From the Stage to the Aisles: Rod Stewart's unexpected Bunnings sighting leaves fans buzzing!

Rod Stewart has been a music icon for decades, captivating audiences with his timeless performances. From his soulful voice to his electrifying stage presence, he has become a legend in the music industry.

So, when his highly anticipated tour was announced, fans Down Under were over the moon with excitement!

But as the saying goes, 'the show must go on’, and sometimes unforeseen circumstances can throw a wrench in the plans.

Just hours before his scheduled performance in Geelong in March, Sir Rod Stewart made a shocking announcement: he had to cancel the show due to a sudden viral infection and an irritated throat caused by the illness.

Talk about a major disappointment for fans who were eagerly anticipating a night of music magic!

In a heartfelt statement, the legendary singer expressed his regret, saying, 'I'm only human, and sometimes I get sick just like you do. My greatest joy is performing for you, so I'm doing everything I can to get on the mend and back on stage.'

Fans were quick to send their good wishes to Rod Stewart, showing their unwavering support for their beloved artist.

Despite the setback, there was a silver lining for fans. The resilient rocker managed to reschedule the show just a few weeks later, giving his Australian fans something to look forward to.

It's clear that Rod Stewart's dedication to his craft and his fans are unwavering, and his determination to get back on stage and give his all is truly admirable.

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 12.38.34 PM.png
Sir Rod Stewart was spotted shopping at Bunnings in Balgowlah after cancelling an Australian show due to illness. Credit: Twitter.

Rod Stewart's Australian tour has been full of surprises, and Sydney fans got an unexpected treat when the music legend was spotted at none other than Bunnings!

After a few successful performances in other states, the musician made his way to Sydney, and it seems like he was not only hitting the stage but also hitting the hardware store aisles!

On a sunny Monday, Rod Stewart was spotted at the Balgowlah Bunnings store, much to the delight of shoppers. One lucky fan even managed to capture a photo of the singer posing with three Bunnings staff members.

The fan hilariously captioned the photo, 'Rod Stewart spotted at Bunnings feeling somewhat disappointed to hear that they only do snags in bread on the weekends.' It seems like even music legends have a hankering for a classic Aussie sausage sizzle!

What's even more impressive is that Rod Stewart seemed to have recovered quickly from his recent health setback. Fans were thrilled to see him out and about, looking vibrant and in good spirits, as he mingled with the Bunnings team and took pictures with fans.

Bunnings also confirmed the sighting and released a statement saying, 'Rod was very lovely and generous with his time taking pictures with the team, and they loved hearing he loves shopping at Bunnings.'

Rod Stewart's down-to-earth and friendly nature continues to win hearts wherever he goes.

For Sydney fans, it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience to spot a music legend like him at their local hardware store. It's moments like these that remind us that even celebrities enjoy the simple pleasures of everyday life, just like the rest of us.

Key Takeaways

• Rod Stewart's Australian tour was met with excitement, but he had to cancel a show due to illness.
  • Fans were pleasantly surprised when Rod Stewart was spotted at a Bunnings hardware store in Sydney, taking pictures with staff and fans.
  • Bunnings confirmed the sighting, and fans were thrilled to see Rod Stewart out and about, recovering from his recent health setback and enjoying everyday life.

Move over red carpets, Bunnings is where the stars are shining! Aside from Road Stewart, British pop sensation Harry Styles recently caused a frenzy among fans when he donned the hardware store's iconic straw hat during his concert at Melbourne's Marvel Stadium.

In a video that quickly went viral on TikTok, Styles effortlessly caught the hat mid-air and flaunted it on stage, much to the delight of his adoring fans.

With Rod Stewart's recent sighting at a Bunnings store in Sydney, it seems like Bunnings has become a celebrity magnet. From rock legends to pop stars, Bunnings is where the stars are making unexpected appearances, adding a touch of excitement and surprise to everyday life.

If you want to read the full story about Harry Styles and the straw hat from Bunnings, you can read it here at this link!

Rod Stewart's recent health setback may have disappointed fans during his Australian tour, but his quick recovery and surprise sighting at a Bunnings store in Sydney brought excitement and joy to both fans and Bunnings shoppers alike.

It's a reminder that even legendary artists like him are human too and can face unexpected challenges.

Members, we want to ask you: Have you ever had a chance encounter with a celebrity in a surprising location? Share your stories in the comments below, and we hope you continue keeping an eye out for more unexpected celebrity sightings in everyday places!

