can be quite difficult to handle, especially when it comes to folding them neatly for storage!

The elastic corners always seem to get in the way, and we often find ourselves struggling to match them up to create a uniform shape. It can be quite a time-consuming process, and it can leave us feeling frustrated and annoyed.

What's more, folding fitted bed sheets can be physically demanding, especially for those who may have mobility issues or arthritis. The process requires a lot of bending, stretching, and tugging, which can put a strain on the body.

At times, we find ourselves wishing for the days when sheets were simply rectangular and could be folded with ease... Despite the frustration, though, we know that proper bed sheet care is important, and we persevere through the task, albeit with a bit of complaining.

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 5.16.48 PM.png
Fitted sheets can be a pain to fold up for storage if you don't know what you're doing. Credit: Pexels/cottonbro studio.

But did you know there is actually an easier way of folding fitted sheets for storage? And no, we're not talking about crumpling them up like a ball and tossing them into the linen press (although let's be honest, we've all been there).

Dubbed the 'Folding Queen' on social media, Lennia has cracked the code on how to fold fitted sheets like a pro. And it's not just about making them look nice and neat, it's also about saving you time, space, and let’s be honest, sanity.

So how does it work? To begin, she lays the fitted sheet flat on the floor and then puts a hand in each of the bottom corners and flips the corners inside out.

The next step involves taking the bottom corners and putting them inside the top two corners of the fitted sheet. Then with her hands still in the corners, she holds the now-folded-in-half fitted sheet in the air and gives it a shake.

Laying it back down on the floor, she then goes ahead and folds a small section from the bottom, folds the sides in to meet in the centre and finally, folds it in half longitudinal and then twice from the bottom.

Then fold it in half, and voila - a neatly folded bundle that's sure to fit into the linen closet with no problem! Didn’t understand anything that I just said? Not to worry, I’ve posted a video of exactly what you need to do below!

The footage of Lennia completing the folding technique and within seconds achieving a neatly folded sheet has since gone viral and it's not hard to see why!

Hundreds of users were left awestruck after watching Lennia's video, and the comments section was filled with exclamations of amazement. 'You can't convince me this isn't magic,' one user commented, while another said, 'Oh my goodness… Why did I not know this?!'

But there were also some savvy users who have been using this technique for a while now, and they know the magic of it all too well. They swear by it, and for good reason - it makes their storage cabinet so much more organised!

Aside from the fitted sheets, we all know the feeling of trying to stuff the corners of our duvet into the cover and just hoping for the best. It's a frustrating task that we've all been guilty of rushing through, and it can leave our bed looking lumpy and messy.

But what if there was an easier way to do it? Luckily for us, there is!

Credit: Inhabitat.

Here's a simple and effective method to get your duvet into its cover without all the frustration.

First, turn the cover inside out and lay it flat on your bed. Then, lay your duvet on top of the cover. Starting from the head of the bed, roll the duvet and the cover together until you reach the end of the bed. This should create a 'sausage' or 'burrito' shape.

Next, grab either end of the 'sausage' and flip the cover around the duvet. Do the same on the other end of the roll. Finally, unroll the 'sausage', and voila! Your duvet will be perfectly positioned inside the cover.

It's a quick and easy process that will leave your bed looking neat and tidy. Say goodbye to the frustration of trying to stuff your duvet into its cover, and hello to a well-made bed!

Let's face it - keeping a tidy and well-made bed can be a daunting task. From dealing with fitted sheets to trying to get your duvet cover on without ending up in a tangled mess, it's enough to make anyone want to avoid the bedroom altogether.

We've shared some great tips on how to make the most out of your fitted sheets and get that pesky duvet cover on in no time, and we hope they make your bed-making experience a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable, members!

So, what do you think? Is the fitted sheet folding tip news to you, or have you been doing it this way all this time? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
We're willing to bet that most of us here have had our fair share of frustration when it comes to folding fitted bed sheets. While we can appreciate the brilliance of these sheets, they can be quite difficult to handle, especially when it comes to folding them neatly for storage!

The elastic corners always seem to get in the way, and we often find ourselves struggling to match them up to create a uniform shape. It can be quite a time-consuming process, and it can leave us feeling frustrated and annoyed.

What's more, folding fitted bed sheets can be physically demanding, especially for those who may have mobility issues or arthritis. The process requires a lot of bending, stretching, and tugging, which can put a strain on the body.

At times, we find ourselves wishing for the days when sheets were simply rectangular and could be folded with ease... Despite the frustration, though, we know that proper bed sheet care is important, and we persevere through the task, albeit with a bit of complaining.

View attachment 14039
Fitted sheets can be a pain to fold up for storage if you don't know what you're doing. Credit: Pexels/cottonbro studio.