Sponsored
I've had a few encounters including

1970s Singer William Shakespeare met him in a takeaway shop at Dulwich Hill actually sat and ate with him

Went to a friend's for a BBQ and Leo sayer was there. He was a good friend of our friends and used to stay in friends Watson Bay home

Steve Waugh at our son's cricket game and now our sons are 23 and best friends

I went to the Rod Stewart's Sydney concert and it was Amazing

Screenshot_20230406-075946_Gallery.jpg

Forgot about my meeting with Kyle Sanderlands ..I worked in a formal/ bridal store 15 years ago and used to always look after his ex wife Tamara .

One day she came in with her entourage, her mum , sister and friends and Kyle drove them there in a van.
They were shopping for her engagement and boy what a mess the shop was left in afterwards .

Kyle came in to pick them up and stuck his head over a rack , I remember he had an Andy cap on and asked if they were ready , he also apologised for the mess , he saw how upside down the store was. But this was a normal thing for her , every time it was just her

He was actually really nice and respectful but can't say much about his ex.

Another encounter with a celebrity was when I was at Randwick races with my Grandfather maybe 40 years ago , he would have been maybe 60 at the time and he said I want you to meet a friend when his friend turned around it was Jeannie Little , he had met her at the Melbourne cup years before through a friend and he actually didn't know she was famous

Gee whiz ... I didn't go to that Bunnings store that day, so I don't think I lost too much sleep over that missed opportunity. But even if I did go, it would not have made one iota of difference to my day. He's just another Pommy singing "star". So what? I wouldn't even spare him a second glance.

What are they more than me?? They sing and have money but they were born the same way and will die the same way. I don’t idolise people, no matter what they are 😆😆😆

Reactions: Leeta069 and Ricci
Gee whiz ... I didn't go to that Bunnings store that day, so I don't think I lost too much sleep over that missed opportunity. But even if I did go, it would not have made one iota of difference to my day. He's just another Pommy singing "star". So what? I wouldn't even spare him a second glance.
He is only one of the best Scottish singing stars 🌟

He is only one of the best Scottish singing stars 🌟
WAS!!!! Too old now, voice not the same. I dont go to concerts for geriatrics as I would be disappointed, I would prefer the memories of what they were. Seen heaps of concerts in 60's and 70's, Led Zepplin, Stones ect.

Reactions: Ricci
WAS!!!! Too old now, voice not the same. I dont go to concerts for geriatrics as I would be disappointed, I would prefer the memories of what they were. Seen heaps of concerts in 60's and 70's, Led Zepplin, Stones ect.
I've also been to heaps of concerts including rolling stones, boz scaggs, Bowie, America , Fleetwood Mac untol times .

The two I have seen as so called geriatrics are Neil Diamond when he was in his 70s and his voice was just as good and Rod Stewart last week and his voice was still very very good.

I hope you don't give up on everyone just because they are older.

I went to a Whitney Houston concert last time she was in Australia, she was either late 30s or early 40s and that was the worst concert I went to , she sounded horrible

Reactions: Ricci
I worked in a motel as a receptionist when I was younger. I met Johnny OKeefe, Jon English, Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, Judy Stone, Little Pattie, to name a few. The stars usually stayed in the motel when they did shows in our country town. It was a family owned motel and I was the full time receptionist so was on duty most of the time when the stars would stay. It was great, they were all well behaved back then, no trashing rooms or creating a nuisance of themselves like some stars today.

I've met a few celebrities over the years. Before he became famous I met Billy Thorpe at a small school in Brisbane. The school was to help students much like tutoring today. Also was invited to a get to gather for Peter Wyngarde from the 70s series Department S and the best one was Joe Hasham from number 96. We were in Malaysia with the RAAF and I was pregnant at the time. I was sitting on the floor making a macrame hammock for my father in law. The other end of the hammock was hooked over the top of a door. This guy put his head around the door and asked what I was doing. We had a nice 5 minute conversation. He was there helping to look for sites for a film. The rest of the ladies in the room were pretty gobsmacked I could just have a casual conversation with him. He was also on the plane coming home and sat in the cockpit for the night landing in Sydney. He was a bit green after that. He now lives in Malaysia

This is such old news - it must have happened over a month ago! Huh!

Pity we didn't have mobile phones back then
He’s not a pommy he’s a scot and a very generous scot with his money .he’s a lovely person and tries to help where he can. He’s. Paid for people’s cancer treatment and tests. He’s learnt the meaning of life as he has matured and is a fantastic performer even at his age.

Reactions: Suzanne rose