But did you know there is actually an easier way of folding fitted sheets for storage? And no, we're not talking about crumpling them up like a ball and tossing them into the linen press (although let's be honest, we've all been there).

Dubbed the 'Folding Queen' on social media, Lennia has cracked the code on how to fold fitted sheets like a pro. And it's not just about making them look nice and neat, it's also about saving you time, space, and let’s be honest, sanity.

So how does it work? To begin, she lays the fitted sheet flat on the floor and then puts a hand in each of the bottom corners and flips the corners inside out.

The next step involves taking the bottom corners and putting them inside the top two corners of the fitted sheet. Then with her hands still in the corners, she holds the now-folded-in-half fitted sheet in the air and gives it a shake.

Laying it back down on the floor, she then goes ahead and folds a small section from the bottom, folds the sides in to meet in the centre and finally, folds it in half longitudinal and then twice from the bottom.

Then fold it in half, and voila - a neatly folded bundle that's sure to fit into the linen closet with no problem! Didn’t understand anything that I just said? Not to worry, I’ve posted a video of exactly what you need to do below!

The footage of Lennia completing the folding technique and within seconds achieving a neatly folded sheet has since gone viral and it's not hard to see why!

Hundreds of users were left awestruck after watching Lennia's video, and the comments section was filled with exclamations of amazement. 'You can't convince me this isn't magic,' one user commented, while another said, 'Oh my goodness… Why did I not know this?!'

But there were also some savvy users who have been using this technique for a while now, and they know the magic of it all too well. They swear by it, and for good reason - it makes their storage cabinet so much more organised!

Aside from the fitted sheets, we all know the feeling of trying to stuff the corners of our duvet into the cover and just hoping for the best. It's a frustrating task that we've all been guilty of rushing through, and it can leave our bed looking lumpy and messy.

Here's a simple and effective method to get your duvet into its cover without all the frustration.

First, turn the cover inside out and lay it flat on your bed. Then, lay your duvet on top of the cover. Starting from the head of the bed, roll the duvet and the cover together until you reach the end of the bed. This should create a 'sausage' or 'burrito' shape.

Next, grab either end of the 'sausage' and flip the cover around the duvet. Do the same on the other end of the roll. Finally, unroll the 'sausage', and voila! Your duvet will be perfectly positioned inside the cover.

It's a quick and easy process that will leave your bed looking neat and tidy. Say goodbye to the frustration of trying to stuff your duvet into its cover, and hello to a well-made bed!

Let's face it - keeping a tidy and well-made bed can be a daunting task. From dealing with fitted sheets to trying to get your duvet cover on without ending up in a tangled mess, it's enough to make anyone want to avoid the bedroom altogether.

We've shared some great tips on how to make the most out of your fitted sheets and get that pesky duvet cover on in no time, and we hope they make your bed-making experience a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable, members!

So, what do you think? Is the fitted sheet folding tip news to you, or have you been doing it this way all this time? Let us know in the comments below!

Have been doing this for fitted sheets since a a lovely salesperson from Adairs shared her experience of folding these sheets with me, definitely a life changing less frustrating way of folding these little buggers ❤️

View attachment 14039

I learned to fold them when a neighbour saw me struggling with one when I first started living on my own

View attachment 14039

OK if you have a space to do it and are nimble enough to get down on floor!!!!!!

If you can get down to the floor, then that is a bonus. After fracturing my leg last year and doing strengthening exercises every week, there is no way I can get down to the floor and up again. I just put the opposite corners of the fitted sheet inside each other both ends and fold like I would for a flat sheet. That is the best I can do. I always put my doona cover inside out and then put the doona in it with pegs on the corner till I have got it totally inside the cover. Sorry it works for m.

View attachment 14039

Not sure I would fold my sheet on the floor. #1 not very sanitary, I'd do it on the bed or a table #2 not sure I'd be able to crawl around like she does and be able to get up again 😊

Have been doing this for fitted sheets since a a lovely salesperson from Adairs shared her experience of folding these sheets with me, definitely a life changing less frustrating way of folding these little buggers ❤️
As the beds in my house are singles I have found a cooler way of hanging & collecting them from the line. I find both bottom corners & hang them together on the line then I get the top corners & do the same thing the little piece from the top or bottom I pin separately plus a couple of pegs in the middle. When the sheet is dry I reverse the order & fold the sheet straight from the line. Works for me as I have arthritis & can't get down to the floor.

Fold them as you take them off the line... on the bed or floor good long if you have long enough arms that will stretch to the corners of a king size sheet!
my arms are not long enough to fold even a queen size bed flat sheet, but I am lucky enough to have a husband with Gorilla arms who is happy to get roped in to help me fold our Super King size Flat Sheets.

Reactions: TheBear